would anyone know why when i connect the storm to my computer i can no longer see the device as essentially the "device memory" and "media card". all that i see now under my computer is "storm 9530" and when i click on it all i see is the music folder. BTW i am using vista
    02-14-09 01:04 PM
    the reason for this is that the memory and the card are now being used by the computer. so to avoid any conflicts or corruption in the memory your PC will be write to it.....if you turn off mass media storage the device will not be recognized as an extra drive and you will be able to see the info on your device
    02-14-09 01:25 PM
    the reason for this is that the memory and the card are now being used by the computer. so to avoid any conflicts or corruption in the memory your PC will be write to it.....if you turn off mass media storage the device will not be recognized as an extra drive and you will be able to see the info on your device
    would that also be a reason that i get a "communication error" when trying to back up the device. When I try and back it up i connect it and then it asks me if i want to enable mass storage. Then a window open on the computer and I get a communication error. After that the device is even recognized on my computer until disconnect then reconnect it. I tried to do the backup on my brothers computer with XP and it worked. It it is the Mass storage how do i turn that off and what is it even for.

Thanks alot
    02-14-09 01:34 PM
    mass storage is for you to see your devices memory and your memory card as removable drives on your pc, jus like a usb pen drive. u dont need it turned on unless you transfer media to your card or the phones memory back and forth. for your issue, i suggests you uninstall and re-install desktop manager. this seems like its a windows or driver issue.
    02-14-09 01:47 PM
    you may have accidentally turned off mass storage mode. Go to your options, memory card, and reenable mass storage mode. Put it to yes, or prompt. If prompt you'll have to turn it on each time when u plug it in. With this mode disabled, Vista recognizes the phone as a music player, not as flash drives.
    02-14-09 02:03 PM
    would anyone know why when i connect the storm to my computer i can no longer see the device as essentially the "device memory" and "media card". all that i see now under my computer is "storm 9530" and when i click on it all i see is the music folder. BTW i am using vista
    sorry I can't help with this
    02-14-09 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD