My Storm fell maybe 10 inches out of my hand onto the floor. When i picked it up the screen was extremely stiff and none of the buttons were responsive. Three battery pulls later and two full wipes and OS reinstalls and the damn screen and buttons still don't work... guess i'll be going into Verizon to get a new one tomorrow

R.I.P. Storm - Pin: 3060AFAD

I'll miss you!!!
    05-20-09 10:24 PM
    sucks man....
    05-20-09 10:29 PM
    Maybe try pulling the battery door off and loosening up the torx screws until it moves then retighten them back up and until it is at an acceptable fit. Just a thought. I would attempt to fix the problem before I went through the trouble of returning it and starting from scratch. Just my opinion. Before I purchased the Innocase II i had dropped my phone from my lap when getting out of my car and it hit the cement and only had light scuffing on that silver chrome looking strip with no other issues. Since then I have probably dropped my phone a dozen times off of my desk at work and it hit the ground but with the innocase on, and it never skipped a beat. Good luck
    05-20-09 10:30 PM
    Dang dude that sucks.
    Was she naked when she fell? Put a case on her man!
    05-20-09 10:33 PM
    I will stand up and give you 1 mn of silence.
    05-20-09 10:37 PM
    I would use caution with the removing of screws... but if yer handy enough it should be an easy enough fix. I bet what happened in the seal under the screen (which doubles in part as the click function) was probably just jarred loose. I haven't seen one directly, but I imagine once you get it apart you will see a track for the seal?! If you take it that far, do me a favor and snap some photos of it for us (hopefully the Storm isn't your only digital camera like most ppl I know) =)
    05-20-09 11:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD