Yes it is... However when it comes to enterprise integration the BlackBerry wins, hands down. iPhone is trying to play catch up when it comes to that end of the spectrum.
    I have to agree with garz, and disagree with that statement.

the iphone has FULL exchange activesync integration with full push e-mail and global directory lookup and all the features of the microsoft feature and security pack.

i actually prefer activesync because i dont need to buy a BES and dont need to rely on rim's servers/networks. they go down, i go down.
    02-25-09 04:05 AM
    Why don't you blackberry nerds get it???

I hate these threads because they have incorrect information ("iphone is a toy") and are so ridiculous

The iphone is EXCELLENT at what it does (web browsing, media, apps, artistic simplicity). And those features are MUCH better than the storm (i'd use the webkit browser, smooth browsing, smoot scrolling any day).

The storm can do more (better email-although i can wait 15 mins for my email, multi task-which is probably the strongest part) but honestly, what does it do real WELL? Thats my biggest gripe and why many people criticize the storm?

The iphone is built to be touch screen whereas the storm feels awkward until recently with the new OS updates but why cant you just understand that the iphone is such a great phone and the storm is just a different device?
    02-25-09 05:52 AM
    iPhone on Verizon? Then we can have this debate. I'm not switching to AT&T.
    02-25-09 06:45 AM
    I think the carrier would help me decide. I had att here and would never go back, so Being on Verizon makes my choice easy. Not nearly as simple a choice for some, but I could never leave verizon.
    02-25-09 06:56 AM
    I am not sure what the name of the program is but I saw a program at Best Buy that allows you to run windows inside of the apple OS. I think it was 50 dollars. Sitting in the rack next to the apple display. Has anyone that has a mac tried that program. I know i would to be able to hold on to the more dependable carrier.
    Yes I have a mac and this program it works great I use it to make pages on ebay because with a mac OS you cannot change the font or color or anything on an ebay page. I'm not sure how well it works with blackberry desktop manager but I would imagine it works fine.

Storm Pros:
    Able to DL apps, games, themes, beta os from online.
    8GB memory card

Iphone Pros:
    Play more than one sound at once. (can anyone explain this? I know storm plays songs which play more than one sound at once so i don't quite understand this. Is a song considered "one sound".)
    1GB of app memory (not sure about this someone correct me if I'm wrong) to the storms 128MB.
    Last edited by marjama; 02-25-09 at 11:12 AM.
    02-25-09 11:06 AM
    Yes it is... However when it comes to enterprise integration the BlackBerry wins, hands down. iPhone is trying to play catch up when it comes to that end of the spectrum.
    Defintely NOT TRUE!

The iPhones Outlook Web Access is so good it negates the need for the costly BES server. The Blackberry can only sync your inbox without BES, the iPhone syncs inbox, contacts and calender, just like BES, without having to pay ~$100 a license. Plus the remote wipe functionality is also avaliable for iPhone.

The iPhone has a great Cisco VPN, PPTP, and L2TP client, none available for the Storm.

The iPhone App store has thousands of great business apps, everyone is developing for the iPhone. The BB Application center has ~10 apps in it.

We just deployed MIMVista at my work and it is incredible! The Storm is not even in the ballpark in this regard.
    Last edited by RCCollins; 02-25-09 at 11:55 AM.
    02-25-09 11:25 AM
    Very true. iPhone still has a while to go in the business world.
    02-25-09 11:33 AM
    Very true. iPhone still has a while to go in the business world.
    Please explain, I just pointed out two huge short comings of the Storm in enterprise that the iPhone is head and shoulders ahead. What are you talking about?
    02-25-09 11:39 AM
    You are a tool. So much for the comment from pkcable about it being an unbiased and objective thread.

Your comments also point to you being uneducated and a homophobe. Uneducated because you say that AT&T's 3G isn't as fast and VZW's. AT&T's HSDPA network is actually faster but not by much. I have both the iPhone, Storm, and Bold and both the iPhone and Bold are faster than the Storm. Plus the iPhone has a better browser. Even if the iPhone were slower, I'd rather use it for surfing than the BB browser. The Storms is improved over the Bold, but still not a great experience. AT&T's 3G is not as wide spread, but it is faster. There's your opinion about it and then there is the science behind it. The science says HSDPA is faster than EVDO Rev A. Plus, you still cannot do voice and data functions at the same time on EVDO Rev A.

The iPhone is not a toy unless you want it as one. Then it is an excellent toy. But since RIM is working so hard to put "toys" on their devices as well; cameras; music and video players, crappy games but games none the less, I suppose there may be something to the who "toy" concept. The Storm is trying very hard to be a "toy". It just isn't quite there yet.

As far as your last comment, only a latent homosexual, in denial of his own sexuality, still makes gay jokes. Why don't YOU come out of the closet and stop the hate?
    Thats a little Harsh!!...lol
    02-25-09 11:48 AM
    iPhone has simultanous data and voice, something ive wished i had a couple times, but not enough to make me want to switch to att.

another thing, att's pricing isnt much different.

i priced up my plan with att and with vzw and its the same

$40 for 450 minutes, $30 data plan, insurance is the same, and the messaging plan(s) are almost the same.
    02-25-09 11:49 AM
    02-25-09 11:49 AM
    Defintely NOT TRUE!

The BB Application center has ~10 apps in it.

While no one is going to argue that the iphone is not superior in terms of apps, this is a misleading statement. The 'application center' as it currently exists only offers a small fraction of the total number of apps that are available for the storm - and is missing the best ones (slacker, google maps, poynt, weatherbug, ap mobile, garmin, etc).

The true application store hasn't launched yet, but is due in the spring. Again, Storm will probably never match iphone in terms of sheer number, variety, etc., but it will hardly be lacking in the apps department by the end of summer.
    02-25-09 11:52 AM
    The app center doesn't open until March.
    02-25-09 11:55 AM
    While no one is going to argue that the iphone is not superior in terms of apps, this is a misleading statement. The 'application center' as it currently exists only offers a small fraction of the total number of apps that are available for the storm - and is missing the best ones (slacker, google maps, poynt, weatherbug, ap mobile, garmin, etc).

The true application store hasn't launched yet, but is due in the spring. Again, Storm will probably never match iphone in terms of sheer number, variety, etc., but it will hardly be lacking in the apps department by the end of summer.
    Please tell me where a BB owner is going to store those apps? Since you can't store and run apps from the memory card, you only really have around 40 ~ 50mb of storage in main memory. Additionally, the Storm can barely run the core apps without constant freeze ups and batter pulls.

I've asked this question in many threads and have received no answer. BB may launch a great "App Store" but the real question is where you are going to put them? The only thing I can think of is that they are going to have to be very small programs and therefore, won't be very robust.

@theplayer: I don't think I was being harsh with a person that insinuates that anyone using an iPhone must be homosexual. I think the time for that kind of humor, and every other hate driven comments, has long passed. I also think we ought to stop hating on each other for the device we carry. I have both the iPhone and the Storm and both have a pros and cons. Where one is weak, the other excels. I think anyone choosing either of these devices has made a wise one, especially if they are happy with what they have.
    02-25-09 12:11 PM
    The iPhones Outlook Web Access is so good it negates the need for the costly BES server. The Blackberry can only sync your inbox without BES, the iPhone syncs inbox, contacts and calender, just like BES, without having to pay ~$100 a license. Plus the remote wipe functionality is also avaliable for iPhone.

This statement is wrong. My storm syncs everything also without a BES server. I think the storm is better as a business phone because of the BES server ability. However since it was launched later it will have to catch up in the apps department. I had an Itouch before and I actually thought about getting an Iphone but the functionality of the storm business wise and verizons network seem to be a better fit. The storm media wise does everything the Iphone does. I actually prefer the way music and movies are moved to the storm more than the Iphone. Once more apps are launched they are dead even.
    02-25-09 01:42 PM
    This statement is wrong. My storm syncs everything also without a BES server. I think the storm is better as a business phone because of the BES server ability. However since it was launched later it will have to catch up in the apps department. I had an Itouch before and I actually thought about getting an Iphone but the functionality of the storm business wise and verizons network seem to be a better fit. The storm media wise does everything the Iphone does. I actually prefer the way music and movies are moved to the storm more than the Iphone. Once more apps are launched they are dead even.
    Not to mention most of the apps aren't business oriented anyway.
    02-25-09 01:49 PM

This statement is wrong.
    Here is a link from RIMs forums that proves you wrong.
    BlackBerry Support Community Forums - Storm synch through OWA - Contacts/Calendars - BlackBerry 9500 Series Smartphone - BlackBerry Storm - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

In reality, the Storm will not sync up your calendar or contacts "Over the air" Extra software is required (BES) or desktop manager.

I think the storm is better as a business phone because of the BES server ability.
    So it is better for business because you have to buy the BES server to have the same functionality that comes with the iPhone for free. Makes a lot of sense!

However since it was launched later it will have to catch up in the apps department. I had an Itouch before and I actually thought about getting an Iphone but the functionality of the storm business wise and verizons network seem to be a better fit. The storm media wise does everything the Iphone does. I actually prefer the way music and movies are moved to the storm more than the Iphone. Once more apps are launched they are dead even.
    The blackberry app store is what is called in the hight tech industry Vaporware. It will not happen, not this spring, summer or fall.
    02-25-09 03:10 PM
    You are a tool. So much for the comment from pkcable about it being an unbiased and objective thread.

Your comments also point to you being uneducated and a homophobe. Uneducated because you say that AT&T's 3G isn't as fast and VZW's. AT&T's HSDPA network is actually faster but not by much. I have both the iPhone, Storm, and Bold and both the iPhone and Bold are faster than the Storm. Plus the iPhone has a better browser. Even if the iPhone were slower, I'd rather use it for surfing than the BB browser. The Storms is improved over the Bold, but still not a great experience. AT&T's 3G is not as wide spread, but it is faster. There's your opinion about it and then there is the science behind it. The science says HSDPA is faster than EVDO Rev A. Plus, you still cannot do voice and data functions at the same time on EVDO Rev A.

The iPhone is not a toy unless you want it as one. Then it is an excellent toy. But since RIM is working so hard to put "toys" on their devices as well; cameras; music and video players, crappy games but games none the less, I suppose there may be something to the who "toy" concept. The Storm is trying very hard to be a "toy". It just isn't quite there yet.

As far as your last comment, only a latent homosexual, in denial of his own sexuality, still makes gay jokes. Why don't YOU come out of the closet and stop the hate?
    This is a perfect example of a situation that warrants the highly overused "OWNED!" comment.

Testable evidence to counter all claims made.

Owned.
    02-25-09 03:21 PM
    sorry if this sounds bias but the iphone is weak compared to the storm
    02-25-09 04:19 PM
    It's biased.

But we are on Crackberry so we'll agree.
    02-25-09 04:21 PM
    I heard that anybody that uses iphones hate puppies & children. Sad.
    02-25-09 04:33 PM
    How so? My Storm as much as i love it is not half as smooth as my friends ipod frackin touch.
    02-25-09 04:38 PM
    Another iphone/storm bullsh*t debate...why do we still even bother with this stuff..geezzzzzz
    02-25-09 04:45 PM
    it sounds stupid.
    02-25-09 05:19 PM
    Please tell me where a BB owner is going to store those apps? Since you can't store and run apps from the memory card, you only really have around 40 ~ 50mb of storage in main memory. Additionally, the Storm can barely run the core apps without constant freeze ups and batter pulls.

I've asked this question in many threads and have received no answer. BB may launch a great "App Store" but the real question is where you are going to put them? The only thing I can think of is that they are going to have to be very small programs and therefore, won't be very robust.

@theplayer: I don't think I was being harsh with a person that insinuates that anyone using an iPhone must be homosexual. I think the time for that kind of humor, and every other hate driven comments, has long passed. I also think we ought to stop hating on each other for the device we carry. I have both the iPhone and the Storm and both have a pros and cons. Where one is weak, the other excels. I think anyone choosing either of these devices has made a wise one, especially if they are happy with what they have.
    My storm has 1 GIG of internal storage. You might want to return yours...
    02-25-09 05:43 PM
105 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD