Ok, so ive seen a couple of these pop up on ebay and cragslist. I was wondering if it is a good thing? i currently have a Bold(9000) and i love it, but i love touch screen phones. I was wondering if its worth the $150. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    08-28-10 01:10 AM
    You will only get EDGE on a Storm on AT&T. It also lacks Wi-Fi and has the same memory as the 9000. I would not recommend it.

A Storm2 has more memory and Wi-Fi, although you'll still only get EDGE.

Your best option is the Torch.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    08-28-10 12:24 PM
    Ok, so ive seen a couple of these pop up on ebay and cragslist. I was wondering if it is a good thing? i currently have a Bold(9000) and i love it, but i love touch screen phones. I was wondering if its worth the $150. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    The storm is a pretty dated device. For 150 is a little higher than average going price in my opinion too. 150 is probably near the top asking price too. I am selling an unlocked storm 1 with original box and all the stuff it came with for 100 and am having a hard time selling it. Point is, the memory is a bit low as compared to other newer devices, but the screen resolution is the same as the torch and the good thing I liked about the s1 was the sure press or whatever.

If you don't mind staying with at&t for two years then upgrade to the torch if possible. Best of both worlds with touch screen and physical keyboard. In my opinion though I think you can find a better deal for an unlocked storm 1, and if you have a bit of extra money, pony up and try to buy an unlocked storm 2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-10 12:59 PM
    Yea i dont get very good reception at my house with att anyways. I never get 3g coverage at my house, only edge. So with that being said, would it be a good buy since 3g isnt in the picture? And how much could i get an unlocked storm 2 for att?
    08-29-10 01:47 PM
    To be honest it would probably be cheaper to buy a Verizon locked storm. Then have it unlocked yourself for 6 bucks. The price for an unlocked vs locked storm 9530 can be between 20-50 dollars. That could cut the cost down a bit too. As for the price of the storm 2, from what I see on craigslist and Ebay, they are about 100-150 dollars more than a storm 1, so for around 200-250 will get you a s2 on average price. Since the recent announcement for the storm 2 discontinue for verizon, you will probably see them going cheaper in the coming few months. It will probably drop another 50 bucks in two to three months. You will be happier with the s2 as memory and suretype is greatly increased over the s1. If you feel a hundred plus dollars is a good price for a phone ill sell ya mine for 100 plus shipping, and it is unlocked lol. But I really suggest going for a s2, you'll keep it longer imo.

Last edited by Thanontos; 08-29-10 at 03:28 PM.
    08-29-10 03:26 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/wts...9550-a-519133/

This looks like a pretty good deal. I found it in the crackberry marketplace section. Looks like a decent price that includes some pretty nice cases. Like I said it would probably be cheaper for you to unlock it, as this one I think is still locked but not 100 percent as I didn't read everything.

08-29-10 03:43 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f14/wts...9550-a-519133/

This looks like a pretty good deal. I found it in the crackberry marketplace section. Looks like a decent price that includes some pretty nice cases. Like I said it would probably be cheaper for you to unlock it, as this one I think is still locked but not 100 percent as I didn't read everything.

Thanks. You have been a lot of help. I will definitly look into buying a Storm 2. I am happy with my bold, but i miss touch screen. Like my old samsung mythic. But i will deff look into it. Again thanks for all your help.
    08-30-10 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD