Now that you have had some time to be with your phone, would you recommend it to anyone? I'm currently on the biggest disgrace of a phone ever (Voyager), coming over from AT&T and the --dun dun dun-- iPhone. Please share your thoughts and input. I was also considering waiting until next year to purchase one hoping that most of the bugs will be gone... but your input is greatly appreciated

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-08 10:45 PM
    Well............it's an AWESOME device...........with a whole bunch of issues. Honestly, if you can wait, you'll probably be happier. This thing has all sorts of potential. In its current iteration, however, it is kind of buggy. If you can deal with the idiosyncrasies, go for it. If you want it to be 100%, give it a while.

I love mine, but I have a replacement on the way. The only real issue I have with mine is dust in the screen. I have the feeling that once RIM gets both the hardware and software bugs worked out, this thing will be absolutely sick. Right now, it's sick in both good and bad ways. LOL

Like I said, I love mine, but there are issues.
    12-03-08 10:53 PM
    I would agree with EJT.
    This phone has a ton of potential. It is buggy right now. I for one have no hardware issues with mine, but I also bought the phone on release anticipating some bugs... It is a new phone. The iPhone was buggy too when it was released if anyone can remember...

I am new to the BB world and absolutely love the phone. From what I hear from avid BB users, is RIM is very good at patching there phones. So it is only a matter of time before all the problems are fixed...

BTW: I came from the TREO 700wx...
    Last edited by jzcombo; 12-03-08 at 11:03 PM.
    12-03-08 10:59 PM
    I think it really depends on the device. So far I haven't had any problems with my phone and I've had it since day one. My screen clicks fine, no dust, the lag was minimal and now with the new OS it's rarely even there. Its smooth and beautiful.

I recommend it to everyone, I say it takes a little while to get used to the typing, but just like any phone you own, youll get used to it .

I really do like this phone and they will continue to give out OS updates so I am not too worried about any software issues. But for me, so far I haven't had any type of hardware issue.
    12-03-08 11:03 PM
    I say it takes a little while to get used to the typing, but just like any phone you own, youll get used to it .
    I find that people who are upgrading from a "keyboard"(QWERTY and numerical pad) have an easier time acclamating with the Storm. Whereas people who already got used to a conventional touch screen (iPhone, Voyager, etc) find it to be too much effort and sort of a step back from their current phone.
    12-03-08 11:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD