I am trying to decide if I am going to return my Storm since it does not perform as advertised.....but I thought I would check with you guys first to see if any of this can be solved.

I want to do 2 things on my Storm:
    1) Listen to XM radio either via their mobile service or via streaming on their website. The first option does not work because Verizon has not enabled that and the second does not work because the storm will not stream that because I think it is flash which the Storm does not support.

2) I want to listen to steaming live audio at finebaum.com by clicking on the 'listen now' graphic. Which I also believe wont work because it is flash.

Am I doing anything wrong or are these two things not possible on the Storm that vowed to have a FULL INTERNET EXPERIENCE?

Help!

Judson
    12-06-08 01:44 PM
    I don't know about those two sites but I can listen to streaming audio via moodio.com... It's a free site. And the audio is amazing on the storm. Just go there with your desktop and set it up.. point your storm browser to it and then enjoy!
    12-06-08 01:49 PM
    I'll try that.
    But I really want to listen to Opie and Anthony on XM and Paul Finebaum (sports show out of Birmingham, AL where I just moved from).
    My new job here in Dallas blocks those sites so I was hoping to listen to them on my Storm using a headset.
    Just don't know if I am doing anything wrong or if it is the Storm not being able to do those.
    12-06-08 02:07 PM
    I'll try that.
    But I really want to listen to Opie and Anthony on XM and Paul Finebaum (sports show out of Birmingham, AL where I just moved from).
    My new job here in Dallas blocks those sites so I was hoping to listen to them on my Storm using a headset.
    Just don't know if I am doing anything wrong or if it is the Storm not being able to do those.
    if you can stream the stations at home, try orb with xm.. do a search around here and you should find the instructions if you need them...
    not sure about the other site you mentioned.. I think orb can stream stations as long as it knows the address.
    12-06-08 02:16 PM
    If those are your two main things, I'd say return it. If you can do with other options, in the interim, then I'd wait it out.

I had a treo hooked up to my slingbox and loved it. I'm having a tough time without it now but I'm holding out hope that a BB app that will connext to my slingbox will come out. Lots of talk and supposedly in development but I haven't seen it yet. If anyone has, point me in the right direction and I'll be forever greatful.
    12-06-08 02:31 PM
    I use moodio.com as well and it works great. If you can't get the station you want, they add it for you. I know you can listen to satellite radio too. Not sure if it was xm or sirius though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 03:15 PM
    Rimbuk you are my saviour! I just set up moodio and I can now listen to Opie and Anthony and my home town sports radio show!
    Bless you sir!
    12-07-08 09:42 AM
    you giving up your storm because you cant get live radio.....gtfo
    12-07-08 09:46 AM
    Rimbuk you are my saviour! I just set up moodio and I can now listen to Opie and Anthony and my home town sports radio show!
    Bless you sir!
    i guess i am just mud....
    12-10-08 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD