i do not own a blackberry right now, but ill probably get 1 soon. i think that the Storm is a super sleek device and it would be the right 1 for me, but i read that the Storm is extremely buggy and that it crashes and freezes all the time. Is that still the case?
    02-23-09 11:02 AM
    naaa. Mine is fine and it is stock OS. I think the newness throws a lot of users that think it is just a phone and cannot or will not do the work to uncover what they can do with the phone. Just keep in mind that you need to exit apps or they will stay open and cause lag over time.
    02-23-09 11:10 AM
    Take some time to read through the Storm OS Beta Discussion threads. It's certainly still buggy with the latest official .75 OS release, and leaked versions of later OS versions continue to come out, with some noted improvements, but still with shortcomings of occasional reboots, battery pulls, and the like. Since the beta OS verisions seem to keep rolling out, I expect the bugs in the Storm to continue until at least an official version is published by VZW and RIM. And even after that, there may still be problems. Overall though, I think this is a great phone!
    02-23-09 11:13 AM
    I've never had a problem with mine, and I've had it since release day!
    02-23-09 11:36 AM
    I've had mine a week (9530) and yes, it's crashed at least a half dozen times, where I've had to remove and reinsert the battery to bring it back. But I still love it!! I'd say yes, it is a bit buggy....
    02-23-09 11:37 AM
    I have a storm, and really enjoy it. Yes it has it's buggy moments, just like anything else electronic. Not an issue for me.
    02-23-09 12:00 PM
    I LOVE/HATE my storm. Yes, it is buggy! (but worth it to me)
    02-23-09 12:09 PM
    I love my Storm as a fun tool that I use all day long. However, I am glad I am not depending on it for business use.
    02-23-09 12:11 PM
    I think you have to approach it with the mindset that it is a tiny computer that happens to have phone capabilities. Would you say your computer is buggy sometimes? Probably. Anything mass produced will have little issues from time to time but overall I say it's great.
    02-23-09 12:25 PM
    i agree with jpgrbdylan. any phone with this much function is going to need some small maintenance, if you take care of your storm it will take care of you. expect to have to fully power it off once a week, i schedule mine to power cycle daily just as a preventative measure. also you will need to utilize a memory cleaner, similar to cleaning the cache and cookies, etc on your browser (which you will also want to do on your storm)

in all honesty the reboots (of which i have had 3 since christmas) and lag is head and shoulders above any other phone, even the jesusPhone has the same issues with lag and some issues of its own. so if you're in the market for a cutting edge smartphone, and want it to look as bada$$ as possible, then the storm is for you!
    02-23-09 01:07 PM
    It's fine if you don't mess with it !!!
    02-23-09 01:12 PM
    Keep in mine you only read when people complain. If things work well people don't say "hey, my Storm works great."

It just does. End of story.
    02-23-09 01:15 PM
    problem is, there's plenty of ppl complaining. Mine is arriving today, but reading up on it gives me plenty of reservation about it
    02-23-09 01:41 PM
    Don't let us persway your decision. Form your own opinion of the phone, you will enjoy it.

problem is, there's plenty of ppl complaining. Mine is arriving today, but reading up on it gives me plenty of reservation about it
    02-23-09 02:29 PM
    It is buggy--not a typical RIM phone. I feel that it was rushed to the market. The more you do with the phone, the more buggy it is. But there isn't a perfect phone (Verizon will make sure of that) and it does work, for the most part. I would recommend it over the 8830 but that's only because I couldn't hear the ringer on that phone in any room louder than a library.
    02-23-09 07:59 PM
    i do not own a blackberry right now, but ill probably get 1 soon. i think that the Storm is a super sleek device and it would be the right 1 for me, but i read that the Storm is extremely buggy and that it crashes and freezes all the time. Is that still the case?

No problem with mine. I have had it over a month and not one crash. I am using the .75 OS. Yes for me it is reliable and reasonably fast.
    02-23-09 08:17 PM
    I'm on my 4th handset, and the os (.75) is corrupted with minimal use. I have no 3rd party software installed, and barley use my phone. The phone usually crashes during phone calls, screen turns black, and gets hung up dialing numbers. My handset is optimized for performance, and I usually have close 40 megs of free app memory. If your not a patient person, and you actually want to use your storm as a functioning phone I would not reccomend it. Verizon has always had poor programming on their handsets. They lock out usable features and load the operating system with their own apps which clog up the system memory.
    02-23-09 08:34 PM
    I have to disagree with 'pinyin', though the storm was rushed and was crazy buggy that was then back in Nov & Dec. I got my first storm a week after the launch and 2 weeks later the camera malfunctioned so I got it replaced and with the leaked OS upgrades (.99) I literally haven't had a problem with my phone in months. I have multiple 3rd party apps: USA today. ESPN, AP news, Google Maps, Slacker for internet radio, Moodio to listen to radio stations in different cities Audible books , 8 games over 700 songs 3 movies. I could go on and on I have so much fun and find so many useful functions that can only get better as the App store is about to be up and running giving us storm users that much more versatility. So I say get the storm read through the forums to get the most out of your device and just enjoy it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by Stormin2day; 02-23-09 at 09:35 PM.
    02-23-09 09:21 PM
    Thank you all for your advise.
    I think im gonna go with the 8900 or the bold cauz i cant stand buggy devices. I've had 5 PCs in 6 years, and I recently switched to a mac, and im so happy now. I will never go back to bugginess.
    03-02-09 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD