Dude, I know for a fact that there will NEVER be another Verizon OTA upgrade for the Storm 1. Privately, Verizon considers the Storm 1 to be a failure. The current wave of "buy one, get one free" TV ads are intended only to deplete their current inventory enough that they can write off the remainder and move on to the Storm 2.
    fact huh? so how do you know this oh wise one? Please do tell.
    05-27-09 12:49 AM
    Dude, I know for a fact that there will NEVER be another Verizon OTA upgrade for the Storm 1. Privately, Verizon considers the Storm 1 to be a failure. The current wave of "buy one, get one free" TV ads are intended only to deplete their current inventory enough that they can write off the remainder and move on to the Storm 2.
    Hardly. Businesses do these kinds of things when it gets them money, pure and simple.

It doesn't take a genius to know that the more blackberries we get people on, the more data plans we can sign 'em up for, especially when people are getting blackberries for themselves, their spouses, their kids, etc...

I seriously doubt this "Storm 2" in the rumor mill will arrive before September. The BOGA deal has nothing to do with ditching inventory. (In this particular case, it was originally intended so for the Pearl, but the response was so good that they went ahead and did all Blackberries for the sake of selling data plans, as you now see.)
    05-27-09 12:49 AM
    Is this really happening again?..STOP IT! The ****** bag that put this up only has one post to his name..I call BS
    05-27-09 12:57 AM
    .148 (if/when its approved) should be out by the 1st, the 10th is WAY too far away. testing ends on thurs, they won't wait 2 weeks to release an approved OS, more like 2 or 3 days at most. that's how i know the OP knows nothing of what they're talking about.
    05-27-09 01:00 AM
    .148 that's how i know the OP knows nothing of what they're talking about.
    your being so harsh, stop it
    05-27-09 01:02 AM
    .148 (if/when its approved) should be out by the 1st, the 10th is WAY too far away. testing ends on thurs, they won't wait 2 weeks to release an approved OS, more like 2 or 3 days at most. that's how i know the OP knows nothing of what they're talking about.
    Say, Patches, how *is* that testing going since it entered the "user friendly" stage? Inquiring minds want to know.
    05-27-09 01:07 AM
    Say, Patches, how *is* that testing going since it entered the "user friendly" stage? Inquiring minds want to know.
    doing well, no major issues other than cosmetic ones that civic found, so it is so far so good.
    05-27-09 01:12 AM
    So your saying RIM/VZW are going to give the million plus (and growing) storm owners a big FU and no longer update a device that has the potential to be great with a good OS. I'm thinking this is not going to happen. But what do I know.
    05-27-09 01:15 AM
    doing well, no major issues other than cosmetic ones that civic found, so it is so far so good.
    woohoo, I cant wait for it to be official oh wait, I already upgraded to .148. If it does become the highly anticiapted GOLD code than what will we do when half of the threads go away.
    05-27-09 01:18 AM
    if they weren't gonna update, they wouldn't test. it's been said before...they even update failtures like the VZW CDMA pearl...(that thing sucked ***! NO app memory at all. if you got some messages, it'd start erasing stuff left and right...)
    05-27-09 01:19 AM
    woohoo, I cant wait for it to be official oh wait, I already upgraded to .148. If it does become the highly anticiapted GOLD code than what will we do when half of the threads go away.
    and iphone 3.0 right behind it so we'll get hoards of fanbois coming to smear their crap all over the storm forums...

it's gonna turn into the alley fight from anchorman...
    05-27-09 01:20 AM
    and iphone 3.0 right behind it so we'll get hoards of fanbois coming to smear their crap all over the storm forums...

it's gonna turn into the alley fight from anchorman...
    im so excited for the IpHoNe 3.0. Cant wait

I dont know how to put this but, Im kind of a big deal (Anchorman Quote)
    05-27-09 01:25 AM
    if they weren't gonna update, they wouldn't test. it's been said before...they even update failtures like the VZW CDMA pearl...(that thing sucked ***! NO app memory at all. if you got some messages, it'd start erasing stuff left and right...)
    True. In my experience, Verizon gets a hard time on these forums they don't really deserve. It seems to me when they get a working new OS for any phone they sell, even older ones they release it. My rep just updated my 2 1/2 year old backup U740, a phone they don't even sell anymore because Samsung sent them and update and it passed testing. There where constant updates on my kids Voyager and at least 3 on his old EnV, one if I remember correctly, that came out long after the EnV 2 was released. I'd say we would see more BB releases if RIM would just send them firmware that that wasn't crap. .148 seems to be the best so far and if it ends up being good, they will release it, if for anything to end all the ceaseless b***ching. I know it works pretty good on my phone.
    05-27-09 03:14 AM
    I was in a Verizon store today and spoke with one of the managers concerning the new update. Apparently the District Manager and a choosen few have been beta testing the new update and have worked out all the bugs. The manager said that the new update for Verizon Storm will be available soon and that the district manager was very happy with the phones performance after installing the updates. Hopefully soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I find it hard to believe anything from someone with only "0" posts.

I smell a troll.
    05-27-09 03:34 AM
    I was in a Verizon store today and spoke with one of the managers concerning the new update. Apparently the District Manager and a choosen few have been beta testing the new update and have worked out all the bugs. The manager said that the new update for Verizon Storm will be available soon and that the district manager was very happy with the phones performance after installing the updates. Hopefully soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    kill yourself.
    05-27-09 10:06 AM
    ROFL, you got me!! Although the link should've been to a YouTube video of Karma Kameleon or something...when I first saw the video I immediately thought of Beavis and Butthead throwing their $0.02 in.

Peace all...
    05-27-09 10:23 AM
    You know, I enjoy going into my local Verizon store. They are polite, friendly, and always attentively eager to sell me an accessory or a new phone. Even as a newbie, would I believe anything the sales people or manager tells me about updates for my new Storm?

Not a chance in ****. Everything I have learned about the operational capabilities of my Storm I have learned right here. The folks at the store are woefully uneducated-I feel like an expert whenever I go in!

One day I hope to gather the fortitude to move from .75 to .148, then I'll really be in!

cheers,
    Steve in So Cal
    I walked into a Verizon Store two days ago while my girl was shopping and thought I'd just browse the phones displayed. I was checking out my phone for a sec and a rep came by to tell me "all the wonderful things coming out for the storm". He started describing how the "new OS" .114 that he is currently testing is going to be so much better than my supposedly .75. I let him continue because I wanted to be humored. He then began to show me his OS where indeed it read .114 so I said wow how can I get that on my phone? He told me I couldnt and it was only for employees testing out the OS!!! So I went through my phone, pulled up Meterberry and scrolled down to where it showed .148. To watch a confident man studder! Oh then I showed him the modules where 5.0.0.93 was displayed and then did I have fun..... I eventually directed him to this site where he'll probably read this post....

Just wanted to share a laugh!
    05-27-09 10:55 AM
    I do think that a lot of verizon employees get a bad rap but let's face it, some of them just bring it on themselves. The reps at my original store are always polite and eager to help.
    05-27-09 10:59 AM
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    omg. love your avatar. Bet not many people know your avatar. GITS.
    05-27-09 01:34 PM
    So let me get this straight. It's the number of "Post" you have that gives some sort of credibility on a forum like this? Suppose someone has no job or life except surfing the internet all day? And all they do is phony up information by spouting BS and cut and pasting from other web-sites? Does this lend them more weight than someone asking a simple question?
    05-27-09 08:43 PM
    So let me get this straight. It's the number of "Post" you have that gives some sort of credibility on a forum like this? Suppose someone has no job or life except surfing the internet all day? And all they do is phony up information by spouting BS and cut and pasting from other web-sites? Does this lend them more weight than someone asking a simple question?
    post count doesn't equal creditility...i know people with way more posts than i have, and know little to nothing other than what they've learned on this site. you'll learn who knows what, its a trial and error experience to see who you can trust.

however, i find it ironic that the person questioning who's credible and who isn't only has 5 posts, and they're all essentially personal attacks or flames of some sort. goes to show you how much you can accomplish in so little posts
    and the phony info gets called out pretty quickly.

but generally speaking, very few people get a very high post count if they're spewing crap all over the place. the threads get moved to places where the posts don't count, or deleted.
    Last edited by patches152; 05-27-09 at 09:07 PM.
    05-27-09 08:53 PM
    I hear a lot of you all complaining about your verizion reps. I have been a verizion customer for over 8 years having left them after the first two years and rejoining them six years ago. And I have found that the reps are a mixed bag but at least every store has one decent one and if the do not I leave the store and find one that I like. We are new blackberry owners but not new to verizion.

The rep we dealt with when we bought actually highly recommended your sight for downloads etc. He also warned us of the steep learning curve for the storm. So far in two weeks I have learned to love my bb. I am a very simple user though.

05-28-09 09:49 AM
    This has thread has gone off topic with this but I am going to weigh in. Yes I am a newbie with only two posts. The thing is, I am not sure why how many posts someone has indicates what they may or may not know. At one point in my way too long life I owned three cell phone stores and still have many contacts in the industry including the guy who bought my stores and now owns 8 stores. My friend at Verizon is WAY above district manager and I trust what he tells me is true.

I have been using CrackBerry for a long time but never had anything to add so I just didn't post. I posted now because everyone is so interested in the new software for the Storm, I had info and I posted it. Everyone here was new at some point and I'm pretty sure it is impossible to start off with 200 posts.

Back on topic. The software is still on track and will be out shortly. Everyone knows how Verizon is and of course it could be pulled the day it is set to be released but for now all is well.

By the way, I have several posts but my post count always says one.....Does anyone know why?
    Last edited by RideMadone; 05-28-09 at 10:19 AM.
    05-28-09 10:16 AM
    if you post in the lounge or rants/raves, posts don't count towards your status.

and testing ends today! so we'll know about .148 soon...
    05-28-09 10:38 AM
    Thanks Patches
    05-28-09 11:50 AM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD