I'm within the 30 days... so a replacement is possible... I'm currently running .75 so please don't make this thread about if I should upgrade to a beta OS or not...

My storm has started to reboot itself and freeze up requiring a battery pull. I imagine it's partially because of some of the apps I have installed. Does it make sense to wipe it and restore? Or does that put me right back where I am? I don't want to lose all my settings, etc.

Or should I call vzw and try to get a replacement?

I start with 45mb free app memory and end the day somewhere around 30-35mb free. Quicklaunch does a reboot everynight at 5am.

My current apps:
    - Blackberry Messenger
    - Google Maps
    - Poynt
    - Quicklaunch
    - Slacker
    - AIM
    - Facebook
    - Youtube
    - Ameritrade
    - Quickpull

The latest apps that were installed in the past week:- Aerize Alerts
    - Nobex
    - Wikipedia app
    02-26-09 10:48 AM
    i can say make sure that all your apps are closed. mine did that also . im still within my 30 days too. i realized that i would open an app and exit it... but it would still be running in the back . so that caused my phone to run slower and cut off... once i started clearing my old stuff the cutting off stoped
    02-26-09 10:56 AM
    I would say it's fairly normal for that OS. I see alot of them do that. Mine did. Now how often could be another thing.

Next time, look to see if they're from "Device error" or "app error" that'll give you an idea. device error is probably the OS, app error is one of your programs.
    02-26-09 10:57 AM
    Nah I always close my apps....

A lot of the freezing happens in bberry messenger, but I've read that this is happenign to a lot of people.

Outside of the bberry messenger reboots, it randomly just reboots itself. Just now I looked at the phone and it's rebooting itself, I wasn't even using it. This is like the 3rd time it has done this in about 2 weeks time.
    02-26-09 10:58 AM
    I would say it's fairly normal for that OS. I see alot of them do that. Mine did. Now how often could be another thing.

Next time, look to see if they're from "Device error" or "app error" that'll give you an idea. device error is probably the OS, app error is one of your programs.
    Well I was able to see one time it was "Device Error 348"
    02-26-09 10:59 AM
    I would back up my phone wipe it then replace with a new one

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 11:12 AM
    I would back up my phone wipe it then replace with a new one

Would backing up my phone, wipe it, and restore to the SAME phone have any positive effects? Or just a waste of time?
    02-26-09 11:22 AM
    Wipe it and manually reinstall your apps / sync contacts(ie, don't let DM or app loader restore it). If something got corrupted causing the reboots, restoring from backup could cause it to continue (even on a new phone).
    02-26-09 11:31 AM
    Sorry, but updating the OS cured my random shut offs and reboots. Hasn't happened once since I upgraded to 103 and it runs smoother in general

02-26-09 12:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD