I need help deciding b/w the two. I'm sure since is this crackberry.com that the responses will be a bit biased, but the opinions are appreciated.

Looking at the specs, both phones are pretty similiar. Blackberry has their famed build quality and messaging service. HTC is pretty much the king in WinMo world, but not great build quality.

My work has been in the process of digitizing all their applications for the last year. They first started on Palm, but are now in the process of switching to WinMo
    Here are my options:
    Option 1) get the Blackberry Storm and keep my Samsung i760 for work stuff.
    Option 2) get the Touch Pro.
    Unrealistic Option 3: pray someone creates a winmo emulator for blackberry. Then I could run the apps on the Storm and it's a win win situation.

Phonedog.com has an app that will compare cell phone specs.
    Compare cell phones | PhoneDog.com
    11-12-08 11:55 PM
    Blackberry Storm! You are gonna have a hard time finding anyone in here telling you to go HTC. We are addicts!!
    11-12-08 11:58 PM
    If your business has standardized on WM (for god sakes why!) then maybe you should go with the HTC. You also need to look at the idea of carrying two phones? Is that something you want to do? Or would you rather just carry one. I love blackberry, and for an average smart phone user I would recommend the storm, but if you need WM for work, the touch pro might be the better choice.
    11-13-08 12:00 AM
    Ok, maybe the very next post but still...
    11-13-08 12:03 AM
    I've been carrying two devices, b/c I didn't want to use a Palm Treo. So I use my i760 for everything and my Palm E2 pda just for the work apps.

I was pretty much convinced on the Storm until I found out that the Touch pro is coming out around the same time.

I can see how a Blackberry user can become a Crackberry user fast. I've convinced others to switch to BB's and have helped them w/ their devices thanks to this site.
    11-13-08 12:06 AM
    I have always used WinMo.....I had a old 8125, then motoq, then i760, after the 6.1 debockle(sp) I now have a xv6800. I have been eyeballing the Omnia, and the Touch Pro. After much research, and messing with a Sprint Touch Pro, its not very responsive! Portrait to landscape is a couple seconds! I honestlly don't like how unreliable WinMo seems to be! My 6800 can be running flawless for a couple days and bam lock up in the middle of a call, or text ect. From what I've read hear, BB are SO much more stable!

P.S. I bet money u will be waiting till right before Christmas atleast for the Touch Pro, or omnia! The only new WinMo device that may come this month is the Saga....
    11-13-08 12:07 AM
    The screen size bro; also the Touch Pro looks cheesy..........
    I am a xv6800 user at present myself
    11-13-08 12:23 AM
    I have always used WinMo.....I had a old 8125, then motoq, then i760, after the 6.1 debockle(sp) I now have a xv6800. I have been eyeballing the Omnia, and the Touch Pro. After much research, and messing with a Sprint Touch Pro, its not very responsive! Portrait to landscape is a couple seconds! I honestlly don't like how unreliable WinMo seems to be! My 6800 can be running flawless for a couple days and bam lock up in the middle of a call, or text ect. From what I've read hear, BB are SO much more stable!

P.S. I bet money u will be waiting till right before Christmas atleast for the Touch Pro, or omnia! The only new WinMo device that may come this month is the Saga....
    Or the Touch Pro which as just announced and is coming out November 24th, hence the forum post
    11-13-08 12:28 AM
    Or the Touch Pro which as just announced and is coming out November 24th, hence the forum post
    Link to that post? Was it a offical announcement? Just curious. Its not in the new Device Catalogue thats getting ready to come out.....I am still getting the Storm!

11-13-08 12:33 AM
    11-13-08 12:34 AM
    Touch pro isn't that great on its touch. reacts real slow. my borther has it
    11-13-08 12:37 AM
    [QUOTE=04redgto;958906]Link to that post? Was it a offical announcement? Just curious. Its not in the new Device Catalogue thats getting ready to come out.....I am still getting the Storm!

QUOTE]

I saw it on engadget mobile. Not an official release. I can't po

I can't post links yet b/c I dont have 10 posts.
    11-13-08 12:38 AM
    You dont have to post it, I just did
    11-13-08 12:41 AM
    You beat me to it.

I've read that the Storm's touchscreen wasn't as responsive either. Has that been cleared up? Most of the stories online said that phones had a preproduction version of the software.
    11-13-08 12:43 AM
    Im not sure where you read that, everything Ive had has been pretty positive. Im sure the final production software will be pretty snappy
    11-13-08 12:45 AM
    Yup....Verizon Touch pro is apperantllty a very weak watered down/crippled version compared to ATT/Sprint. I wouldn't touch it! Espically at $419 with a 2 year!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-13-08 12:48 AM
    **** that lol.... and yah the guy who said hes been reading the touchscreen is not good needs to stop going to BG .COM OR APPLE .COM to read reviews on the storm lol...
    11-13-08 12:59 AM
    It's $419 not including the $70 MIR, so the price comes down to $350. Regardless, that is a big strike against the Touch Pro.

I remember reading about the screen lag on crackberry.com, but the threads were links to other sites. I think bg was one of them.
    11-13-08 12:59 AM
    I think Im in a good position to give you an unbiased answer, although I am a crackberry addict.

I have long been a huge fan of WinMo and have had several WinMo devices with Verizon/Sprint including 700wx, xv6800 and Touch Diamond among them. I also have been using a BB Pearl for a year.

I have always loved WinMo for its collection of apps (over 16,000), its customizability, html email, and it similarity to using a desktop. Pretty much the biggest negative to me for WinMo has been its dependability and its stability. Let me explain each, in regards to the stability, WinMo has been known to freeze up, and crash randomly and sometimes constantly. It doesnt matter the handset manufacturer or the WinMo version, all are susceptible to freezes and occasional lockups. Most of the time you have to do a soft reset. The dependability comes with not getting alerted either by vibe or sound when you get new messages, the phone not waking up when you get a call or message, locking up mid call and some other various oddities. This makes it not dependable. Another knock on WinMo devices are the hardware. Palm makes the most reliable WinMo hardware in my opinion. HTCs hardware is known to be not as solid or long lasting. Lastly, BATTERY LIFE. Especially the newer WinMo devices. You cant make it through an entire day of fully using any WinMo device nowadays, especially the Treo 800w and Touch Diamond. How does all this relate to the Touch Pro you asked about, well all of it applies to it, especially battery life and the stability/dependability. Please read on HoFo about all the issues TP users are having.

Now on to BB's. BBs strengths are first its OS stability,it just works. I think the hardware is rock solid as you can bounce your BB on concrete, toss it around, put it in your pocket with keys and just be generally reckless with it and it will still work 100% and not be broken (Ive done all the above and it has just a few scratches to show for it). When it comes to messaging BB's are king. They handle email, text and mms better than WinMo. Also BB's have tremendous battery life. The biggest knock on BB's are its lack of customizability, save for themes and its limited number of apps (in relation to WinMo).

All of the above is true for the Storm except heres where the Storm differs a little bit. RIM is moving towards being more open for apps since they have decided to have a carrier specific and regular app store and are pushing developers to create new apps for it. I think with the Storm we will the reliability of BB but with a new future for expanding its capability through apps and hopefully just a little more in the way of customization.
    11-13-08 07:21 AM
    Well put! You summed it up nicelly!
    11-13-08 08:17 AM
    Touch Pro FTW!!!

Of course, I have only played with BB's and never owned one, but I do enjoy my TP and the few times that I have played with my brother's or sister's BB Pearl, I can't stand that they look exactly the same....no customization. I do agree that the battery life and stability are a downfall, though they are greatly improved by flashing a custom ROM by some of the great developers over at PPCGeeks and XDA. I love my Touch Pro and WinMo.
    11-26-08 12:58 PM
    Before I started getting interested in the Blackberry Storm I initially wanted a HTC Touch Pro. I have previously owned two WinMo phones and I really liked some of the apps, plus the native sync between Outlook and WinMo.

Once I read about the storm and saw all of the features I knew I could give up the couple of apps that I enjoyed for WinMo. Also, the price of the HTC Touch pro is OUTRAGEOUS.. I mean seriously?? What about the Samsung Saga, it has all the features of the Touch Pro and is much cheaper.

Seeing as this is my first Blackberry I don't have much XP with them but I love how I get my emails on my BB before they even pop up on my laptop sitting right infront of me and Outlook checks VERY regularly...
    11-26-08 01:19 PM
    Touch Pro FTW!!!

Of course, I have only played with BB's and never owned one, but I do enjoy my TP and the few times that I have played with my brother's or sister's BB Pearl, I can't stand that they look exactly the same....no customization. I do agree that the battery life and stability are a downfall, though they are greatly improved by flashing a custom ROM by some of the great developers over at PPCGeeks and XDA. I love my Touch Pro and WinMo.
    There are custom roms for the tpro already? Nice. I remember a custom rom making my xv6700 actually nice to use after I had abandoned it.

I think the storm vs phone X debate will usually come down to messaging. If you can meet your messaging needs with phone X, I don't know what else the storm gives you that makes it a clear winner over phone X.
    11-26-08 01:26 PM
    There are custom roms for the tpro already? Nice. I remember a custom rom making my xv6700 actually nice to use after I had abandoned it.

I think the storm vs phone X debate will usually come down to messaging. If you can meet your messaging needs with phone X, I don't know what else the storm gives you that makes it a clear winner over phone X.

I bought my Touch Pro the day Best Buy started selling them. As far as the price goes, it wasn't really that bad. I paid $245 by with a new 2-yr contract and BB's reward zone discount. I think there were a couple custom ROM's out about a week or so after that.

I am not here to argue that my WinMo is better that your BB, to each his own.
    11-26-08 09:26 PM
    Too bad Verizon has no idea of how BB works. I get countless truncates messages, can't see man vidoes, many attachments won't download etc..ANyone got a fix? I am NOT a corparate(BES0 user Just an individual..WHO HANLDES IT POLICY RULES under my scenerio ?/??????
    10-19-09 11:11 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD