I was driving home friday night, I got into a horrible car accident. Car flipped and is completly totaled. Thanks to god, I made it out of the car safe and with only minor cuts and bruises (seat belt saved my life ). On an even brighter note, my Storm survived the crash! My phone was not secured in my bag and I think it was left in the cup holder right before the crash. It probably pretty much was all over the car. When the car came to a stop, there was the Storm on the car floor, although out of its protective rubber case, was still in tact and only has minor scratches. This is a pretty durable phone!! Just thought I would share my story.

-----------------------------------------------------------
    Update:

Here are the pics for all the curious people

Last edited by angels728; 02-19-09 at 08:16 PM. Reason: Added photos
    02-18-09 01:08 PM
    I'm glad your ok, car accidents have greatly impacted my life.

Hooray for the storm also, that damn thing is a beast.
    02-18-09 01:12 PM
    glad to hear you are alright, and of course, your storm was uninjured.

just curious, did you take a picture of the car with your phone?
    02-18-09 01:13 PM
    No, but an iPhone did...LOL I was too much of a reck when it happened and havent not seen the car since. A friend of mine went to get my stuff out of the car and took pics with his iPhone.
    02-18-09 01:16 PM
    No, but an iPhone did...LOL I was too much of a reck when it happened and havent not seen the car since. A friend of mine went to get my stuff out of the car and took pics with his iPhone.
    Ha, ironic. He can go lie now to all his other iPhone buddies, "hey! look what my iphone survived!"
    02-18-09 01:19 PM
    Forget the Storm, thank God you're ok.
    02-18-09 01:21 PM
    LOL...I never thought about that
    02-18-09 01:22 PM
    Glad to here you are ok. The storm is pretty durable. I dropped mine 5ft onto a hardwood floor and nary a scratch.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 05:08 PM
    Obviously, the fact you posted this thread about your phone tells me you were very lucky. I'm glad you're ok.

(good thing the story of your accident didn't involve texting)
    02-18-09 05:13 PM
    Thanks everyone! No I was not using the phone when it happened.
    Just wanted to add something...can you believe the tow truck company stole my GPS?!?! Ugh...If I was in a state of shock at the time I might have remembered to take it...but wow...what nerve!
    02-19-09 08:41 AM
    Really glad to hear you made it out without major injury! Yea I concur the Storm is pretty durable. Based on early fears and posts here I have really babied mine (not a bad thing to do with a 500 dollar phone), BUT it has survive 2 accidental falls from about hip hight.
    02-19-09 09:00 AM
    Pics, or it didn't happen! (of the car)

02-19-09 09:34 AM

DUDE GET A LIFE

and i am happy your ok angel, and did u contact the tow truck driver about the gps
    02-19-09 09:57 AM
    I am glad you were unharmed... That is a heck of a stress test to put your storm though, I am glad it survived and passed with flying colors, but you probably shouldn't do that again.
    02-19-09 10:00 AM

Some people have major nerve. What the hell?

Glad u r ok. Sorry about some of the people here.

02-19-09 10:10 AM
    Thank god you're ok, my buddy had a similar accident (car flipped) like 5 years ago. He was ok but his nextel brick phone didn't make it.

02-19-09 10:18 AM
    Glad that your ok and sorry for some of the juveniles on this site. We are not all in diapers!
    02-19-09 10:22 AM
    yea man glad to hear youre okay, ive been in an accident where the car flipped a couple of times and its a scary thing reminds you to appreciate life and enjoy the heck out of it..and stay connected with people using a blackberry
    02-19-09 11:01 AM
    good to hear your cool..sounds like the srs systems did its job. just a few weeks ago a kid I know flipped his car, and since I own a custom paint and collision auto shop I see my fair share of totaled flipped cars, usually people aren't as lucky. and it's also good to know that our phones can take that kind of abuse ;] lord knows i put mine through ****
    02-19-09 11:20 AM
    Wow, what a lame move stealing your GPS. I'm sorry they did that but I'm glad you're ok.
    02-19-09 11:23 AM
    Does the storm have an Crash test rating? LOL.

And I', glad you're in good health! It could have been much worse.
    02-19-09 11:25 AM
    Yea man when u getin a car accident it doesn't maTter about your phone or anything else. Not even the car just thank god you're ok. I've been just as lucky as you if not luckier when it comes to bad car accidents and being virtually unharmed

02-19-09 11:38 AM
    Yea i didnt care about the car, or the phone, only reason i looked for it was to call for help! But someone already had and pulled over to help me. It was definitely a scary experience and definietly have a new found respect for life!
    02-19-09 12:10 PM
    Wow, what a lame move stealing your GPS. I'm sorry they did that but I'm glad you're ok.
    NY, guess i shouldnt be surprised
    02-19-09 12:12 PM
    Glad to hear you made it through that OK. And can certainly understand you being a tad shaken up afterwards!!

You should ask your friend with the iPhone pics to MMS them to you so can share them with us.

(I'm sorry, I'm sorry!!! I couldn't help it! Please forgive!)
    02-19-09 02:46 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD