I had a discussion when I was out the other night with 2 gentlemen (I use that term loosely). I had my Storm, one guy had the stupid Google Phone, and the other guy had the IPhone.

The guy with the Google Phone proceeded to tell me how great his phone was. How it has the keyboard AND the touch screen. "The best of both worlds" was what he said. I then proceeded to say it's probably good for you, but I prefer the functionality of the BB. This ***** then told me he would NEVER buy the Storm because of the click screen. He points to the guy next to him with the IPhone and says, "see, with that, you just touch it, the Storm you actually have to click, it's stupid and takes too long... that thing is a piece of junk."

Needless to say I didn't even argue with him ... it's pointless to argue with a moron. He also said that the Storm doesn't work globally .... and his Google Phone does. He said "if I go on vacation I can't use that piece of junk ... this phone is better." The guy with the IPhone didn't say anything really, just that he loved his phone and kept bragging about the apps. I shut him up by just saying that AT&T has terrible service so I wouldn't switch no matter how great the phone was.

Anyway, just wanted to share that insane story ... venting really!
    03-03-09 02:45 PM
    awesome story =)
    03-03-09 02:51 PM
    lol, that's funny. I would have loved to be in that discussion. Everyone would have shut up by the time I was done...

Anyway, if it was me, I don't think neither of these 3 phones is perfect. Me personally, I'd take the camera capabilities of the Storm, the screen of the Storm, the memory capabilities of the iPhone, the interface of the Google Phone, the app capabilities of both iPhone and Google Phone, and the form factor of the iPhone. Then I'd put 802.11g wifi, GSM Quadband, CDMA dualband, and 3G dualband on it. That to me would make the ultimate SmartPhone for me.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 03-03-09 at 02:59 PM.
    03-03-09 02:56 PM
    awesome story =)
    No

Saving Private Ryan was an awesome story.

This wasn't
    03-03-09 02:56 PM
    No

This wasn't
    TRUE T-RUE
    03-03-09 02:58 PM
    i actually thought we were reading a joke. but then there was no punchline...
    03-03-09 03:01 PM
    No

This wasn't
    QFT

definitely
    03-03-09 03:02 PM
    i actually thought we were reading a joke. but then there was no punchline...
    Sorry I couldn't make it more entertaining for ya ... was just sharin' the silly story.
    03-03-09 03:08 PM
    LOL dream on fanboi's
    03-03-09 03:11 PM
    Sorry I couldn't make it more entertaining for ya ... was just sharin' the silly story.
    lol, I just realized you're a girl too. I'm pretty sure now those guys were just trying to make their stuff seem better then yours. You should have asked them if they were trying to compensate for something else by talking up their phones like that. I'm particularly facinated by the stupidity of the Google Phone guy not knowing anything about the Storm being in fact a Global phone.
    03-03-09 03:14 PM
    lol, I just realized you're a girl too. I'm pretty sure now those guys were just trying to make their stuff seem better then yours. You should have asked them if they were trying to compensate for something else by talking up their phones like that. I'm particularly facinated by the stupidity of the Google Phone guy not knowing anything about the Storm being in fact a Global phone.
    Yea, he was stupid. He just kept saying that it's not global, and the google phone is. What really annoyed me was how he kept saying that the clicking slowed down your typing ... he kept saying that actually having to push down on the screen was time consuming.

So I just said "well when you use your keyboard on that piece of junk don't you have to press the buttons?" The response "yea, but this is faster."

03-03-09 03:17 PM
    Well he might not be entirely wrong on it being faster on a keyboard. Each key is independent on his phone where as the storm we use its basically "one" key.

Make sense?
    03-03-09 03:19 PM
    Iphone is just a toy to me, Storm is very nice with the amazing BB features and andriod is going to be another new frontier and lvl on phones in the future but I dont know enough about what it does to make comments about it.........but still BB's are some of the most amazing devices out there and sell globally, not the iphone or google phone
    03-03-09 03:19 PM
    Yea, he was stupid. He just kept saying that it's not global, and the google phone is. What really annoyed me was how he kept saying that the clicking slowed down your typing ... he kept saying that actually having to push down on the screen was time consuming.

So I just said "well when you use your keyboard on that piece of junk don't you have to press the buttons?" The response "yea, but this is faster."

Exactly. lol, I bet he had a small mental panic on that one and just spurted out the, "yeah, but this is faster" lol. What a dummy. You should have asked him if he can get any kind of native support for corporate email on that puppy. That would have shut him up quick. Oh well, at least now you know their intelligence level. At least the iPhone guy was quiet when he probably realized he didn't know a lot of the technical stuff. At least it was somewhat honest... he just "Liked his phone".
    03-03-09 03:23 PM
    lol. Android is nice, but the G1 itself is very ugly IMO. The iphone is very nice and sleek, but no push, mms, video, BTooth, etc... Sux. But, the Storm, ahhhh nice phone, with everything needed. Then Storm wins!!!
    03-03-09 03:28 PM
    I have the storm, but was very close to getting the G1. It is a pretty nice phone.. I just couldn't leave verizon.. service is just too good compared to the others coverage.
    03-03-09 03:28 PM
    lol. Android is nice, but the G1 itself is very ugly IMO. The iphone is very nice and sleek, but no push, mms, video, BTooth, etc... Sux. But, the Storm, ahhhh nice phone, with everything needed. Then Storm wins!!!
    The iPhone most certainly has "push" email. It's called ActiveSync and it is push believe it or not. It just requires Exchange to be your corporate email server of choice. To some degree, ActiveSync on the iPhone is better then BIS on Blackberry because it SYNCs ALL your stuff from your mailbox to the device out of the box. With Blackberry, you need to spend money on BES server and licenses, whereas you don't need to do that with anything that does ActiveSync because Exchange is already licensed for that on the usercount level within ActiveDirectory. That's the nice aspect of it. I loves me some ActiveSync. Instant email, sync everything, no extra costs.
    03-03-09 03:35 PM
    lol, that's funny. I would have loved to be in that discussion. Everyone would have shut up by the time I was done...

Anyway, if it was me, I don't think neither of these 3 phones is perfect. Me personally, I'd take the camera capabilities of the Storm, the screen of the Storm, the memory capabilities of the iPhone, the interface of the Google Phone, the app capabilities of both iPhone and Google Phone, and the form factor of the iPhone. Then I'd put 802.11g wifi, GSM Quadband, CDMA dualband, and 3G dualband on it. That to me would make the ultimate SmartPhone for me.
    what would you name it?

iGooBerry?

lol...good story...cant wait to meet up w/ my friends that have iphones and gphones in one room
    03-03-09 04:03 PM
    As I have stated before, arguing which phone is better is like arguing whether Ford F150 is better than Chevy Silverado. Everyone has his/her own opinion and it is usually boil down to personal like and dislike. So the whole argument is really pointless.

With that being said, the iPhone does have better GUI than any other phone, but it is the network coverage of at&t that svcks. Without the network coverage, the iPhone is nothing but a glorified iPod. The G1 should not even in this discussion. It has a slideout hardware keyboard as well as keys on the face of the phone. I hate that for 2 reasons. First, if there is a full slideout keyboard, why would you need key on the face of the phone which is redundant. Second, it reduces the screen size. And in the mobile phone world, <screen> SIZE DOES MATTER.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-03-09 04:06 PM
    i wish i was there
    03-03-09 04:26 PM
    what would you name it?

iGooBerry?

lol...good story...cant wait to meet up w/ my friends that have iphones and gphones in one room
    The BFG1000 of course.
    03-03-09 04:37 PM
    JRSCCivic, I'm talking about push notification, not email.

03-03-09 06:47 PM
    JRSCCivic, I'm talking about push notification, not email.

Gota be specific in your posts.... there's push notifications and then there's push email.
    03-03-09 07:41 PM
    This is one of my beefs with talking to people about different phones. Everybody is entitled to there own prerogative.

Google phone (IN MY OPINION) will get better over time. Major thing though android software will be on more than one phone.

Iphone & Storm (IN MY OPINION)

Native software will be on theses devices only (Factory installed devices) so I feel there is more room for improvement!

To the lady that had the 2 morons talking. Just tell them to shut***f***up.

or be a lady and just ignore them?

That is my OPINION!
    03-03-09 08:03 PM
    As I have stated before, arguing which phone is better is like arguing whether Ford F150 is better than Chevy Silverado.

No it is not, it is like comparing a Geo Storm to GT-R, it would be more reasonable to compare the Storm to a LG Voyager.
    03-03-09 08:11 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD