I was thinking of an iPhone, didn't know about the Storm until last Wed when I went to a Verizon store and was told the Storm would cost me less than $32!

$250 - $100 (Vzw NE2) - $50 rebate (mail/in-store) - $68.29 ($50 until 11/30 + $18.29 LG8300 flipswap tradein) = $31.71

The $79/month VZW voice/data plan is unlimited data, AT&T is not. Storm can add memory to it's 8GB by SD card and has removable battery, iPhone doesn't. Verizon seperates voice and data networks, AT&T doesn't (per Verizon.. Should we care?)Oops, no WiFi on Storm. (I may want to sit in Starbucks, McD's, etc. one I have one...)

Other than Blackberry, who is going to pay $68.29 for an old LG8300?

I'm more interested in web browsing vs.fun cool apps, surely Storm will have these apps later on.

Any reason I shouldn't buy a Storm? (I know it's new, has some bugs, etc.). Since I can't get one until 12/15 or later, I can research more. I've played with iPhone in Apple store. Yes it's cool but if Storm is similar for $32, why not?

Tx!
    Last edited by JusRelax6; 11-22-08 at 01:41 PM.
    11-22-08 12:53 PM
    I was thinking of an iPhone, didn't know about the Storm until last Wed when I went to a Verizon store and was told the Storm would cost me less than $32!

$250 - $100 (Vzw NE2) - $50 rebate (mail/in-store) - $68.29 (LG8300 flipswap tradein) = $31.71

The $79/month VZW voice/data plan is unlimited data, AT&T is not. Storm can add memory to it's 8GB by SD card and has removable battery, iPhone doesn't. Verizon seperates voice and data networks, AT&T doesn't (per Verizon.. Do we care?)

I'm most interested in web browsing vs. cool apps, surely Storm will have more later on.

Any reason I shouldn't buy a Storm? (I know it's new, has some bugs, etc.). Since I can't get one until 12/15 or later, I can research more.

Tx!
    Go try one before you buy it.
    11-22-08 01:11 PM
    OH MY GOD, a WHOPPING 32 Dollars, you can....go to mcdonalds....and buy 32 burgers...damn...feed the family for weeks. what a deal. anywho just busting your balls.

Its up to you. The iphone and storm are completely different, the only thing they have in common are they are touch screen smartphones. smartphones more or less do the same thing its just a matter of how they do it.

If you don't like the SurePress, get the iphone. If you like it, get the storm.
    If you have a mac, id recommend the iphone, if u don't care, get the storm.
    If your looking for an awesome web browsing experience, get the iphone as its more geared towards people who want something cool as opposed to something extremely functional within the corporate structure
    If you want a media player, both are awesome, so but i feel iphone has the edge in organization
    If you want great service, get the storm, if you want ****ty 3G service, get the iphone
    11-22-08 01:16 PM

$250 - $100 (Vzw NE2) - $50 rebate (mail/in-store) - $68.29 (LG8300 flipswap tradein) = $31.71

The $79/month VZW voice/data plan is unlimited data, AT&T is not. Storm can add memory to it's 8GB by SD card and has removable battery, iPhone doesn't. Verizon seperates voice and data networks, AT&T doesn't (per Verizon.. Do we care?)

I'm most interested in web browsing vs. cool apps, surely Storm will have more later on.

Any reason I shouldn't buy a Storm? (I know it's new, has some bugs, etc.). Since I can't get one until 12/15 or later, I can research more.

Tx!
    just so you know until the end of the month, you get an extra $50 with the trade in program if you type in GRADUATE as the promo code.
    11-22-08 01:25 PM
    Try both before you buy. Based on what's important to you: web browsing and cool aps--I'm going to guess that you'd be happier with the iPhone. It has the better browser, it has wifi (when ATT fails--count on it), and it definitely has the cooler aps, and will have for many months to come.

Yes, I prefer Blackberry. Yes, where I live I cannot tolerate ATT. I'm only suggesting this based on what you said is most important.

If price, email, comm, taking videos, sending MMS, editing documents, etc are important, then the Storm might be a better choice.

Still, as has been said--it is most important that you try both. You have a few weeks to decide.
    11-22-08 01:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD