I want the storm now... anyone willing to pillage all the verizon stores to find storms now?
    11-17-08 12:53 AM
    ummm .. sure .... BUMP
    11-17-08 12:57 AM
    verizon has no idea whats coming... there was a vzw spy on the site earlier saying he was looking to see what the hype would be like and had no idea people would be camping out hours before the store opens! 400,000 is not enough my friends.
    11-17-08 12:59 AM
    400000 is plenty buddy, especially for opening weekend. I think the iphone only sold about 1 million WORLD WIDE for the 3G release. The storm will sell well, but there should not be any stock issues.
    11-17-08 01:01 AM
    i disagree... there will be lines .. and there will not be enough .
    11-17-08 01:04 AM
    I agree with sooks, none of the verizon people know whats going to happen. When I went to the storm giveaway thing in time sq, I waited in line for 2.5 hours just to attempt to get a new storm... in the RAIN. (I didn't win, but the next day read an article that said they had been putting in the wrong amount of cards... bastardos! (I don't think thats considered a bad word?))

Anyway, if a line is going to be 2.5 hours in crappy weather for a chance to get a storm and not even have it in hand? I think there will be long lines. i've heard people getting ready at 3am!

-- but those people are just a little crazy.
    11-17-08 01:12 AM
    like i said ill be so excited i cant sleep anyways so mindswell spend my time infront of verizon and get the first strom in vancouver lol
    11-17-08 01:14 AM
    Wow who knows for sure what will happen. All I know is that I've seen more advertising for the Storm TV, Magazines, ect than I ever remember seeing for any other phones on Verizons network.
    11-17-08 01:16 AM
    Wow who knows for sure what will happen. All I know is that I've seen more advertising for the Storm TV, Magazines, ect than I ever remember seeing for any other phones on Verizons network.
    agreed ! i think it will be a massive hit ... i just want us to beat the 1 million world wide on release !
    11-17-08 01:18 AM
    I won't be able to hit the store until 12pm on Friday. I hope there will be enough storms for my sake!
    11-17-08 01:19 AM
    thats because its time to take down the iphone. and for any skeptics, if they dont think it will take it down, they cant deny it will severely dent it.
    11-17-08 01:19 AM
    im sure some high traffic stores might sell out, but your average verizon store should have plenty. And I also think there will be a lot people who will go in on the first day, but not buy the phone right away (maybe they wont like the screen or didnt know they had to get a data plan).

The phone will be a hot seller all weekend, but if verizon really has 400000 units ready and being shipped this week, stock outs will be very unlikely. I dont think you guys realize how many units that really is.

And using the storm giveaway as an example of what verizon is doing nationwide is just ridiculous. The two events do not necessarily go hand in hand
    11-17-08 01:28 AM
    it is the same as a sample survey which is what they were doing.
    11-17-08 01:30 AM
    It may not be a problem, either people are underestimating what will happen or I am overestimating because I am talking to crackberry people so much.

hey, either way, a lot are going to sell. I'm just curious as to the numbers the first day!
    11-17-08 01:34 AM
    yah it would be tight if they all sold out .. i mean 400k thats ALOT but ... i think with as many people that want it ... it can happen.
    11-17-08 01:35 AM
    Between online, Telesales and local stores you shouldn't have an issue...it just might take some overnight shipping
    11-17-08 01:36 AM
    lol.. or "over night sitting" lol
    11-17-08 01:38 AM
    it is the same as a sample survey which is what they were doing.
    Using a time square giveaway as a sample survey? Huh? That doesnt even make sense. And times square is not exactly representative of most of america.

The storm giveaway was a quick press grab and a way for verizon to get people excited about the phone. They also got a ton of free advertising in the blogosphere.
    11-17-08 01:41 AM
    Using a time square giveaway as a sample survey? Huh? That doesnt even make sense. And times square is not exactly representative of most of america.
    not most America... just the good part! muahahahha
    11-17-08 01:43 AM
    Well considering I'm in an "non" good part I'll be happy to make a trip down to the VZW store so you don't have to camp out, just make me an account manager and a small handling fee and I'll swing by
    11-17-08 01:47 AM
    not most America... just the good part! muahahahha
    hahahahaha...freakin hilarious (enter sarcasm here)
    11-17-08 01:48 AM
    lol honestly i dont even know what a sample servay is nor do i care lol i just wanted to try to sounds smart for a sec lol
    11-17-08 01:48 AM
    haha, honestly, I don't mind waiting in line.

I did the storm hunt and the storm grab and met a bunch of really cool people both times so I am sure there will be some cool people in line friday.

...Althought, honestly, there were some weirdies too.
    11-17-08 01:49 AM
    I have taken a few stats classes, so sample surveys are right up my alley, lol
    Last edited by cwcanty; 11-17-08 at 01:57 AM.
    11-17-08 01:49 AM
    lol honestly i dont even know what a sample servay is nor do i care lol i just wanted to try to sounds smart for a sec lol
    its ok, you made sense... quickly edit your post!
    11-17-08 01:50 AM
93 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD