Don't get too excited but I thought it was pretty cool. I occasionally listen to a radio host named Neal Boortz and he was in the Oval Office a couple days ago with some other radio hosts meeting with Bush.

He mentioned he owns a Blackberry Storm and that he had it with him at the meeting. They were instructed to shut off all phones prior to the meeting to limit interuptions. Anyway he did that but when they got inside and were having small talk before hand he wanted to take a couple pictures and had someone take pictures of him with the guests around and was using the Storm. When done he stuck it in his pocket but forgot to shut it off....

So in the middle of a few photo ops and TV interviews he got a phone call on the Storm and it was ringing in the middle of the press ops.

Not earth shattering but I thought it was pretty cool! I was kind of expecting him to say "I went to take a photo and the phone locked up on me!"

Please note this thread is not intended for political discussion or flames, just wanted to relay a cool story about our phones!
    01-15-09 11:04 AM
    should've turned off the radio... would've still been able to take pics, but not worry about the phone ringing. No biggie, i'm sure.
    01-15-09 11:51 AM
    Kewl.
    01-15-09 11:56 AM
    lol that would of been so embarrassing for him to of said that lol
    i don't think i ever turn my phone off, if someone asks me too i just put it on silent and be like "yeah its off" lol
    01-15-09 12:04 PM
    I've been there before... trying to make the Storm cooperate with you in a panic situation, and like a stubborn jackass it decides to lock up..

Yeah... IV'E BEEN THERE! LOL!
    01-15-09 12:12 PM

Not earth shattering but I thought it was pretty cool! I was kind of expecting him to say "I went to take a photo and the phone locked up on me!"

Please note this thread is not intended for political discussion or flames, just wanted to relay a cool story about our phones!
    Funny - I thought the exact same thing. Or maybe not funny - b/c probally many of us were thinking, " OK what happened now?" (like a rambuncious (sp?) child - this device is.)
    01-15-09 12:24 PM
    what ring tone was he using?
    01-15-09 12:56 PM
    Very cool. I never turn mine off though. Just set the profile to alerts off. I wanna see the missed calls
    01-15-09 01:06 PM
    what ring tone was he using?
    Baby's Got Back - Sir Mix A Lot
    01-15-09 01:07 PM
    Sounds like he at least had all of his credentials in order to be allowed in
    01-15-09 01:20 PM
    Awesome!!! would've been even cooler if da Pres asked him if that was a BB Storm dats ringing
    01-15-09 01:21 PM
    For a second there I thought he said that Bush had a Storm. My next question would have been "Which one of you idi0t boobs on here is Bush?" lol I jest.

I read in another thread that supposedly the Air Force is testing the Storm for deployment now and when it happens obviously will happen with the camera turned off and such, but who knows... perhaps Obama will get one. I honestly think he'll probably be more of a Niagra fan though when that comes out... that is if the Nazis in the White House will let him keep his phone.
    01-15-09 01:29 PM
    Obama has an 8700 still. Least till that take it way.
    01-15-09 01:34 PM
    I thought Prez Bush had a storm, lol.

I can't see that guy being able to work a Storm, a Juke maybe.
    01-15-09 01:37 PM
    I think the ringtone was Calypso.

As for Obama and the Blackberry....I have read numerous articles about the security risks it poses. Due to GPS and countless other things it is like a homing beacon and he is caring it on him. Not too smart. Plus from a legal aspect it is hard to verify emails and who sent them and where they are going. Presidents are actually instructed not to use email EVER.

I mean technically a replica of the BB could be swapped and god knows what would be in it.

While it is cool to say the Prez has a BB. Not so cool when they say well some hacker homed in on the BB and divulged his location.

Besides if they got the BB armor proofed and debugged and completely hacker proof it would end up the size of a laptop and defeat the whole purpose. He would have to use a back pack to carry it around.

OR INSIDE JOKE HERE

He would end up with a phone like Dom Jolley on Trigger Happy where he answers it in quiet places yelling at the top of his lungs. Some UN meeting and Obama says "Excuse me a moment".... HELLO!!!!!
    01-17-09 09:08 AM
    That's awesome...not the worst thing to happen but good info thnx.
    01-17-09 09:17 AM
    I just hope his ringtone wasn't any Dixie Chicks music.
    01-17-09 12:12 PM
    should've turned off the radio... would've still been able to take pics, but not worry about the phone ringing. No biggie, i'm sure.
    Hes not smart enough ... we already learned that after 8 years.
    01-17-09 01:34 PM
    Hes not smart enough ... we already learned that after 8 years.
    You don't read or comprehend very well do you? It wasn't GWB's Storm, it was Neal Boortz's.

Democrat by chance?
    01-17-09 02:44 PM
    Isn't it obvious by his ability to ignore information and spin it to his advantage? Lol
    You don't read or comprehend very well do you? It wasn't GWB's Storm, it was Neal Boortz's.

Democrat by chance?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 02:58 PM
    I thought Prez Bush had a storm, lol.

I can't see that guy being able to work a Storm, a Juke maybe.

I dunno... he's kind of old to be trying to read the microscopic text on a Juke dontcha think? LOL
    01-30-09 10:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD