I was in a Verizon store today and spoke with one of the managers concerning the new update. Apparently the District Manager and a choosen few have been beta testing the new update and have worked out all the bugs. The manager said that the new update for Verizon Storm will be available soon and that the district manager was very happy with the phones performance after installing the updates. Hopefully soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-26-09 06:08 PM
    .148??? or different one?
    05-26-09 06:13 PM
    I was in a Verizon store today and spoke with one of the managers concerning the new update. Apparently the District Manager and a choosen few have been beta testing the new update and have worked out all the bugs. The manager said that the new update for Verizon Storm will be available soon and that the district manager was very happy with the phones performance after installing the updates. Hopefully soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Before this gets out of control, something to ponder:

District Managers don't have any more of a clue as to when a release is coming than anyone else on the front line at VZW.
    If they're beta testing something, it's probably the same thing we have had for several days: .148
    No one works out bugs but RIM. VZW tests the build and either certifies it for release or rejects it. Plain and simple.
    VZW managers are looking to make sales. Nothing more...nothing less.
    Peruse the forum for identical threads. They all contain the same misguided information.
    05-26-09 06:14 PM
    .148??? or different one?
    Why are you even humoring this post????????
    05-26-09 06:14 PM
    If what patches has been saying is true, it should be 148.
    05-26-09 06:15 PM
    Omg....please oh please stop this nonsense vzw does not share this info with us my manager and the district manager do not have information and if they do they rarely get it for os updates and its weird how they have no idea about it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 06:17 PM
    Before this gets out of control, something to ponder:

District Managers don't have any more of a clue as to when a release is coming than anyone else on the front line at VZW.
    If they're beta testing something, it's probably the same thing we have had for several days: .148
    No one works out bugs but RIM. VZW tests the build and either certifies it for release or rejects it. Plain and simple.
    VZW managers are looking to make sales. Nothing more...nothing less.
    Peruse the forum for identical threads. They all contain the same misguided information.
    I second that.... If you check these forums you will easily fine 200+ threads about the EXACT thing.... VZW managers and DM's really dont know much. Just download a hybrid-its better than any official os will be (that way you dont even have to bother waiting for a Official OS.
    05-26-09 06:17 PM
    please close this thread.
    05-26-09 06:23 PM
    In addition to everything already said, nobody will ever have every single bug worked out. nothing is ever Perfect
    05-26-09 06:25 PM
    if verizon failed the test with .148 , I do not want to hear anyone to complain about it and if anyone does it then they all go back to .75 and then maybe all of the problems will go away !!
    05-26-09 06:26 PM
    if verizon failed the test with .148 , I do not want to hear anyone to complain about it and if anyone does it then they all go back to .75 and then maybe all of the problems will go away !!
    In all honesty, the issues outlined here have not been resolved: http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/on...issues-220394/
    Reason enough to fail the build. Whether they will is another story.
    05-26-09 06:32 PM
    WTF?!?! Do we really need another thread like this???????????
    05-26-09 06:45 PM
    all these threads are by newbies, with one post. then they never appear again.
    where's the mods? shut it downnn
    05-26-09 07:00 PM
    In addition to everything already said, nobody will ever have every single bug worked out. nothing is ever Perfect
    Except for the Perfect Storm. Sorry, I had to. You walked right into that one man.
    05-26-09 07:05 PM
    I went into the store today and a district manager told me to buy shares of General Motors!!! Hurry up and buy buy buy.
    05-26-09 07:10 PM
    I feel like I know this guy now...

05-26-09 07:10 PM
    As far as having reliable second hand inside information, Patches seems to be the man. I would wait and see what he has to say at the end of the week or weekend as far as pass/fail of .148. He seems to be in the know.

If .148 passes, I would guess we will see an official from VZW within a week or so after that.
    05-26-09 07:18 PM
    Yeah right....and the Yankees will win the World Series
    05-26-09 07:19 PM
    As far as having reliable second hand inside information, Patches seems to be the man. I would wait and see what he has to say at the end of the week or weekend as far as pass/fail of .148. He seems to be in the know.

If .148 passes, I would guess we will see an official from VZW within a week or so after that.
    Whats the point...we all have it already
    05-26-09 07:19 PM
    I think what we need is the gods of CrackBerry to automatically filter any post that contains Verizon and Update in the subject. Shoot, anything with Verizon in the subject in this sub-forum could be filtered being that we all already have whatever they may or may not make official.

If nothing else, the comic relief these threads sometimes provide breaks up the monotony.

Dan
    05-26-09 07:23 PM
    I am new here but I see how people post bad info about what is going on with the new software from Verizon. I also see how people are regularly beaten to death for doing so. I will post the following info at my own risk.

I just (not more than 30 mins ago) talked to a very close friend at Verizon about the new software. This person is high enough in the company to have the full scoop. He said the new software will be out no later than June 10 but would not give me a version. He just said it has passed testing and will be out shortly.

If I am wrong I will apologize profusely for posting bad info but I bet I wont have to. Just remember when I am right, all of you (and there will be many) who bash me for this post are going to owe me an apology.

I will never under any circumstances give out my contacts name so don't bother asking. I know I am being vague but I don't want my friend getting in any trouble and specifics get people fired. Ask the 3 employee's at RIM who were recently fired over some of the leaked software we are all running.
    Last edited by RideMadone; 05-26-09 at 07:43 PM.
    05-26-09 07:37 PM
    Not Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-26-09 07:47 PM
    If people didn't want to get fired, they wouldn't release "secret information". As for the apology, I won't owe you one. Many people have claimed to have "inside sources" and about 98% of them have been wrong. So whether or not other people will apologize to you after "your insider" is right is up to them, but I won't because we hear the same bs all the time. Have a nice day!
    05-26-09 07:52 PM
    OMG I can't believe it. Another fun thread. I know that some don't like them but I think that they are fun to watch. Anyone bringing the popcorn? I will bring soda.

05-26-09 07:54 PM
    OMG I can't believe it. Another fun thread. I know that some don't like them but I think that they are fun to watch. Anyone bringing the popcorn? I will bring soda.

I got popcorn AND lawnchairs! lol
    05-26-09 07:57 PM
81 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD