My storm has 1 GIG of internal storage. You might want to return yours...
    You must have the early beta Storm for next year because you don't have anything close to 1gig of app space.
    02-25-09 05:55 PM
    You must have the early beta Storm for next year because you don't have anything close to 1gig of app space.

ROFLMFAO!! He probably thinks that his 500gb hard drive actually gives him 500 gigs of available space. And that's his 4gig memory card has 4 gigs of available space. God I love it with the clueless chime in. And he calls himself a Ninja. Etch A Sketch Ninja maybe...

FYI: "Ninja". You should check the "available" application memory on your Storm.. but only if you want to have a good, long cry.
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 02-25-09 at 06:13 PM.
    02-25-09 06:06 PM
    it sounds stupid.
    Agreed. Stupid and biased. Especially when not backed up with any reasoning. A post like "Storm rules" reeks of laziness trying to up ones post count... Quantity over quality..
    02-25-09 06:08 PM
    Another iphone/storm bullsh*t debate...why do we still even bother with this stuff..geezzzzzz
    It's something to do when Battlestar Galactica is not on...

However, I really think that we should stop the bickering and start supporting each other. Being primarily touch screen devices, we have a lot of haters out there from the Hardware Keyboard Club who'd be happy if a fully touchscreen devices just went away. We are getting picked on by those who lack the coordination and basic motor skills to master a touch device.
    02-25-09 06:13 PM
    Agreed. Stupid and biased. Especially when not backed up with any reasoning. A post like "Storm rules" reeks of laziness trying to up ones post count... Quantity over quality..
    Good thing we have policing members to ensure all posts are up to the highest standard

Don't like that talk? Don't frequent a BlackBerry forum.

02-25-09 06:14 PM
    A Real Phone U Cant Send Pictures And Foward Messages ..only Thing Bout The Iphone Thats Good The Touchscreen Is Smoother
    02-25-09 06:26 PM
    Very true. iPhone still has a while to go in the business world.
    Sorry but that's a short sited statement. Which "business" world are you talking about? I would agree if you are talking about a business who's mobile email model revolves around BES servers. Banking suit and ties, sure. But you are only talking about one kind of business. Not everyone works for that type of company.

There are thousands of large, medium, and small businesses in this country that are not tied to a BES and don't care to be. I work for a medium sized bank and we are actually planning on phasing out the BES environment due to the extra maintenance and cost of using them. We are having no issues using the Exchange platform. This isn't just an iPhone argument either. Using Exchange allows our end users the ability to use WimMo and Symbian, and even future Android devices too.

In my business, and many others, the iPhone is a great business device and. But you have to keep in mind that not every business is a bank, wall street, or any other stereotyped "business man" persona. So don't clump all business users into one group.
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 02-25-09 at 06:31 PM.
    02-25-09 06:27 PM
    A Real Phone U Cant Send Pictures And Foward Messages ..only Thing Bout The Iphone Thats Good The Touchscreen Is Smoother
    I send pictures and forward messages all day long and don't pay a penny extra to do it. Try again.
    02-25-09 06:28 PM
    iPhone is a toy. Blackberry Storm is my Blackberry. End of story.

And, AT&T "3g" speed where and if available isn't as fast as VZW's. VZW is planning to hit 4G already. I know AT&T is too, but VZW will before.

Anyways, VZW is covered mostly anywhere, even inside the closet for the iPhone owners.
    sorry to disapoint you but ATT has the fastest 3G network in the US...add to that it can transit voice and data simultaneously while VZW cannot
    i dont know where you are getting that "stuff" you're posting from but i thought i might help you get your facts straight
    02-25-09 06:34 PM
    Good thing we have policing members to ensure all posts are up to the highest standard

Don't like that talk? Don't frequent a BlackBerry forum.

I suppose it's okay to have an opinion about the quality of a post even if you aren't the forum "police". I visit these forums because I own two BB device, and manage our corporate BES servers. I think that entitles me to discuss opinions both ways. Even if you don't like them.

I don't hate on RIM here because I do respect that this is a BB forum. Too bad so many of the BB users don't follow the same principal when visiting the iPhone section of this site.
    02-25-09 06:36 PM
    sorry to disapoint you but ATT has the fastest 3G network in the US...add to that it can transit voice and data simultaneously while VZW cannot
    i dont know where you are getting that "stuff" you're posting from but i thought i might help you get your facts straight
    Also, AT&T can basically flip a switch and update their existing 3G to over 7mbps without any upgrades. I wish they would. EVDO Rev A has hit it's max and that's why VZW is rushing to get LTE launched. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are, but I hope they get less stingy with their data. What's the point in LTE if the aren't going to let you have all you can eat and chop your legs off for using your Slingplayer.
    02-25-09 06:40 PM
    Sorry but that's a short sited statement. Which "business" world are you talking about? I would agree if you are talking about a business who's mobile email model revolves around BES servers. Banking suit and ties, sure. But you are only talking about one kind of business. Not everyone works for that type of company.

There are thousands of large, medium, and small businesses in this country that are not tied to a BES and don't care to be. I work for a medium sized bank and we are actually planning on phasing out the BES environment due to the extra maintenance and cost of using them. We are having no issues using the Exchange platform. This isn't just an iPhone argument either. Using Exchange allows our end users the ability to use WimMo and Symbian, and even future Android devices too.

In my business, and many others, the iPhone is a great business device and. But you have to keep in mind that not every business is a bank, wall street, or any other stereotyped "business man" persona. So don't clump all business users into one group.
    The BES is a rip off, ~$100 per user, requires M$ SQL 2005, for what? To apply a web proxy, restrict applications? no thanks. The iPhone syncs calender and contacts and can be remotley wiped, no need for BES.
    02-25-09 06:43 PM
    ROFLMFAO!! He probably thinks that his 500gb hard drive actually gives him 500 gigs of available space. And that's his 4gig memory card has 4 gigs of available space. God I love it with the clueless chime in. And he calls himself a Ninja. Etch A Sketch Ninja maybe...

FYI: "Ninja". You should check the "available" application memory on your Storm.. but only if you want to have a good, long cry.
    Calm down... I believe it's a simple misunderstanding.

It seems as if the member is referring to the App Memory... This isn't the amount of space you have to store the physical apps, it is used when apps are running. If your running 10 apps, your app memory will go down, close 5 and it will go back up. The phone does have have 1 gig of internal memory for the physical storage of anything the phone may use.

It's essentially the "RAM" of the phone.
    02-25-09 06:44 PM
    Also, AT&T can basically flip a switch and update their existing 3G to over 7mbps without any upgrades. I wish they would. EVDO Rev A has hit it's max and that's why VZW is rushing to get LTE launched. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are, but I hope they get less stingy with their data. What's the point in LTE if the aren't going to let you have all you can eat and chop your legs off for using your Slingplayer.
    The current limitations are because of bandwidth issues. It's expected that 4g will not have as much of a problem if any. This is not something that is being "rushed". It's been in development/discussion since the roll-out of 3g.

While AT&T could easily upgrade their network to run faster, it's unlikely any of the modern phones would show any difference while web browsing. As currently the only reasoning why the storm seems "slow" is because it is taking time to render the page. While the iPhone has a superior browser, in its current form I don't believe it would be able to render things much faster than it already does.

Do a speed test... There was a recent crackberry post about it.
    02-25-09 06:49 PM
    .... While the iPhone has a superior browser, in its current form I don't believe it would be able to render things much faster than it already does.
    I have to disagree. Safari on my iPhone runs much faster on wifi than even the 3G. You can tell the difference. It won't keep up with my MBP, but by the time the higher speeds are available, we'll probably have some major hardware upgrades for the iPhone. But I get what your are saying. The reason wifi was left off of BB's for so long is because the processors they used wouldn't have rendered any faster than EDGE. Even the first wifi enabled BB's were a disappointment because of this.

People do need to keep in mind that the 4G really has a higher impact on air cards than devices. You are right Most of the current cell phone hardware can't keep up with the bandwidth we already have.

I think "rushed" was the wrong word but I do think they'd like to get a years head start on the competition, AT&T or Sprint, with 4G. I don't blame them for that and personally I hope they "rush" to get it out.
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 02-25-09 at 07:43 PM.
    02-25-09 07:35 PM
    I don't understand why are so many iPhone users frequent a Blackberry web site???????

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-25-09 09:22 PM
    They feel threatened.
    02-25-09 09:27 PM
    Do you know anything about unlocked STORMS? I have AT&T and am considering switching from iPhone to BB. How could you download apps (games,myspace,facebook..etc.) onto the STORM if you wont be downloading from VZW?
    02-25-09 09:33 PM
    I don't understand why are so many iPhone users frequent a Blackberry web site???????

Just curious on what's going on in the other camp. We are all phone fanatics here.
    02-25-09 09:35 PM
    They feel threatened.
    I guess that's the same answer for why so many BB users are in every iPhone forum on the web as well. Sword cuts both ways, don't it...?
    02-25-09 09:36 PM
    [QUOTE=katiedis;1780956]I don't think you should get a Storm if you have a Mac. I had a iPhone, went to the Storm when it came out, and am now back with iPhone as of a few weeks ago.

Long story short: Verizon Technical Support told me that they do NOT support Mac problems involving BB products. RIM then also told me they do not support Mac issues.

I had repeated problems with my syncing. My contacts and calendar items would be slightly corrupted continuously. But, the corrupt data would be subtle...not big crashes, more like little errors. For example, deleting one person's phone number. Or duplicating another contact entry. But, after 13 calls into Verizon and/or RIM, I finally agreed with them. Mac and RIM/BB just isn't well integrated yet. It may be one day...but not yet.

RIM technical support personnel don't even have Mac computers available for them to troubleshoot PocketMac sync issues while on the phone with you. They only use PC in the tech support system. So, that made it really difficult to troubleshoot.

I was a little surprised to hear Verizon tell me that they "never claimed to be Mac compatible". And, even more surprised when they put $$ where their mouth was and refunded my Storm purchase based on my problems. The Verizon supervisor said she was going to make sure that the CS/Tech support people who helped me previously are "educated to tell future callers that Mac is unsupported by RIM-Verizon technical support"

I have an imac and a storm, everything works fine you just need to learn how to bootcamp

02-25-09 10:16 PM
    The iPhone cannot receive picture messages or messages with attachments. I find this to be a huge hassle. tons of my friends have the iphone and anytime they want to send me a file or picture they need my email and vice versa, that just bugs me.
    02-25-09 10:23 PM
    [QUOTE=WhiteGold;1792150]
    I don't think you should get a Storm if you have a Mac. I had a iPhone, went to the Storm when it came out, and am now back with iPhone as of a few weeks ago.

Long story short: Verizon Technical Support told me that they do NOT support Mac problems involving BB products. RIM then also told me they do not support Mac issues.

I had repeated problems with my syncing. My contacts and calendar items would be slightly corrupted continuously. But, the corrupt data would be subtle...not big crashes, more like little errors. For example, deleting one person's phone number. Or duplicating another contact entry. But, after 13 calls into Verizon and/or RIM, I finally agreed with them. Mac and RIM/BB just isn't well integrated yet. It may be one day...but not yet.

RIM technical support personnel don't even have Mac computers available for them to troubleshoot PocketMac sync issues while on the phone with you. They only use PC in the tech support system. So, that made it really difficult to troubleshoot.

I was a little surprised to hear Verizon tell me that they "never claimed to be Mac compatible". And, even more surprised when they put $$ where their mouth was and refunded my Storm purchase based on my problems. The Verizon supervisor said she was going to make sure that the CS/Tech support people who helped me previously are "educated to tell future callers that Mac is unsupported by RIM-Verizon technical support"

I have an imac and a storm, everything works fine you just need to learn how to bootcamp

Even if you don't want to invest in a copy of Windows and Fusion, you can get a program called Crossover that will run Windows applications on a Mac without having a copy of Windows running either bootcamp or Fusion. It is very handy for when you run into Windows only software such as this.

Personally I never have an issue syncing anything with my BB but I use a BES and have yet to need to sync anything. I do everything OTA.
    02-25-09 10:24 PM
    The iPhone cannot receive picture messages or messages with attachments. I find this to be a huge hassle. tons of my friends have the iphone and anytime they want to send me a file or picture they need my email and vice versa, that just bugs me.
    Weak sauce! You and your friends have email enabled devices with you and it's a hassle to email a picture each other? Life is soooo hard on today's youth. Wow. Really. I can't see how emailing a pic is any harder, especially on the iPhone than MMS. This is a tiresome complaint and basically the same and continuing to complain about the lack of wifi on the Storm.

Sorry but I think MMS is for dumb phones with no QWERTY keyboard and no real email client. That's why I get tired of the complaint that even cheap flip phones have MMS. Well yeah they have MMS. Most DON'T have an easy way to compose, send, receive and read REAL email.
    Last edited by Evilhomer; 02-25-09 at 10:34 PM.
    02-25-09 10:29 PM
    Do you know anything about unlocked STORMS? I have AT&T and am considering switching from iPhone to BB. How could you download apps (games,myspace,facebook..etc.) onto the STORM if you wont be downloading from VZW?
    Apps are not distributed by Verizon, you'd be able to download them just like any other user already does. Either by visiting the OTA (over the air) website and download it directly to the phone or using the blackberry desktop manager. It is fairly easy to unlock the storm, just search the forums.
    02-25-09 10:45 PM
105 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD