Any good way to get a zune playlist onto a storm?
    02-03-09 08:10 PM
    I'm not sure about the playlist's but I just got my zune pass (subscription songs) to work on the storm.
    02-03-09 08:23 PM
    Explain please!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 08:26 PM
    Trying to sync the same playlist i have on my zune on my storm
    02-07-09 06:27 PM
    just copy the original music from your computer to the Storms SD card
    02-07-09 06:50 PM
    What's a Zune?
    ~D
    02-07-09 08:02 PM
    I'm not sure about the playlist's but I just got my zune pass (subscription songs) to work on the storm.
    how?

10 char
    02-07-09 08:10 PM
    I personally use Windows Media Player and the Zune software. If you use m3u playlists they will automatically sync between the two pieces of software. I then use Windows Media Player to sync my Storm's media card. Feel free to pm me if you need some more details than that.

02-07-09 09:35 PM
    I personally use Windows Media Player and the Zune software. If you use m3u playlists they will automatically sync between the two pieces of software. I then use Windows Media Player to sync my Storm's media card. Feel free to pm me if you need some more details than that.

I do the same works like a charm
    02-07-09 10:00 PM
    What's a Zune?
    ~D
    Think of an ipod with a FM tuner, wifi and media sharing. The single best media player aside from the ipod touch.
    02-07-09 11:28 PM
    I was being sarcastic. I just didn't know anyone has actually purchased a zune.
    ~D
    02-09-09 04:35 AM
    What's a Zune?
    ~D
    Bless you. (just say it quickly ' aaah aaahh whatsazune!' )

ehhhh... sorry. bad humor.

Oh.. I'm sure it was already answered, but it's Windows answer to the iPod.
    02-09-09 05:03 AM
    Awesome thanks for the tip ima try and sync tonight
    02-09-09 06:12 AM
    Think of an ipod with a FM tuner, wifi and media sharing. The single best media player aside from the ipod touch.
    This bothers me a bit.
    Why no media sharing on the storm.
    What an ultimate app.
    02-09-09 07:03 AM
    how?

10 char
    I would like to know this as well.
    02-09-09 07:11 AM
    I was being sarcastic. I just didn't know anyone has actually purchased a zune.
    ~D

Its too bad because it is by far superior to the ipod classic. Microsoft really messed up the marketing on this one.
    02-09-09 07:58 AM
    I just don't see how. My 5th Gen Ipod does exactly what I want it to do. Holds 30 gigs of music to be listened to while I'm driving. And it connects directly with my stereo. Have you ever seen a Zune adaptor? I haven't.
    ~D
    02-09-09 01:29 PM
    kind of snotty...
    02-09-09 01:56 PM
    I just don't see how. My 5th Gen Ipod does exactly what I want it to do. Holds 30 gigs of music to be listened to while I'm driving. And it connects directly with my stereo. Have you ever seen a Zune adaptor? I haven't.
    ~D
    I have a Zune dock that plugs into any aux port. I use it with my Tivoli Model One radio in our kitchen. Has a wireless remote as well.

There is also a Zune a/v pack that lets you plug it into your home theater system and watch videos and listen to music right off the device.
    02-09-09 02:14 PM
    kind of snotty...
    Don't be all mad my ipod works.
    ~D
    02-10-09 01:17 PM
    I have a Zune dock that plugs into any aux port. I use it with my Tivoli Model One radio in our kitchen. Has a wireless remote as well.

There is also a Zune a/v pack that lets you plug it into your home theater system and watch videos and listen to music right off the device.
    Ooo, I do like the home theater idea.
    ~D
    02-10-09 01:17 PM
    great tip. nice
    02-10-09 05:17 PM
    Anybody have an answer to this?.... Was somebody actually able to get their zunepass to work with the blackberry storm?

Thanks!
    02-12-09 02:52 PM
    yes i currently have my zune connected to the tv in my car and since it has "tv out" for the whole menu and everything i dont even have to look at the zune. Try having an ipod do that. Ipod can only play videos after you select them on a tv. Thats impossible if you want the device hidden.

Anyways, to get back on topic, i'm not using m3u's as zune has its own format for playlists. its a .zpl
    02-12-09 08:01 PM
    Here's a walkthrough i put together for how to get a zpl (Zune Playlist) into a wpl and an m3u so that you can sync it to your Storm with Windows Media Player

First, 2 caveats:
    I had originally been under the impression that the modifications made to the m3u list on either end would carry over between both the Zune software and WMP. I primarily use Windows Media Player for my playlist management, and pressing save in WMP after working on a playlist will cause the playlist to update in the Zune software via the m3u file. However, on further examination, it doesn't appear to work the other way around. You could work around this however by either doing your playlist manipulation in WMP, or repeating the zpl->wpl conversion when you have changes to a zpl.

Also, this will not work with autoplaylists because autoplaylists cannot be converted to m3u.

1. First things first, open up your "Music" folder. (on XP this should probably be "My Music". I don't have an XP box available to test, but the steps should be basically the same other than this.)

2. Go to Tools-->Folder Options. (on Vista you may need to press the alt key to get the tools menu to appear). In the view tab, uncheck the box for "Hide extensions for known filetypes" and then press OK.

3. In your music folder there should be a folder called Playlists and a folder called Zune. Inside of the Zune folder will be another folder of Playlists. Copy any playlists you want from Music\Zune\Playlists to Music\Playlists. Rename the copied files change the extension to .wpl so that windows media player will read it. Click through the box that warns you the file may be unstable if you change the extension. Windows Media Player and Zune actually use the exact same format for their playlists; the formats just have a different header and file extension.

4. Double clicking one of these .wpl playlists will cause it to open up in Windows Media Player, and WMP will replace the header and start playing the playlist. Confirm that the playlist is playing in the "Now Playing" section of WMP. (If you don't want to allow changes from WMP to the playlists to filter back to the Zune software, you can probably stop here and just synchronize your .wpl playlist to your Storm. Otherwise continue on)

5. While the playlist you want to convert to .m3u is playing, press the alt key to bring up the classic menu controls for WMP. From here choose File-->Save Now Playing List As...

6. The file save box that appears should default to the Music\Playlists folder, but if it doesn't, you will need to navigate to that folder. Choose your save name for your playlist (it should automatically fill in the name of the wpl here) and choose M3U playlist from the "Save as type" dropdown.

7. A few seconds after saving the playlist in the m3u format, you should see your new m3u playlist appear in the playlist sections of both WMP and the Zune software. (The Zune software observes Music\Playlists in search of playlists it can read as long as you have it set to monitor the music folder). After confirming that the m3u is being seen by both pieces of software, you can go back and delete the zpl and wpl files.

8. Repeat steps 4 through 7 for each playlist that you wanted to port over.

9. You can now use WMP's sync capabilities to send playlists to your Storm! (You'll have two devices; one the internal memory and the other the media card). These playlists maintain the original order from the Zune software, and maintain that order upon being sent to the Storm.

Hope this helps!
    02-12-09 09:36 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD