Whats the point...we all have it already
    Well.......... people like me who can't upgrade due to IT policies. That's the point!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 07:58 PM
    I get a kick out of all this.
    05-26-09 08:02 PM
    well...this could be true. i was at a verizon store today...an OFFICIAL one. i asked for the manager to see if he could help me...he couldn't...but there was a customer at the counter that said he reads crackberry everyday and that one day...there WILL be an update!

i said "for the storm?"...he said "yeah". i said "for the storm, really?", he said "yeah". i said "really"...he said "heck yeah".

it's coming!
    05-26-09 08:06 PM
    I was in a Verizon store today and spoke with one of the managers concerning the new update. Apparently the District Manager and a choosen few have been beta testing the new update and have worked out all the bugs. The manager said that the new update for Verizon Storm will be available soon and that the district manager was very happy with the phones performance after installing the updates. Hopefully soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pics or it didn't happen.
    05-26-09 08:08 PM
    I heard it was .666.....the devil made me do it
    05-26-09 08:16 PM
    they need to hurry up.
    05-26-09 08:19 PM
    these forums get ppl so excited and talking but that is ALL they ever do...nothing ever comes out of it
    05-26-09 09:28 PM
    First post whoooooooaaaa. Being you are new to the forum I will let you know EVERY Verizon employee will tell you they have the newest OS coming soon.
    05-26-09 09:33 PM
    starting to think people are posting these ludacris post just to up their post count and personally think that anyone who starts these should be bumped back down to "newbie" status.. if they are already a newbie then they owe crackberry nation a few post before we let them post again..lol just my opinion..
    05-26-09 09:33 PM
    The mods should set up a filter so that any OP that starts " Iwas in my verizon store today..." gets automatically filtered out and denied post status
    05-26-09 09:34 PM
    [QUOTE=jason.klein;2653930]The mods should set up a filter so that any OP that starts " Iwas in my verizon store today..." gets automatically filtered out and denied post status[/QUOTE

post like these annoy me..NOBODY KNOWS WHEN OR IF VERIZON WILL EVER RELEASE ANOTHER UPDATE.. just use the leaked versions, i have had great success with these.. I always skip a few here and there though but thats just me..
    05-26-09 09:37 PM
    Well this bites, here I grab a beer and pull up a chair after catching the thread title, and not one pic yet? I demand more entertainment value out of worthless threads!
    05-26-09 09:40 PM
    OMG I can't believe it. Another fun thread. I know that some don't like them but I think that they are fun to watch. Anyone bringing the popcorn? I will bring soda.

These threads do get entertaining. A mod probally will pop in soon..
    05-26-09 09:49 PM
    Well this bites, here I grab a beer and pull up a chair after catching the thread title, and not one pic yet? I demand more entertainment value out of worthless threads!
    There is one pic on page 2. BTW to keep on topic, it does look hopeful of an official release
    Soon. From what I hear, VZW is finishing up the last phase of testing of .148 on Thursday.

05-26-09 09:55 PM
    There is one pic on page 2. BTW to keep on topic, it does look hopeful of an official release
    Soon. From what I hear, VZW is finishing up the last phase of testing of .148 on Thursday.

don't believe the hype..
    05-26-09 09:57 PM
    starting to think people are posting these ludacris post just to up their post count and personally think that anyone who starts these should be bumped back down to "newbie" status.. if they are already a newbie then they owe crackberry nation a few post before we let them post again..lol just my opinion..
    Funny you should say that, because it looks like you are just trying to drive up your post count by perpetuating this thread...
    If this bothers you so much then don't read the thread.
    Enough Newbie bashing!
    05-26-09 10:13 PM
    po8757 I think you have good info. I see an icon on the storm......I mean the horizon.
    05-26-09 10:33 PM
    if verizon failed the test with .148 , I do not want to hear anyone to complain about it and if anyone does it then they all go back to .75 and then maybe all of the problems will go away !!
    how old are you? please stop posting stuff you have no understanding of.

.75 is full of problems, the only reason it was official is because it was light years better than .65.
    05-26-09 10:41 PM
    You know, I enjoy going into my local Verizon store. They are polite, friendly, and always attentively eager to sell me an accessory or a new phone. Even as a newbie, would I believe anything the sales people or manager tells me about updates for my new Storm?

Not a chance in ****. Everything I have learned about the operational capabilities of my Storm I have learned right here. The folks at the store are woefully uneducated-I feel like an expert whenever I go in!

One day I hope to gather the fortitude to move from .75 to .148, then I'll really be in!

cheers,
    Steve in So Cal
    05-26-09 11:16 PM
    The mods should set up a filter so that any OP that starts " Iwas in my verizon store today..." gets automatically filtered out and denied post status
    I couldn't agree more!
    05-26-09 11:25 PM
    well...this could be true. i was at a verizon store today...an OFFICIAL one. i asked for the manager to see if he could help me...he couldn't...but there was a customer at the counter that said he reads crackberry everyday and that one day...there WILL be an update!

i said "for the storm?"...he said "yeah". i said "for the storm, really?", he said "yeah". i said "really"...he said "heck yeah".

it's coming!

That's it! Now I can sleep at night.

I love the sarcasm in these threads. Makes it worthwhile to read the whole da mned thing!.. almost
    05-26-09 11:27 PM
    You know, I enjoy going into my local Verizon store. They are polite, friendly, and always attentively eager to sell me an accessory or a new phone. Even as a newbie, would I believe anything the sales people or manager tells me about updates for my new Storm?

Not a chance in ****. Everything I have learned about the operational capabilities of my Storm I have learned right here. The folks at the store are woefully uneducated-I feel like an expert whenever I go in!

One day I hope to gather the fortitude to move from .75 to .148, then I'll really be in!

cheers,
    Steve in So Cal
    About 2 months ago I asked the manager if he had any info on when the new OS was coming out. His comment: "Don't hold your breath. Go to Crackberry and download a good one from there."

At least he's honest!
    05-26-09 11:32 PM
    Right or wrong, we shouldn't be lynching noobs either. And while I know nothing of whether .148 has passed or not, I will say it is NOT unusual to do internal testing with Employees. I don't know if it's OK for me to mention exactly what we've been offered beta-ing on, so I won't. All I know is not every noob who makes a repeat post is a troll, so really guys, lay off.
    05-26-09 11:34 PM
    About 2 months ago I asked the manager if he had any info on when the new OS was coming out. His comment: "Don't hold your breath. Go to Crackberry and download a good one from there."

At least he's honest!
    I agree...I don't think I've ever been lied to, they simply don't know, and they are in an uncomfortable spot; they need to tow the party line when they know there are informed consumers out there...

Best,
    Steve in So Cal
    05-26-09 11:40 PM
    Dude, I know for a fact that there will NEVER be another Verizon OTA upgrade for the Storm 1. Privately, Verizon considers the Storm 1 to be a failure. The current wave of "buy one, get one free" TV ads are intended only to deplete their current inventory enough that they can write off the remainder and move on to the Storm 2.
    05-27-09 12:07 AM
81 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD