So, Walmart will be selling the BB Storm tomorrow. Pricing is:
    $198.88 w/new 2yr contract or upgrade
    $298.88 w/new 1yr contract
    $498.00 w/o service agreement
    (These prices are w/o rebates)

I work in the cell phone dept. and we just got two of them in today. From what I learned we're the only Walmart in the Central Valley in CA.

I just suggegest u check ur local Walmart. They just might have'em in stock, even if it is only two.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-20-08 04:40 PM
    Well that was nice of you to share maybe some can go to Wally instead of standing in a long line lol!! so will they give out the rebates as well?

Our Wally said they wouldn't be getting them but I'm in Canada. go figure
    11-20-08 04:43 PM
    thats some good prices
    oh yeah!! since Wally is 24 hours does that mean they can come at midnight?
    Verizon kisok in a Wal-Mart or just Wal-Mart selling these phones?

I didn't think Wally world had a contract for the Storm.
    11-20-08 04:44 PM
    nothing on their website...
    11-20-08 04:50 PM
    The Connection Center isn't 24 hours it's 9a to 9p i believe, in most locations.

11-20-08 04:52 PM
    I just called my local Walmart, they said its on extended inventory only.... basically ordering it online.
    11-20-08 04:58 PM
    I called the walmart here (they do have a verizon booth) I spook with a guy that sounded like he was incredibly sleepy. When I asked about the phone he had no idea what it was and checked and came back and said nothing is here and nothing is on our computers.
    11-20-08 05:10 PM
    I called the walmart here (they do have a verizon booth) I spook with a guy that sounded like he was incredibly sleepy. When I asked about the phone he had no idea what it was and checked and came back and said nothing is here and nothing is on our computers.
    If you thought "Verizon" sales geeks were uninformed, expect Wally World "Associates" to be "MORE" uninformed.
    11-20-08 05:14 PM
    didn't the OP say she worked at the cell dept in a Walmart? if so why doesn't she inform correctly! that's why people get so irritated!
    11-20-08 05:18 PM
    $498 at Wal-Mart sounds like a steal. Might have to pay them a visit in stead of Best Buy. Oh wait I'm ordering off line.
    11-20-08 05:50 PM
    didn't the OP say she worked at the cell dept in a Walmart? if so why doesn't she inform correctly! that's why people get so irritated!
    Excuse me, but I gave the CORRECT information for MY STORE and SUGGESTED that people check THEIR local Walmart. If you would READ a little more carefully you would have understood.

We sell the cell phones in our little section near electronics and photo. I know EVERY Walmart is different. Have u ever thought of that!?

11-20-08 07:21 PM
    my local walmart got two in. . .I know this for a fact. I saw them and got a peak inside one of the boxes, and messed with it a bit. Didn't get a chance to turn it on though. All the information the OP said is correct and I'm sure many walmarts will have 2 on hand and since it's probably the last place people will think to look. . you might as well give it a shot.
    11-20-08 09:52 PM
    my local walmart received two. . .I know this for a fact. I saw them and got a peak inside one of the boxes, and messed with it a bit. Turned it on but didn't have time to wait for it to power up. All the information the OP said is correct and I'm sure many walmarts will have 2 on hand and since it's probably the last place people will think to look. . you might as well give it a shot if all else fails.
    11-20-08 09:52 PM
    keep in mind that if you buy them at walmart your 100.00 or 50.00 New every 2 credit may not apply
    11-20-08 09:55 PM
    storm being sold at walmart too? wow, lost all its cool factor IMO
    11-20-08 09:57 PM
    storm being sold at walmart too? wow, lost all its cool factor IMO
    Yeah, cause it's totally uncool to try and save a little bit of money and a little bit of time by not having to wait for the rebate...

What a looser! lol

Last edited by LilMissBBAddict; 11-21-08 at 12:30 AM.
    11-20-08 10:10 PM
    Here are some the pics that I took of the Storm @ Walmart
    11-21-08 12:20 AM
    When talking to a VZW CSR I was told WalMart doesn't sell them. Even VZW CSRs seem to be in the dark of the Storm (pun intended)!

11-21-08 12:27 AM
    So if im already on contract can i go and buy it while siqning up again for another 2 years and get it for 200?
    11-21-08 12:32 AM
    So if im already on contract can i go and buy it while siqning up again for another 2 years and get it for 200?
    You'd have to be eligible for an upgrade or open up a new 2yr contract (by adding a line to your account)
    11-21-08 12:39 AM
    So, I ordered a Storm online today, paid for overnight shipping, and was patiently waiting for tomorrow. Happened to be in Walmart at 6pm, and what do you know, they had an actual Storm in stock. So, I called CR to see if I could cancel my existing order. Was told that, although my Storm wasn't scheduled to ship until next Tuesday (must get that overnight shipping fee refunded!), they couldn't stop the order. So, I couldn't add another line, since the pending one is my fifth. Ultimately, I just purchased the Walmart Storm at retail (498) and I will then sell one of them in a week when my other one arrives. Turned out to be rather good day
    11-21-08 08:40 PM
    Yeah, cause it's totally uncool to try and save a little bit of money and a little bit of time by not having to wait for the rebate...

What a looser! lol

yea I guess my shopping days at wal mart were over when I got a good job making enough money that I didn't have to worry about a couple dollars saved and allows me shop at other places and avoid waiting in extremely long lines filled with people using their american flag welfare card.

I guess in a sense, I am contributing to walmart's everyday low prices.

Enjoy
    11-21-08 08:50 PM
    yea I guess my shopping days at wal mart were over when I got a good job making enough money that I didn't have to worry about a couple dollars saved and allows me shop at other places and avoid waiting in extremely long lines filled with people using their american flag welfare card.

I guess in a sense, I am contributing to walmart's everyday low prices.

Enjoy
    That was one of the more ridiculous and idiotic statements I have ever heard. I have an excellent job making well into six figures and I still don't mind saving a buck. Every dollar saved is another dollar earned and I have never had an issue with that.

11-21-08 09:08 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD