View Poll Results: Which Storm will you go with?

Voters
220. You may not vote on this poll
  • I will keep my Original Storm

    25 11.36%
  • I will DEFINETLY upgrade to the "Storm 2"

    51 23.18%
  • I MIGHT upgrade to the "Storm 2"

    87 39.55%
  • I am out to sell my storm-and dont want "Storm 2"

    21 9.55%
  • I do not know what I am going to do yet.

    36 16.36%
06-02-09 08:53 AM
35 12
tools
  1. fireball0424's Avatar
    What are you going to do when the "Storm 2" finally comes out?


    I know it's hard to decide right now bc we dont have the specs yet, but based on the pics and what we do know......what will you choose to do?

    ***After almost 2 days of this poll, it looks like not many of us are going to keep our original storm....... I am hopeful we will get a discount for "Storm 2" example a 2 yr upgrade price. (VERY HOPEFUL THINKING) What do you guys think?
    Last edited by fireball0424; 05-22-09 at 05:57 PM.
    05-17-09 07:45 PM
  2. savioAMG's Avatar
    Most likely, I will sell my current Storm a little bit before the Storm 2 is released and then purchase the new Storm.
    05-17-09 07:46 PM
  3. sgtmilstack's Avatar
    Keep my Storm and see what comes in 2010.
    05-17-09 07:53 PM
  4. Morf32's Avatar
    I will keep my original Storm AND get a Storm 2! (Will wait a couple of weeks for feedback, though.)
    05-17-09 07:57 PM
  5. pipotobe's Avatar
    I will jump on the Storm 2 bandwagon for sure.

    I'm just waiting for the price.
    05-17-09 08:03 PM
  6. kuroshio's Avatar
    need info on the Surepress b4 knowing
    05-17-09 09:18 PM
  7. fireball0424's Avatar
    need info on the Surepress b4 knowing
    Is not having surepress on "storm 2" going to make you not get it? I understand bc I love having a clicking screen but I am jw....
    05-17-09 11:31 PM
  8. Lawcheehung's Avatar
    i might upgrade, depending on how it turns out
    05-18-09 02:47 PM
  9. Kebero's Avatar
    Since the Storm 2 is going to be GSM, and I'm on Verizon, I'm not getting it.
    05-18-09 02:48 PM
  10. kuroshio's Avatar
    Is not having surepress on "storm 2" going to make you not get it? I understand bc I love having a clicking screen but I am jw....
    Has to have Surepress or something similar. I've used pressure, heat and capacitive touch before. Surepress is the only one I'm comfortable typing with. I don't like the iPhone because I look drunk when typing on it (as do many of my friends). Pressure and heat just plain suck.

    Corrective txt rarely has to kick in when I'm typing on my Storm. I like having to actually mean wanting an "I" instead of a "O" or "U"
    05-18-09 03:48 PM
  11. bearkat38's Avatar
    My Storm runs beautifully now. If this mythological Storm 2 drops, and it blows my Storm away, I have an eligible upgrade on my family plan in December. If it's more of the same, I'm more than satisfied with with the current version!
    05-18-09 04:04 PM
  12. shaydakiss23's Avatar
    need info on the Surepress b4 knowing
    Same here...if its too different from how Surepress is now (i actually like Surepress) I probably wont upgrade to Storm 2. Who knows...could be better. Only time will tell...
    05-18-09 05:05 PM
  13. TrendyProfessional1's Avatar
    There will be some nice win mo devices coming to VZW this year and with the talk of the iphone a comin who know.
    But I am leaning to upgrading to S2.
    The Storm is the sweetest smrt phn I have had to date :=))
    05-18-09 06:10 PM
  14. fireball0424's Avatar
    There will be some nice win mo devices coming to VZW this year and with the talk of the iphone a comin who know.
    But I am leaning to upgrading to S2.
    The Storm is the sweetest smrt phn I have had to date :=))
    wow I did not know anything about the Iphone MAYBE coming to Verizon....

    From the sounds of the forums, the storm 2 might be making a appearance in VZW sooner than later. Cant say I am surprised-they rushed the storm 1 in.....
    05-19-09 04:04 PM
  15. Stang68's Avatar
    Tourrrrrrrrr
    05-19-09 04:19 PM
  16. Maliberti's Avatar
    I sold my storm and shifted to the 8900. I will get the Storm 2 if it performs.

    You might be better off to sell the Storm now if you plan to upgrade; I think the market (ebay,craigslist etc..) will be flooded with the storm 1 and you might not get the $ you would now.
    05-19-09 06:59 PM
  17. krymz's Avatar
    Ill wait till im eligable for upgrade again in 2010, then get the 4G Storm3
    05-19-09 08:00 PM
  18. coronaboy10's Avatar
    I'm definitely going to wait and see what else is coming out. I'm not having any issues with my Storm anyway. But since its my first bb and I am running .141 I'm probably going to wait for the Tour and Atlas to come out. I really want to experience a blackberry with a full quertyboard. Also, hoping to get a blackberry with wifi just to experience it. Its not a requirement or anything as I've never been anywhere that I wasnt able to receive a signal. Even camping its crystal clear. I just want to try it out, to see if its something I may need one day.

    I'm pretty sure that I will not be jumping to buy the Storm 2. I see no reason to if its not going to be some inovative leap forward from the Storm 1, I just dont really think its worth it. I may go in the store and check out how the touch screen works on it out of curiosity but buying one? Fool me once...but not twice.
    05-19-09 08:12 PM
  19. frail's Avatar
    I most likely will be keeping the Storm.
    05-19-09 10:32 PM
  20. fireball0424's Avatar
    I most likely will be keeping the Storm.
    The more and more I look at the "storm 2" I feel like I will be keeping my storm as well... I do not like the fact of not having a clicking touch screen. But I guess after it comes out I will just have to play around with it.
    05-21-09 11:33 PM
  21. Dyzrv's Avatar
    you need to add another one like..... i will keep my storm and buy the storm 2
    05-22-09 05:32 AM
  22. SilverLight98's Avatar
    If there isn't much different except the screen and wi-fi then I won't upgrade, especially if we have to pay full price. I'll probably wait awhile to see reviews and see what inevitable problems arise before I upgrade.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 08:09 AM
  23. asylvia's Avatar
    this will all be dependant on if i'm eligible for a yearly upgrade and how much it will be.
    05-22-09 08:32 AM
  24. fireball0424's Avatar
    If there isn't much different except the screen and wi-fi then I won't upgrade, especially if we have to pay full price. I'll probably wait awhile to see reviews and see what inevitable problems arise before I upgrade.

    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I think thats what I will be doing as well.
    05-24-09 02:34 AM
  25. Pholey22's Avatar
    I'll give the Storm 2 a look. But you better believe I'm gonna wait for a while to see how stable it is. So far with touch devices RIM has left a very bad taste!
    05-24-09 05:28 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD