So i'd like to find myself a decent vehicle mount for my storm. Not for use all the time, but for when i'm using VZ Nav. This appears to be the nicest one that i can find. Does anyone else have this? Or are there any other out there that you can point me towards? Thanks in advance
    Dave

Ebay Link
    02-24-09 12:54 PM
    proclipusa.com has the best solutions for all mounting needs. I have had them for my treo, tilt, BB's, and ipods. they are very nice quality but kind of pricey.
    02-24-09 12:56 PM
    I find proclips great... if they don't prevent you from reaching items in your car. The two I would need (one for each of my cars) seem to interfere with operation of the radio / HVAC controls. Maybe they work great with the factory radio's, but not my aftermarket ones.

I like this one, but haven't purchased it yet as I want a vent mount which this doesn't have. I might purchase, and try to find a vent mount system and marry the two together.

KiDiGi - BlackBerry Storm 9500 Car Mount Cradle
    02-24-09 12:59 PM
    proclipusa.com has the best solutions for all mounting needs. I have had them for my treo, tilt, BB's, and ipods. they are very nice quality but kind of pricey.
    Their stuff looks awesome. I might get one of their mounts for myself for my Birthday...lol!

Currently I'm using the mount from Verizon and it works fine, but since the arm is kind of long on it the phone bounces a bit while driving or pushing buttons and that kind of drives me crazy.
    02-24-09 01:03 PM
    I find proclips great... if they don't prevent you from reaching items in your car. The two I would need (one for each of my cars) seem to interfere with operation of the radio / HVAC controls. Maybe they work great with the factory radio's, but not my aftermarket ones.

I like this one, but haven't purchased it yet as I want a vent mount which this doesn't have. I might purchase, and try to find a vent mount system and marry the two together.

KiDiGi - BlackBerry Storm 9500 Car Mount Cradle
    I like this mount, but I'm kinda geeky about using OEM chargers hehe..

I was looking at the proclips stuff too, but it is just a slide in holder, i don't know how much i would trust it horizontally. Dunno. Anyone have any of these? That KiDiGi is awesome though.. almost exactly what i would want. I too would prefer a vent clip, they are easy enough to find though hehe..
    02-24-09 01:10 PM
    I have a Bracketron. It can clip to a vent or attach to the dash with 2 sided sticky pad. Works fine for $19.95.
    02-24-09 01:16 PM
    Amazon.com: Arkon CM910 Universal PDA Mount Bundle: Electronics

I have this. It's a bit pricey, but after using the cheap ones form eBay, I found this is much nicer and higher quality.

02-24-09 01:21 PM
    I hve one one frm Celltech Solutions-Bury Comfort Cradle- made for the storm -a little pricey, but perfect fit and charges while connected- a plus when using VZnav.
    02-24-09 01:34 PM
    I hve one one frm Celltech Solutions-Bury Comfort Cradle- made for the storm -a little pricey, but perfect fit and charges while connected- a plus when using VZnav.
    A little pricey? Dayum hehe $85 is wayyy more than i wanna pay for a mount lol... Awesome mount though. Can you use OEM vehicle charger with it? or does it come with its own cable?
    Thanks
    Dave
    02-24-09 01:40 PM
    Charging cable is attchd to the mount- when you 'lock' the phone into the mount the charger is engaged. It is for sure not cheap-but its for most secure one Ive seen !
    02-24-09 01:44 PM
    Saw this the other day:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f133/wh...-storm-166511/

I thought this was pretty cool. Might want to PM the OP.
    02-24-09 01:47 PM
    you really want to go with proclips. it's a 2 part solution. part 1 is specific to your car. part 2 is for the phone. once you have one in your car, all you have to do is get a new phone part everytime you get a new phone. they also make holders for ipods, gps, etc

i got the swivel one for the storm. it turns lanscape or portrait easily...which is great for the garmin on my phone.
    02-24-09 01:57 PM
    i have the proclips vehicle specific mounts in all 3 of my vehicles for MP3 player and sat radio. problem is, usually sat radio is in the proclips when i'm using gps lol..
    02-24-09 03:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD