I have to say having come to work this morning and having discovered that the Blackberry Bold 9000 has an official software release kind of disappoints me a great deal! Here we are with this great phone, yet it seems to me that more and more Blackberry Bold softwares are being released than there are Storm! While I understand there is a fundamental difference in the two softwares, you would think if they could get THAT many right for the Bold, they could get ONE right for the Storm. I mean come on, Blackberry's software has been around for a long time and was stable up until now, how much more does it take to add features and update what you had in the works. I've tried hard to be patient with the phone, even changing to every version that's been released, but come on, if they can release that many for the Bold, what's the hold up in working on the Storm's software? Almost makes me feel like the Storm isn't as much of a priority as they initially have told us! While that probably isn't the case here, just makes it seem that way or that they are more dedicated to other phones than they are to the Storm!

That's my soapbox for the morning! I'll step down and let people flame away on it, because I'm sure that it's coming!
    01-28-09 09:15 AM
    more people are picking up bolds, niagra is on it's way, the storm is flopping, blackberry is going to admit defeat, touch screens aren't useful without multi-touch - the end is near!
    01-28-09 09:31 AM
    The Bold is their flagship business / professional phone, hate to break it to ya's.

If anything, the Storm is their flagship consumer market / iPhone competitor.

Apples to Oranges, and at best they are giving them equal priority.
    01-28-09 10:41 AM
    I'd assume touch screen updates are much more complicated then a phone with a physical keyboard. Remember its their first touch screen too so its uncharted water.
    01-28-09 11:04 AM
    Thank you everyone for stating the obvious .
    01-30-09 12:11 PM
    Storm and Bold development goes on in parallel. It's not like they all work on the Bold for two weeks, then switch over to the Storm, then maybe the Pearl Flip followed by the Javelin.

The Bold has been on the market longer than the Storm, and has had more time to mature software wise. According to reliable sources like Crucial, it was quite the buggy phone at launch. It's since matured, thus updates might not get held up due to some nasty little regression like with the Storm's numerous leaked updates.
    01-30-09 04:09 PM
    it could also be that the releases include alot less than the storm reeleases do.

a bold release could include something like

"fixed position of signal meter when memo pad is loaded"
    "fixed an issue with the word dog in the russian language"

where storm releases could be complete rewrites of entire modules trying to speed things up.
    01-30-09 04:27 PM
    Bold just got free tetris too...
    01-30-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD