I've had the Storm for about 2 months now, just recently I decided to upgrade the OS from .75 to the leaked .109 and I loved the transition. Everything seems a lot smoother, faster as well, but I just noticed a severe decrease in battery life.

I charge my phone to the max almost daily, the only time I let it die was after buying it, I let the battery drain all the way out, then I did a full charge. I've heard of that referred to as a "factory reset."

I also noticed that the device itself starting to become really hot for no reason at all, even after placing the phone on hold/lock and not using it at all it still kept an unusually high temperature in my pocket. Even after charging the phone all night as soon as I started using it (Around 7am) it gradually increased in temperature and died around 4PM exactly.

The phone is currently recharging now, any insight or thoughts? I'm starting to suspect Weatherbug but it was so good to me on .75.

For the record, Weatherbug is the only program I use that seems to need to constantly update, I have Googlemaps installed but I rarely use it and I only use Yahoo and the BBM for messaging. I don't use any other programs, except Slacker, Mobile Banking, Gmail & Myspace. Oh yeah, I was getting an average of about 30MBS of free Application memory.
    03-03-09 07:06 PM
    Did it not do this before you put weatherbug on it?

Is it currently running hot charging? (typically the phone runs a bit warm when a charging)

Move this thread it shouldnt be under this section
    03-03-09 07:26 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply, I don't know how to move threads and I wasn't quite sure where to post it , but if need be I'd like it moved so I can get this issue resolved.

I had Weatherbug on it since about mid January or close to when I first got the phone. I had it set to updating every 15 minutes or so, should I delay it longer?

It started to run hot in my pocket, not charging or anything. It felt like I was online or doing something data sensitive, it always seems to get warm when running the Web application. I always set the phone to locked when in my pocket though.
    03-03-09 07:36 PM
    Sounds like its going through menopause.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-04-09 12:48 AM
    Useless troll is useless, go somewhere else

As for OP weather will put a hurtin on battery life but it shouldn't be causing the phone to run hot. Turn the app off and monitor your phone temp.

Btw did you leave your battery exposed to the elements?

03-04-09 12:08 PM
    Alright, I charged the phone after it completely died & I decided not to leave it on the charger over night (I only set the alarm). When I woke up this morning I expected the battery to be fairly used or the phone to be warm...not even the case. It still had a 5 level battery charge. I made a few calls, checked my voice mail and the BB, only lost about a half of a bar. It's weird, the phone is cool and I'm not having any kind of battery issues.

The only kind of elements the battery has been exposed to is the changing of weather patterns, it was like 25 degrees yesterday, almost 60 degrees today. But I keep my phone in my pocket 80% of the time unless I'm in the office.

Whatever happened the other day consistently drained my battery, no issues today. :/
    03-04-09 01:44 PM
    Hmm...well let's hope it doesn't resurface

03-04-09 02:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD