I am currently using a Blackberry Storm 9530 and I'll be eligible for a new phone in August. I would love to get the Storm 2 but with all these rumors about S3 being tossed around I'm afraid if I upgrade I'll have jumped the gun and be locked in a contract while everyone else is enjoying their Storm 3's. So what does everyone think? Will the storm 3 be out within the year? By summers end? Or should I go ahead and get the Storm 2? Help me Crackberries, you're my only hope!
    05-17-10 06:02 PM
    Possible. Not likely. Only if you want to.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-10 06:05 PM
    That depends on whether or not your Storm is working OK - if not, then I would get the Storm2 and wait a couple months until OS 6 comes out and enjoy, but if you can make it longer with your Storm, why not wait? I can't imagine the S3 coming out before November at the earliest...I held on to my Pearl 4 months longer just to wait for the S2 and it was well worth the wait!
    05-17-10 06:10 PM
    I would wait.... Or get the s2 use it and sell it on craigslist and use the cash to upgrade to the s3

05-17-10 06:11 PM
    Depands on what you have more of: patience or money.

I have there kids (fourth on the way) so I DEFINITELY have more patience. Still I recommend waiting.

05-17-10 07:05 PM
    Can't see S3 out before Thanksgiving. No leaked pictures or confrmed specs. The rumors are all even the same recycled news. I agree go the S2 route. Should be free with new 2year contract - see amazon, and then sell it on e-bay for the money to upgrade to the S3, if and when it comes.
    05-17-10 07:16 PM
    I just got the S2 because I damaged my S1. I had planned on waiting previous to that. I liked my S1. Even now I have to tell you...other than the memory, this isn't the huge improvement I had heard about. Now, having said that, if we get OS 6...that might change my tune.

05-17-10 07:43 PM
    Thanks guys! I think I'm leaning towards the waiting, especially since I have 2 more months to decide, who knows what news might come down from on high. My friend just got the S2 so I'll play around with it to see if it sways me. But I do have to say that the imminent approach of BB6 really makes me want to upgrade.
    05-18-10 01:06 AM
    I am currently using a Blackberry Storm 9530 and I'll be eligible for a new phone in August. I would love to get the Storm 2 but with all these rumors about S3 being tossed around I'm afraid if I upgrade I'll have jumped the gun and be locked in a contract while everyone else is enjoying their Storm 3's. So what does everyone think? Will the storm 3 be out within the year? By summers end? Or should I go ahead and get the Storm 2? Help me Crackberries, you're my only hope!
    You should wait. Not enough of difference between Storm 1 and 2 to make the switch with so many new devices on the horizon. Storm 2 browser is awful relative to all the new options out there. I just don't see you getting much value-add out of the upgrade. I was a Pearl user before so upgrading to the Storm 2 was a good change for me, but I wouldn't go from a Storm 1 to a Storm 2. I would wait to see if RIM puts out a compelling device that will offer a decent browser and better touch software. Overall, I am happy with my Storm 2 and it is an excellent PHONE which a lot of smart phones are not. My Sis has an iphone and she loves it, but I can hardly hear a word she says when we are talking.
    05-18-10 09:58 AM
    Depends on if you're having any issues with your current Storm. Is the memory holding outbaleught' or is it bleeding down to less than 10MB? Are tounplanning on travelling any time soon where a wifi connection might come in handy? Is the lack of multitouch frustrating when you type? Do you find tooearld needing to stick random things behind your battery door?
    if not, then you might as well wait.

05-18-10 11:37 AM
    I would wait for sure. You don't want to start a 2 year contract with a phone that's almost a year old. Save up and pick up a used S2 on ebay to hold you over.
    05-18-10 11:39 AM
    If you're happy with your S1, wait.
    05-18-10 03:20 PM
    I would sell the S1 and use the funds to snag the S2 off of eBay. You can pick one up for around $250 shipped. That way you can save your upgrade for whatever is yet to come!

I just sold my Droid and picked up the S2. For me, it's an improvement over the 1. I'm not having a lag half the day through. And coming from the Droid, which was definitely faster, I'm not disappointed.
    05-18-10 03:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD