I just bought the Storm w VZW and obviously hate it but it's starting to grow on me. Should I return it and wait for the Storm 2?? I don't know anything about it but have read some posts and people seem pretty excited.
    05-20-09 03:30 PM
    I think it will be a very good phone.. i have seen some pics of it and it looks much better compared to the original storm. I don't know if you should return it or not considering were not sure when the storm 2 is actually coming out 'officially' but its all basically up to you.
    05-20-09 03:33 PM
    You have 30 days to try it. Update it with the latest beta, and see if you like it.
    05-20-09 03:40 PM
    I have updated it and it is starting to grow on me. I really was hoping for the palm pro because it seems much easier and better intergated with work, windows, etc.
    The Storm has great features and I used the Google Maps yesterday and it was awesome w the GPS feature but there is still a lousy battery life and the glitches with the screen, answering the phone and the slow browser still make me hesitant. It clearly, is not the iPhone!!

I was just wondering if the Storm 2 will rectify all of these problems and I will have lost my $100 upgrade discount if I keep this one.

Thanks!
    05-20-09 04:04 PM
    I have updated it and it is starting to grow on me. I really was hoping for the palm pro because it seems much easier and better intergated with work, windows, etc.
    The Storm has great features and I used the Google Maps yesterday and it was awesome w the GPS feature but there is still a lousy battery life and the glitches with the screen, answering the phone and the slow browser still make me hesitant. It clearly, is not the iPhone!!

I was just wondering if the Storm 2 will rectify all of these problems and I will have lost my $100 upgrade discount if I keep this one.

Thanks!
    Thank god it isn't the iPhone.
    05-20-09 04:06 PM
    If you still can, return your storm. The things you hate about it will come back to haunt you. Given RIM's track record with the storm, I wouldn't hold my breath for its successor either. I sincerely hope you find something far better. The Pre should be out soon...maybe that will be your ticket.
    05-20-09 04:16 PM
    'Nuff said thank you. I was even considering going to sprint and getting the Palm Pro but I heard at a trade show from a Palm rep that they have a Pro w Verizon emblems all ready to go but nothing has been given the green light...
    WTF?!
    05-20-09 04:21 PM
    if you buy and keep the storm now, you'll be eligible for your annual upgrade when the next latest and greatest device is available (if you're planning on staying with VZW that is)
    05-20-09 04:33 PM
    I'm pretty happy with my storm with the latest hybrid, and don't really care for the wifi storm2 will offer as I'm sure it'll just be a battery drain anyway. If I'm somewhere with wifi, I probably have my laptop out already. I'm sure once the storm2 is released an official update for the storm will be pushed through to keep us from crying too loud. I don't regret buying it like many others do here, and am considering investing some money in the Seido 2600mAh battery very soon. I'm up again for an upgrade discount in either January or February, so maybe by then the storm2 bugs will be worked out, or maybe I'll go with the bold.

Shrug, if you're happy with it then don't let anyone else put you down. Whenever I have a problem with it I just google around until I find a fix and/or firmware tweak to patch it up. Annoying, and something one should never have to do with a $500 gadget, but I'm willing to live with it. Some people aren't.
    05-20-09 10:35 PM
    'Nuff said thank you. I was even considering going to sprint and getting the Palm Pro but I heard at a trade show from a Palm rep that they have a Pro w Verizon emblems all ready to go but nothing has been given the green light...
    WTF?!
    So you are downgrading from a superior network/superior customer service to an inferior network/inferior customer service just to get the Palm Pre. And you think Sprint can make you happy?

First of all, there is no guarantee the Palm Pre will be the "second coming" as many people hope. But just for argument's sake, the Pre turns out to be a great phone. But it will just be a very expensive paper weight without a great network to back it up. Sprint has lost 6 millions customers in the last several months. So go figure it out yourself.
    05-20-09 11:07 PM
    I think you should wait for Storm 2.
    05-21-09 08:39 AM
    I'd wait for the storm 2, if you can. However you should try the latest beta and see if you like it
    05-21-09 01:48 PM
    You have 30 days to try it. Update it with the latest beta, and see if you like it.
    Keep in mind that Verizon only gives you 3 or 4 days now after purchasing the phone without paying a $30 restocking fee to return a phone--I think there might be other stipulations as well.
    05-21-09 02:03 PM
    I wouldn't ever bank on a company potentially giving an upgrade discount for a new phone to current gen customers as this sort of thing doesnt happen often (ie terrible OS support and releasing a completely new device without addressing the current gens issues). Even if they did, you would be foolish to take it at this point as you'll end up paying more than if you just returned the phone now and bought a storm 2 later. I say foolish since you can still return the phone and get almost all of your money back.

If you're unsure, I'd return it. I'm sure when the new one comes out you'd probably be able to buy a storm 1 again and try them out side by side and pick which you'd want.
    05-21-09 02:06 PM
    restocking fee only applies in particular situations. if you upgrade, and return the phone, and then upgrade again, then they will charge you a restocking fee after the fact.

don't let any of the trolls talk you out of the storm based on storm 2 speculation. its months and months away.

and .148 feels to me like the next official, its too early to honestly confirm, but it feels so right!

if you have any questions, PM me and i'll set any rumors about VZW stuff straight.
    05-21-09 04:26 PM
    I can't help you with deciding between The Storm and Palm Pre other than to consider the network and than both Palm AND Sprint may be bankrupt by the end of the year.

As for deciding between the Storm 1 and the Storm 2 it basically comes down to the display. If you like the click display then keep the Storm 1, but if you would rather have a non click display, then wait for the Storm 2. Storm 2 may also have WiFi. Otherwise the hardware is going to be pretty much completely the same and by the time the Storm 2 comes out both versions will be running the same OS. So, "clicky" Storm one. No "clicky" + WiFi (maybe), Storm 2.

Personally, I would rather have the "clicky" than WiFi, so I'm probably staying on the first version unless both of mine die a sudden freak death.
    05-21-09 04:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD