Hi, I have tried searching regarding this but can't find any solution.

My 9500 Storm the touch screen appears to be faulty every once in awhile. When i tooks the phoneout off pocket or just any random time the touchscreen doesn't register the exact location of my touch or press. Whenever i touch anywhere on the screen, it highlights else wherw.

The way i fix this is usually with a battery pull, and it always works, but after awhile the problem repeats itself. Upgraded to the latest OS but it still happened. It seems like a software issue if it can be solved with a battery pull.

Is there a permanent way of fixing this?

Help Please.
    06-24-10 01:41 AM
    Hi:

I am having the same problem with my VZW Storm. Does anyone know of a permanent solution?

Thanks!!
    07-15-10 09:06 AM
    I had never had that problem from day one of the first Storm release until a couple of weeks ago when I took the family to hot, steamy Florida. While there, I had that issue daily, usually in the afternoons after the humidity really spiked. The only fix was a battery pull and sometimes 2 or 3 pulls in an afternoon for a recurrent problem. I have not had the problem since leaving the humidity of Florida. Made me think it was humidity related.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-15-10 04:40 PM
    I've been having the same problem, also thinking it's humidity, or moisture from going from AC environment to outside. However I don't know why a battery pull works if that's the case. Maybe, it's not the battery pull, but the time it takes to reboot allowing the temp inside to equalize. Other thoughts?
    07-16-10 07:19 AM
    Verizon replaced mine pretty quickly when I told them about the issue.
    07-24-10 11:16 PM
    It could be that your screen is faulty. Try getting another one from Verizon. Otherwise, perhaps you're running an old OS? Did you try upgrading to the latest one?
    08-07-10 03:43 PM
    Screens with digitizer are very cheap on Ebay, somewhere in the neighborhood of $35 shipped and fairly easy to replace. All you need to know is version (014 or 024) before you order.
    08-21-10 03:20 PM
    The only time I have this problem is when I try to correct a typo in a text msg, email, or on here. Sometimes I wish I had tiny pointed thumbs.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD