There seems to be some confusion about inventory and shipping of the Storms. Those deadlines that are going out are not "shipping on Dec 5" or "shipping on Dec 15". Those are the dates that they will be shipped BY. They are giving people worst case dates so people don't call in all the time asking where their phones are.
    Based on what I'm hearing, I would be shocked if people had to wait as long as you're being told. I put an order in at 3pm on Friday and the phone arrived today (with overnight shipping). According to the dates we've been told, it could have taken as long as Dec 5. Don't give up hope yet. It's not as bad as people think its going to be.
    11-24-08 01:24 PM
    ^Dulac, I understand what you are saying but why no tracking numbers yet??? I received only an order confermation # and when I call customercare they say by dec 5th but no tracking number! Not trying to be rude but did Fedex stop doing business with Verizon??? Why no tracking numbers yet please explain!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-24-08 01:43 PM
    Yeah I ordered online at 6:45 am on that friday and haven't gotten a tracking number or anything. my message center equipment sheet says 11/23, so i don't know what to think
    11-24-08 01:46 PM
    Best news I've heard all day. My order got screwed up and didn't get placed until Saturday morning. So maybe I won't have to wait until the 15th after all.

Dulac - really wish I had ordered from you instead of the a$$clown that I got at Telesales who punched in the wrong billing zip code.
    11-24-08 01:49 PM
    Guys, I can understand your frustrations. Really, I can, but I don't think DuLac may know the whys of that happening either as that is probably beyond his scope. There could be any number of reasons ranging from the sheer number of orders that are going through to systems not speaking after the crashes. I've ordered items in the past from other merchants and haven't received tracking numbers until AFTER the items arrived. Yeah, that's frustrating, but it gets even more so when you know you need to be home for a signature, I'm sure.
    11-24-08 01:55 PM
    There seems to be some confusion about inventory and shipping of the Storms. Those deadlines that are going out are not "shipping on Dec 5" or "shipping on Dec 15". Those are the dates that they will be shipped BY. They are giving people worst case dates so people don't call in all the time asking where their phones are.
    Based on what I'm hearing, I would be shocked if people had to wait as long as you're being told. I put an order in at 3pm on Friday and the phone arrived today (with overnight shipping). According to the dates we've been told, it could have taken as long as Dec 5. Don't give up hope yet. It's not as bad as people think its going to be.
    Yeah, I was getting confused as well. I had always thought they said "shipped by", but then I kept reading people saying "shipping on". I've been pissed all weekend, but today, reading that folks are slowly getting their tracking numbers, I am not feeling quite as mad. I guess I'll live if it doesn't come before December 5th.

Sure could picture me playing with it on my loooooonnnnnnggggggg a** drive to Louisiana on Wednesday though. Oh well.
    11-24-08 02:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD