With all the people on here having so much trouble with thier storms I decided to video a few minutes with me jumping between apps and such. I wanted to see if this is indicative of the performance others are seeing.

I am running .85 with very few issues. I actually think this phone is pretty darn good. I move around between apps with almost no delay.

In the last two years I have used the following devices;

Treo 700wx
    VZW XV6700
    Samsung i760
    VZW xv6800
    HTC Touch
    BB Curve
    Iphone 3g
    BB Bold
    BB Storm

the only reaon I list this is to show I know of what I speak. When I say the Storm is good, its from a direct comparison to other devices. I dont know if the majority of those having issues are first time BB users or first time smart phone users but if this video is close to what you are seing on your end then I dont know what to tell you.

By the way, I checked out an omnia yesterday and I was not impressed at all.

Anyway, check out the video. Its quality is pretty poor and I dont think you can hear me, but you can see how the device is working.

Last edited by garment69; 01-11-09 at 03:39 PM.
    01-11-09 03:05 PM
    yeah its running pretty good , same result i have.
    01-11-09 03:21 PM
    Anyway, check out the video. Its quality is pretty poor and I dont think you can hear me, but you can see how the device is working.

I'd like to make a suggestion to help improve your experience with the Storm interface. I noticed that you are fond of hitting Menu/Close almost in every window that you're in. I think you might just need a bit more time experimenting with a few things, but you don't have to do that in everything. For example, in Messages/Email Accounts/SMS & MMS, if you simply back out with the Escape key (not End, but the undo/back button), it will come out cleanly. The same thing holds true for the Media app. With a video playing you can back out with Esc and it'll close the video, then you can close everything else out with Esc as well, no need to hit Menu/Close. However, if you're playing a song, you will have to hit Menu/Close to close the Media Player, but that only applies to the Now Playing window, the others in Media Player can still be closed with Esc until you're back to the Home Screen. Only full apps require you to hit Menu/Close to close them out properly. Just experiment with the apps and see how they behave. You can keep track of what's running by holding down Menu until you get the Tasks Ribbon. Good luck... making these small changes will help speed up the interface a bit for you... trust me on this one.
    01-11-09 03:59 PM
    yeah its running pretty good , same result i have.
    second that.
    01-11-09 04:03 PM
    Thank you. I am aware of that. I was just trying to show that the device is responsive.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-09 04:04 PM
    I would be so jealous...

Except mine runs just as smoothly. I almost feel guilty for everyone else's poor experiences.

01-11-09 04:19 PM
    is it me or is your status light blinking blue?
    01-11-09 05:26 PM
    I got a little confused watching part of that video..I know flash and quicktime are not available on the storm, but can movie trailers and YouTube videos be watched on the storm using a different process? I think I would need to use the mobile version of the services is that correct? I have an 8830 at the moment and the only thing holding me back from the Storm is wanting video on these services..I've used the mobile version on CNN to view videos with the 8830 and that works fine..but no luck on YouTube...Sorry if im not in right thread, but that video got my attention.

thanks,
    Stever
    01-11-09 05:46 PM
    Yeah, mine runs that smooth on .75. I have a bunch of apps installed as well. Still waiting for an update to really show what this bad boy can do.
    01-11-09 05:50 PM
    I got a little confused watching part of that video..I know flash and quicktime are not available on the storm, but can movie trailers and YouTube videos be watched on the storm using a different process? I think I would need to use the mobile version of the services is that correct? I have an 8830 at the moment and the only thing holding me back from the Storm is wanting video on these services..I've used the mobile version on CNN to view videos with the 8830 and that works fine..but no luck on YouTube...Sorry if im not in right thread, but that video got my attention.

thanks,
    Stever
    You can go to the mobile youtube site.

m.youtube.com

So you don't have to install the program. Not as fancy looking, but it does the job fine.
    01-11-09 05:51 PM
    I was obviously using the you tube app. I think its pretty good although video quality is marginal at best.

01-11-09 06:15 PM
    You can go to the mobile youtube site.

m.youtube.com

So you don't have to install the program. Not as fancy looking, but it does the job fine.
    I tried m.youtube.com but says cannot render the video..works fine with CNN mobile though ..gess I'm still doing something wrong.

thanks,
    Stever
    01-11-09 06:19 PM
    looks about right. I'm sure some applephile will say that's horrificly slow, but it works for me
    01-11-09 06:35 PM
    soooooo [again] is it me or is his status light blinking blue?
    01-11-09 06:41 PM
    soooooo [again] is it me or is his status light blinking blue?
    My BT headset was connected.
    01-11-09 06:44 PM
    looks about right. I'm sure some applephile will say that's horrificly slow, but it works for me
    Thats what I am saying. Anybody who says that is horrifically slow is simply wrong. I am selling my 3g on ebay right now, last night I was doing some side by side comparo's. The storm is not slow.
    01-11-09 06:46 PM
    ahh got ya. damn. i got excited. haha. im getting tired of just red and green. i know theres apps but i dont feel like paying money and ive ready theyre not yet compatible with the storm
    01-11-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD