And the Storm wins!!! HaHa!! So I happened to forget my Storm was in my back pocket... which I rarely ever put it there... So my phone gets completely submerged and I pull it out real quick (I wasn't just going to leave it!). I just pulled out the battery and sim card and let the pieces dry out. Well, later that night the phone would turn on, but the screen and buttons didn't work. The next day I realized I was receiving messages and calls, but again, the buttons still didn't work. So I put in a claim through my insurance. The second day after drying out... SHE TOTOALLY WORKED!!! Of course I still got the new phone though! 50 bucks and a brand new BB Storm... can't beat that!
    05-19-09 08:50 PM
    Haha nice hearing everything is set for you
    05-19-09 09:13 PM
    Did you get all the feces out from behind the screen?
    05-19-09 09:14 PM
    thats kinda funny, my friend lisa did the same thing on friday. same exact thing, forgot she had her phone in her back pocket and splash... i threw it in some rice and in the sun for a few hours and it works fine... she is up for a new one in a month anyway, so either way... glad yours worked out..
    05-19-09 09:15 PM
    Hmm.. Congrats that you got our phone working again. Congrats x2 on your new Storm.

I have a back pocket story. One time, I went out with some friends and at one point, I put my Curve (this was a while back) in my back pocket and basically forgot about it. Well, I realized that it was "missing." Lol, so me and my friends are running around checking and calling everywhere we went, asking people if they've seen it... We even tried calling the phone multiple times. ... Well, my pants were baggy and the phone was on vibrate so I couldn't even feel it buzzing around. Then later, I randomly put my hand in my back pocket and I what did I find? My Curve. Everyone wanted to kill me.
    05-19-09 09:22 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out how it jumps from your back pocket to the toilet...
    05-19-09 09:40 PM
    I'm still trying to figure out how it jumps from your back pocket to the toilet...
    haha good point...
    05-19-09 09:42 PM
    Pull down pants and the pocket hits the toilet seat...least for guys......I'm surprised anything falls out of a girl's pocket since they're usually so tight....course 2 of my ex's have killed phones this way so who knows.
    05-19-09 09:56 PM
    Pull down pants and the pocket hits the toilet seat...least for guys......I'm surprised anything falls out of a girl's pocket since they're usually so tight....course 2 of my ex's have killed phones this way so who knows.
    But the pockets are smaller, too... so the phone doesn't fit in them all the way. When you pull your pants down, it pushes the phone right out of the pocket!
    05-19-09 10:13 PM
    But the pockets are smaller, too... so the phone doesn't fit in them all the way. When you pull your pants down, it pushes the phone right out of the pocket!
    So maybe, OP wears women's jeans?

J/k.
    05-19-09 10:15 PM
    So maybe, OP wears women's jeans?

J/k.

OP's name is cherryzgrl. I hope she's wearing women's jeans.
    05-19-09 10:59 PM
    When I first met my wife, she had just gotten a replacement phone for the same exact reason. As it turns out, cell phones and toilets often meet each other in this very same manner.
    05-19-09 11:11 PM
    Just curious what was the claim statement you made for the replacement?

If you filed the claim saying the phone got wet. You have to send it back.

If you filed the claim saying the phone was lost. You still should send it back IMO. since that ESN will be noted.

If you filed the claim saying the phone was damaged some how. You have to still send it back.

I would not trust a phone that was wet. Even though it may work now after a few days of drying out..... It may cause problems later down the road.
    05-19-09 11:22 PM
    A very strong fart perhaps?
    05-19-09 11:44 PM
    Glad it worked out for you! This same thing happened to my boss a few years back, but on an airplane! Gone forever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-20-09 12:18 AM
    Why do people put phones in their back pockets? Aren't you afraid they'll break when you sit down? I'm not a very big guy, but it would make me nervous.
    05-20-09 08:13 AM
    Hahaha nice

05-20-09 09:25 AM
    I was taking a leak with mine in the bb holster and my storm lost to the toilet lol. U r a very lucky person.
    05-20-09 09:49 AM
    Did you get all the feces out from behind the screen?
    Haha.maybe can pass off as a dust problem...
    05-20-09 09:58 AM
    Never did like Toilet water.....
    05-20-09 03:12 PM
    At last you have a new storm...that is the good news about your accident.
    05-21-09 07:23 AM
    I knocked mine off the counter and of course... right into the toilet! I've been fighting with it for two days so far! ARG!!! New one will be here Wed afternoon. My mem card works fine (tested in old bb) Only had it for two months and I go and do this!
    05-26-09 04:07 PM
    lucky lucky. thats y u gotta have the ins.
    05-26-09 04:16 PM
    ALL storms belong in the toilet. It's a GREAT looking yet POOR performing phone.
    05-26-09 07:09 PM
    That's your opinion.

My Storm works better than any touch screen I know of.

05-26-09 07:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD