I bought my storm in HK and I believe the original carrier was Verizon.
    And now I am in China and having problems to get online with my storm. And after reading threads after threads now I am all confused (newbie sorry)

1. Is unlocking my phone will be the answer to get online?
    - vendors told me that the reason that I can't get online is becuz I am using a CDMA phone. But I learned from the threads that phones from Verizon are unlocked already.

2. Can I ask Verizon to give me an unlock code?
    If no, where can I have it unlocked? I googled it, and there are loads of websites have services like this. Are they capable of unlocking with my case?
    03-29-09 11:02 AM
    Storms aren't auromatically unlocked.

Verizon will be unlikely to provide unlock codes if you're not a Verizon subscriber however if you head over to Unlock My BlackBerry - Any BlackBerry $17, Storms $25 then you can buy the unlock code cheaply - and the customer service is fast

Good luck!
    03-29-09 11:20 AM
    You also won't have any data if you don't have a Blackberry plan. I don't know where in HK you could have bought a legitimate Verizon Storm. You just better pray it's not Blacklisted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-09 11:26 AM
    You also won't have any data if you don't have a Blackberry plan. I don't know where in HK you could have bought a legitimate Verizon Storm. You just better pray it's not Blacklisted.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Prolly fromone of the same Chinamen selling them on ebay....I've often wondered how they're getting their hands on legit Storms and other various high end phones. Wouldn't touch them with a 10 ft pole!
    03-29-09 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD