So me and JamesBecker were curious about picture quality and which had the better camera. While both had their strengths I'll let you decide for yourself. The pic on top is from my brothers iPhone which captures color more accurately than the Storm. But the Storm tends to have a better overall focus of the area.

So I did a retake with the door open as I was shooting with the door closed at the time and made a difference. Thanks to anubus84.

Here are some more the first from the Iphone, the second from the Storm.

Last edited by FUSIBLE; 12-17-08 at 04:26 PM.
    12-17-08 04:07 PM
    Iphone's pics look better IMO. AH nvm i didn't see the new updated pics he posted.. Blackberry FTW
    Last edited by Tdubby; 12-17-08 at 04:36 PM.
    12-17-08 04:08 PM
    yeah, they look really washed out on the storm. wonder if a software update can compensate for that.
    12-17-08 04:10 PM
    Agreed, but take a pic at night with the Iphone. No flash! WTF?
    12-17-08 04:10 PM
    FUSIBLE, what was the white balance set to on the BB?
    12-17-08 04:11 PM
    Iphone's pics look better IMO.
    The colors definitely pop out more at you. But focus is far superior on Storm.
    12-17-08 04:12 PM
    FUSIBLE, what was the white balance set to on the BB?
    I have at default, but let me check it.
    12-17-08 04:12 PM
    That 2nd shot of the bar-code is pretty damn nice if you ask me. The iPhone doesn't even come close.

Good question about the White balance. Try taking that same photo with the White Balance adjusted to Sunny, Cloudy, and Night and see what happens.
    12-17-08 04:15 PM
    Yep, the IPhone pics look much better.
    12-17-08 04:15 PM
    honetly, the first pic looks better on the storm because it seems like there is to much BLUE with the iphone pic. And the second pic, well, storms pic is clearer so you have my vote. Were talking about Blackberry vs Apple here. C mon, you should know who has the better
    12-17-08 04:16 PM
    it looks like both of you were standing behind glass, if not, ignore this. could have been distortion on the storm from sun light hitting the glass from a certain angle, but not affecting the iphone as much because it looks more head on into the glass than the angle with the storm. glare sucks btw.
    12-17-08 04:16 PM
    Yep, the IPhone pics look much better.
    You can't be serious, especially with the second set of pics with the barcodes. The first blurry pic is from the iPhone, the second from The Storm.
    12-17-08 04:19 PM
    i bet you could change th color settings on the storm. also second pic is better.
    12-17-08 04:22 PM
    The bridge pic no contest - iphone
    Second pic I don't think i need to say anything.
    12-17-08 04:27 PM
    it looks like both of you were standing behind glass, if not, ignore this. could have been distortion on the storm from sun light hitting the glass from a certain angle, but not affecting the iphone as much because it looks more head on into the glass than the angle with the storm. glare sucks btw.
    I added another pic^ without the door been closed with the Storm as my brother took his with the door open. Storms colors seem more natural.
    12-17-08 04:28 PM
    I got to say I like the Iphone pics better.
    12-17-08 04:30 PM
    I have to disagree with a couple people. While the Storm picture is a bit washed out, it's not THAT washed out. It actually looks very natural for the most part. The iPhone picture goes way off to the opposite extreme and is too dark and WAYYYYY too blue. In other words, while neither is perfect, the Storm picture is much closer in color to what a regular digital camera would produce. And there's no doubt that the autofocus on the Storm is a valuable asset.

However, if your target is moving then you better use an iPhone!

This is a picture I took with the Storm of a leaking A/C hose in my car. The Storm seems to excel at these types of photos.

12-17-08 04:30 PM
    I got to say I like the Iphone pics better.
    So I guess you like blurry pics. "Somebody get this man some glasses please"
    12-17-08 04:34 PM
    I have to disagree with a couple people. While the Storm picture is a bit washed out, it's not THAT washed out. It actually looks very natural for the most part. The iPhone picture goes way off to the opposite extreme and is too dark and WAYYYYY too blue. In other words, while neither is perfect, the Storm picture is much closer in color to what a regular digital camera would produce. And there's no doubt that the autofocus on the Storm is a valuable asset.

However, if your target is moving then you better use an iPhone!

This is a picture I took with the Storm of a leaking A/C hose in my car. The Storm seems to excel at these types of photos.
    I'm really surprised by the focus of this camera as I have never used it til today when it came up on another thread and I investigated with my brothers iPhone.
    12-17-08 04:35 PM
    The other thing people need to realize (especially about the iPhone's camera) since it doesn't autofocus, there's a minimum focal length that you must respect. What does this mean in simple terms? Back the frack up when you take a pic of something up close. It can't focus on a subject if you're "too close", ya know.

Not that I'm defending the iPhone or nothing, but I'm really getting tired of seeing blurry pics because people don't comprehend that you can't be all up on that mug.
    12-17-08 04:36 PM
    the people saying the iphone pics look better, should be banned from giving there opinion, on everything, EVER.

the first set the iphone SEEMS to have better color, but it looks like its blue washed...

were the storm pic you can see much more detail, expecially the trees and the other dark areas.

the second pic you dont even need to judge, the iphone has no focus at all.
    12-17-08 04:41 PM
    The other thing people need to realize (especially about the iPhone's camera) since it doesn't autofocus, there's a minimum focal length that you must respect. What does this mean in simple terms? Back the frack up when you take a pic of something up close. It can't focus on a subject if you're "too close", ya know.

Not that I'm defending the iPhone or nothing, but I'm really getting tired of seeing blurry pics because people don't comprehend that you can't be all up on that mug.
    right therefor iphone sucks for up close stuff compared to storm. its a fair test.
    12-17-08 04:41 PM
    right therefor iphone sucks for up close stuff compared to storm. its a fair test.
    So Storm has better camera. Also more of a comparison of both cameras abilities.
    Last edited by FUSIBLE; 12-17-08 at 04:48 PM.
    12-17-08 04:43 PM
    the people saying the iphone pics look better, should be banned from giving there opinion, on everything, EVER.

the first set the iphone SEEMS to have better color, but it looks like its blue washed...

were the storm pic you can see much more detail, expecially the trees and the other dark areas.

the second pic you dont even need to judge, the iphone has no focus at all.
    Yes somebody needs glasses.
    12-17-08 05:37 PM
    The bar code pic is an anomoly, it's clearly the product of terrible photography (J/K, kinda). Even those who are on the storm side have to admit that there is certainly not the difference that you would expect between a 3.2 mp camera with zoom and autofocus and a 2mp camera w/out
    12-17-08 06:08 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD