to be perfectly honest, unless you are willing to upgrade with leaks and hybrids, I wouldn't expect any support from VZW. Why should they change now?
    what do you mean, why should they change now? lol. Some of yall act like they're just sittin around, twittlin' their thumbs, and not working on an official update. They've been working on the freakin thing for as long as we've wanted it ppl! Why should they change now? I wouldnt want them to change, b/c for them to do that, would mean that they'd just say that their not gonna work on an update for us, and thats clearly not the case at the moment.

They're working on something stable, and that's fine by me. Do I wish there as an official out right now? MY GOD YES! But saying "why should they change now" leads to the assumption that they're just sittin around, not doing anything. Thats far from the truth...
    05-12-09 02:47 PM
    VZW won't release 141 because it had serious bugs as documented on these forums, including a poor radio. 132 was a bit better, but with a memory leak and horrible photo scrolling. Few, but serious.
    RIM has not given them anything that is good enough for release. They are actively testing and turning down RIM's OS's because they are not worthy. Some of you have said they should release 90, 109, 113, 122 etc. Each of those builds had issues that, should it be released to the general user, would prompt thousands of calls to tech support. From poor radio reception to MMS not working to memory leaks..they all fail. That is why we see so many hybrids that simply work a bit better.
    I don't think the fact that six months have passed is a measure of when or if we we will get an update. VZW wants an update. But 75 is still the safest bet for them. If I am wrong, then please tell me why there is no official update? The update will come when RIM gives them a good OS. It is seriously not based on time.
    as for the Storm2, there is no official date, but past releases by rim based on announcements of development along with logic, point to an end of year release. That's just my guess based on the little info available and RIM's history.
    05-12-09 03:20 PM
    You don't have to be a genius to tell that the Storm got better with every OS released even if they are not official. I admit that there are a lot of bugs, but the biggest problems surface when it comes to security. I don't know how secure my Storm is with .141 now.
    Also it may be a problem with the Storm, and I have to ask how's Bold doing?
    Storm2 is coming, and it better come soon and with WiFi.
    05-12-09 03:28 PM
    You don't have to be a genius to tell that the Storm got better with every OS released even if they are not official. I admit that there are a lot of bugs, but the biggest problems surface when it comes to security. I don't know how secure my Storm is with .141 now.
    Also it may be a problem with the Storm, and I have to ask how's Bold doing?
    Storm2 is coming, and it better come soon and with WiFi.
    You might get ur wifi, but soon? Dont hold ur breath.

...actually don't hold ur breath on the wifi either
    05-12-09 03:34 PM
    You might get ur wifi, but soon? Dont hold ur breath.

...actually don't hold ur breath on the wifi either
    Oh believe me, I wasn't thinking of a "soon" release. I was just hoping for it, and I am still dreaming about it
    05-12-09 03:38 PM
    I'd hold out for the storm 3... it's gonna fix all the junk people are complaining about with the storm 2
    05-12-09 04:05 PM
    If wait a little bit see if any credible rumors or facts come out for the storm 2. If nothing comes out about in the next few months then get the storm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-12-09 04:17 PM
    get the storm man
    05-12-09 04:40 PM
    i would go with the storm at worse if the storm two comes out the only thing that may be diff would be a lil style other then that it really dont matter we have themes to change the layout of the phone and have a ton of os systems and if the storm 2 does come out im sure we could take our storms to verizon and get them revamped like i did when i that voyager and the titanium came out just had it revamped only diff was the color!!! hope this helped
    05-12-09 04:41 PM
    Thanks for your insights. I guess I will wait until the first of July and see what "rumours" are buzzing around at that time and make a decision - I always like to plan in advance, that is why I was asking now. I love Blackberrys and the want a full screen, so the Storm will be the only way to go. I played around with one in the Verizon store and it seemed to work just fine; it had the .75 O/S in it. Hopefully, I get one with a good "click" all the way around the screen and doesn't lock up much! Thanks again to all...
    05-13-09 11:33 AM
    Just when I was content to get a Storm with my NE2 in July, BG posts more on the Storm 2, along with pictures! If these are genuine, which BG & CB usually are, then that means that RIM already has a working Storm 2 and that means it may not be too long before we see it for sale! Decisions, decisions, ha!
    05-15-09 11:57 AM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD