I've updated to 109, i've had a couple of issues with the landscape keyboard, but nothing serious.

But when the phone is locked, and the backlight has turned off, it I click the screen, it doesn't tell me anything.

I usually do this when I pull it out of my pcket after driving to check it's still on.

Now it doesn't show anything on screen until I unlock it. So no message telling me it's locked or anything.

Any ideas?
    02-25-09 04:07 AM
    which OS did you ahve on it before? At some point the unlock appeared to have been changed where you have to hit a physical key to get it to light... screen clicks no longer lit the phone. Probably a battery saving thing they changed.
    02-25-09 04:09 AM
    I couldn't tell you what I upgraded from. Whatever Vodafone Australia is currently offering.
    02-25-09 04:12 AM
    It doesn't tell you anything, only in portrait.
    02-25-09 04:13 AM
    Yeah, mines the same way. Further more,the screen dims right away instead of my usual 30 seconds. As Kokuryuah mentioned, you have to press a key instead to have screen show anything.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 04:15 AM
    It doesn't tell you anything, only in portrait.
    Sorry, what do you mean it doesn't tell me anything?
    02-25-09 04:17 AM
    Sorry, what do you mean it doesn't tell me anything?
    What are you expecting the phone to do when you press it? In portrait it displays the top banner along with the owner name and extra info, in landscape it's just the banner.

You said you're looking for something on-screen when you click in landscape.
    02-25-09 04:20 AM
    I'm not looking for anything on the screen. When I pull it out of my pocket, I just click it to make sure it hasn't somehow powered off.

So I click to get confirmation that it's on.
    02-25-09 05:08 AM
    I'm not looking for anything on the screen. When I pull it out of my pocket, I just click it to make sure it hasn't somehow powered off.

So I click to get confirmation that it's on.
    Gotcha, I thought you were looking for a message, someimte mine takes a few clicks to turn on.
    02-25-09 05:16 AM
    I'm currenty on .109 and I also think that it's a power saving feature they added. I was actually looking forward to something like that, because my Storm always turned the backlight on, when I grabbed into my pocket and this wasted tons of battery power.
    If you still want to check if you Storm is on, just hit the "Back" button (the arrow) and the display will turn on, but stays locked. Hope that helps you.
    02-25-09 08:11 AM
    I noticed this too when I installed .103. Kind of reminds me of standby but if you hit any of the keys it will display the screen lock msg.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD