So my friend has a bold. He's a manager at at&t and he has a bold. I asked if I could play with it. He dropped it in my hands and wow......that thing is huge! I went to a storm because I wanted to get rid of the track ball so I had to see what it was like. Small! For such a bulky phone it should have a bigger one. The keyboard is huge compared with the screen. Yah the overall performance is a little better than the storm but who care. Ill stick with my storm and leave the bold with big hand people

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-18-09 06:24 PM
    you know what they say about guys with big hands...
    01-18-09 06:36 PM
    Big Gloves!
    01-18-09 06:38 PM
    Bold is a much better phone. Once it comes to Verizon I think you'll see lots of Storms being returned.

01-18-09 06:44 PM
    Bold is a much better phone. Once it comes to Verizon I think you'll see lots of Storms being returned.

Concurred. It is head and shoulders a better phone in build quality and OS stability. If it does ever get here I'll be dumping my Storm for it.
    01-18-09 06:49 PM

If the Bold goes to Verizon, I may ditch mt Storm for on. It seems like a much better phone.

01-18-09 06:53 PM

they'll have to pry my storm out of my cold dead hands! at least until the new storm comes out. the bold is too big and clunky imo. to each their own.
    01-18-09 06:53 PM
    I thought about it before I got verison. But if it does come to version I wnt switch. Well maybe if they dnt release an official update for this thing

01-18-09 06:55 PM
    Concurred. It is head and shoulders a better phone in build quality and OS stability. If it does ever get here I'll be dumping my Storm for it.
    I know a lot people who returned the Bold for a Curve because they felt Bold was low quality. It felt good to me. But I'm keeping my Storm.
    01-18-09 06:56 PM
    I work for AT&T and have played with the bold a lot. It is not much bigger than the storm, it's actually a good size. It is MUCH faster and more productive than the storm. If they can get 4.7 to be as fast as the bold OS, this phone would be amazing. Also has sightly better, although much smaller, screen. Not sure if I would trade my storm in for it though.
    01-18-09 07:39 PM
    If any indication of quality ... did you see the photos of Paris Hilton with her Bold?

The Bold has a solid feel with a 'real' keyboard for business use; it is an entirely different type of phone from a Storm which is geared to the media users.

In New York City I have not seen any Storms on the street since users here like to have a full keyboard like a Curve or Bold.
    01-18-09 08:23 PM

I might or just wait will Verizon gets another exclusive blackberry that's NOT a touchscreen

01-18-09 08:37 PM
    By the time the Bold is out for Verizon, the Storm will have all of the glitches fixed.

Not only that, I can gurantee you that many who dump the Storm for the Bold will do so and then come back to the Storm. It's like when Iphone users went to another phone, they just had to come back to it. The Storm will have that affect.

My two cents for the day. My Storm is working great for me! Yeah, the battery pulls now and then are a pain but for the most part, all else is great. My browser is really cooking right now and I couldn't be more pleased. So yeah, I am pretty happy with it.
    01-18-09 08:57 PM
    If any indication of quality ... did you see the photos of Paris Hilton with her Bold?

The Bold has a solid feel with a 'real' keyboard for business use; it is an entirely different type of phone from a Storm which is geared to the media users.

In New York City I have not seen any Storms on the street since users here like to have a full keyboard like a Curve or Bold.
    Glad to see you speak for all New Yorkers.

Last edited by tomiwah; 01-18-09 at 09:54 PM.
    01-18-09 09:43 PM
    I live in good ol Noo Yawk City and I have seen quiet a few people rocking the storm and bold...And I gotta say each group is happy with her or her purchase....Different strokes for different folks
    01-18-09 09:48 PM
    I can't do the trackball again after the simple touch & click.
    01-18-09 09:50 PM
    I have both. The Bold is bigger than the Storm. Build quality feels the same to me. I like the soft rubber touch sides of the Storm better than the plastic bezel of my Bold. I prefer my Storm over my Bold, mainly because I like the bigger screen of the Storm. I've never had a huge issue with either phone, they're both fantastic.
    01-18-09 10:01 PM
    I will never go back to anything else but touchscreen. Keyboards drive me bananas.
    01-18-09 10:01 PM
    I will never go back to anything else but touchscreen. Keyboards drive me bananas.
    Doesn't your computer have a keyboard?
    01-18-09 10:30 PM
    I never really loved the Bold it's fast i give it that but i could never get used to the form factor. If the Storm ever gets as stable and a fast as the Bold its Storm FTW IMHO
    01-18-09 10:57 PM
    I got both the storm & bold. The Blackberry Bold ****s all over the storm. Anyone that thinks the storms key board is better then the bold is smoking crack backwards. I also got the Pearl flip and I'm really impressed by it.
    01-18-09 11:45 PM
    The bold is a little wider than the storm and just a hair taller, they're really almost the same size so stop the nonsense about the bold being huge

01-19-09 12:13 AM
    I work for AT&T and have played with the bold a lot. It is not much bigger than the storm, it's actually a good size. It is MUCH faster and more productive than the storm. If they can get 4.7 to be as fast as the bold OS, this phone would be amazing. Also has sightly better, although much smaller, screen. Not sure if I would trade my storm in for it though.
    You work for AT&T but have a Storm on Verizon? Interesting...
    01-19-09 12:55 AM
    Doesn't your computer have a keyboard?
    Nope, using the HP Touchscreen as well!
    01-19-09 12:58 AM
    I got both the storm & bold. The Blackberry Bold ****s all over the storm. Anyone that thinks the storms key board is better then the bold is smoking crack backwards. I also got the Pearl flip and I'm really impressed by it.
    LOL ... great 1st post!
    01-19-09 12:59 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD