i phone won.......bummer.

did a website neither of us had been to click it on google at same time and iphone beat me by almost 10 sec.
    01-09-09 06:19 PM
    Did you try Opera Mini on the Storm? It's sick fast!
    01-09-09 06:26 PM
    Cool, what did the iphone win?
    01-09-09 06:27 PM

did a website neither of us had been to click it on google at same time and iphone beat me by almost 10 sec.
    That's it�I'm going to throw this piece of junk away now that it has been scientifically proven to be inferior to the iPhone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 06:28 PM
    Look at your calender then go back to the browser and see who wins. Iphone can't multi task.
    01-09-09 06:29 PM
    Was the iPhone on Wi-Fi? 1G or 3G?

It really doesn't matter though. I work at a trendy corporate environment in Los Angeles, so my co-workers have a lot of different smartphones. The week after I got my Storm, I would "race" them similar to what you did by loading up sites neither of us had been to. If the phones had Wi-Fi capabilities, I'd ask that they disable it first. The Storm is by far the SLOWEST.
    01-09-09 06:38 PM
    Seriously you need a rematch with Opera Mini! Full version of this page, not wap, loads crazy fast...it's ridiculous! Kinda putting the wifi on my ipod touch to shame *gasps*

I was really kinda bummed about the browser on the Storm being a little laggy until trying OM...now the phone is truly the perfect device imo!
    01-09-09 06:39 PM
    This is so dependent on your signal, where you are, and what site you are loading. Event time could be a factor...if you try the same test tomorrow in the same place the results may be different. Where I am (at home) the Storm can outperform the iPhone on 3G load times, and this area has terrible VZW coverage so I get lower signal strength with the Storm. Strangely I can go out to a podunk town in Eastern WA and my speeds are easily double what I get here in Seattle. But yeah, the browser that comes with the Storm isn't the speediest either.
    Last edited by ChuckH0308; 01-09-09 at 06:44 PM. Reason: add-on
    01-09-09 06:44 PM
    Did you try Opera Mini on the Storm? It's sick fast!
    Yo, opera mini is super fast on my storm.

01-09-09 06:46 PM
    Cool, what did the iphone win?
    thats funny!
    01-09-09 06:52 PM
    Seriously you need a rematch with Opera Mini! Full version of this page, not wap, loads crazy fast...it's ridiculous! Kinda putting the wifi on my ipod touch to shame *gasps*

I was really kinda bummed about the browser on the Storm being a little laggy until trying OM...now the phone is truly the perfect device imo!
    where do you get opera mini. this site?
    01-09-09 06:55 PM
    That's funny, because I raced a friend of mine who has an Iphone, and by the time I was done loading the page, he was only 25% finished.

The Storm kills the IPhone.
    01-09-09 07:08 PM
    Yeah... I have both phones... the only time my wife's iPhone can keep up to my Storm is at home on WiFi. And even then it's not a blowout.
    01-09-09 07:50 PM
    With .85 my stom browser. Is super fast. Iphone is faster with WiFI

01-09-09 08:33 PM
    There is a comparison on Youtube by phonedog.com that showed the Storm to be much faster than the iPhone when browsing.
    01-09-09 09:51 PM

If the iphone almost beat u by 10 sec. That's sad cuz I'm on uscc and have a curve and only have 1X not even evdo. And it does not take me 10 sec to load up a page so I don't see how that is possible. Really want a storm thow hope uscc get's it some day u guys are lucky

01-09-09 11:25 PM
    What I've realized is that the iPhone does a lot of piece by piece loading. Whereas the Storm browser waits for the whole page to load then it displays it. (if that makes sense) Even on my iPod Touch, I think its a Safari thing. Sometimes if your in a rush and know your way around the page it helps but the Storm browser still beats.
    01-10-09 01:57 AM
    What I've realized is that the iPhone does a lot of piece by piece loading. Whereas the Storm browser waits for the whole page to load then it displays it. (if that makes sense) Even on my iPod Touch, I think its a Safari thing. Sometimes if your in a rush and know your way around the page it helps but the Storm browser still beats.
    I noticed that too. It does that on a lot of smart phones too, BB seems to wait to load everything, IMO better.
    01-10-09 02:12 AM
    opera mini si AWESOME
    01-10-09 01:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD