If I didn't see this myself I wouldn't have believed it. 2008 Chrysler Aspen LTD., home made cradle, cigarette plug charger. Perhaps it is a coincidence but since installing the Storm in my car, I have found that the automatic climate control shuts itself off.
    If anyone else has experienced this please let me know.

Thanks
    01-15-09 07:07 AM
    Does it turn off all together or only the blower slow down...The Heat/AC system in that truck uses an infrared snesor..Maybe depending on where the Storm is, it is picking up some heat off the phone and tricking the car to think the temp is hotter than it actually is..Cant think of any other reason this should happen..
    01-15-09 08:48 AM
    Probably coincidence. Domestics, eh. My dad used to work for chrystler, lincoln, mercury so I know quality wise those cars BLOW.
    01-15-09 08:51 AM
    Have you tried uninstalling everything? Sounds like a coincidence to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-15-09 09:10 AM
    That's funny. When the ipod first came out a friend of mine and I installed a fm transmitter in his moms Honda odessy (sp) van. When we turned it on the gages went crazy and the odometer jumped like 5000 miles in only 30 seconds.

01-15-09 09:25 AM
    If I didn't see this myself I wouldn't have believed it. 2008 Chrysler Aspen LTD., home made cradle, cigarette plug charger.
    Can we see a picture the home made cradle? preferably with phone and charger all hooked up.
    01-15-09 09:29 AM
    Ghost in the machine...
    01-15-09 09:36 AM
    Probably coincidence. Domestics, eh. My dad used to work for chrystler, lincoln, mercury so I know quality wise those cars BLOW.
    Thats good, I hope you and your storm enjoy working in japan.

OP- My guess was the same as another's, I'm guessing it's your phones placement around/near your sensor.
    01-15-09 09:36 AM
    ya the storm sucks
    01-15-09 09:37 AM
    Gawd. I didn't realize it was still "chic" to bash domestic cars.

I must be doing something wrong with my 88 Chevy Blazer with 197,000 miles on it, or my 90 Chevy GTZ with 194,000 miles on it.

Grow up.
    01-15-09 10:58 AM
    saleen nailed it i believe.....on the bottom of the radio is a little thing that looks like a camera lens it is where HVAC system picks up in car temp....make sure your not blocking that
    01-15-09 11:06 AM
    I have already heard of the Storm locking car doors, so who knows?
    01-15-09 11:12 AM
    My Storm locked me in my car, drove me to the bar and made me drink last night...
    01-15-09 11:20 AM
    My Storm locked me in my car, drove me to the bar and made me drink last night...
    What a coincidence, mine did too!
    01-15-09 11:24 AM
    Do a battery pull on your car. Should fix the problem
    01-15-09 11:50 AM
    How could they release this crappy phone wiothout testing for this?!? ;-)
    01-15-09 12:00 PM
    hey if mine drove me to the bar i wouldnt want to fix it!
    01-15-09 12:07 PM
    That's funny. When the ipod first came out a friend of mine and I installed a fm transmitter in his moms Honda odessy (sp) van. When we turned it on the gages went crazy and the odometer jumped like 5000 miles in only 30 seconds.

That's a perfect excuse for why youre bringing the lease back way over mileage.

Posted from my Laptop because I wanted to.
    01-15-09 12:08 PM
    Ghost in the machine...
    I always think the same thing.

I think these Storms are all haunted too - LMAO.
    01-15-09 12:19 PM
    The HVAC system in the car actually powers off. I realize it could be a coincidence, but can't remember it happening before.

Thanks to those that offered suggestions/opinions. When I told Verizon they looked at me very strangely. I guess I can't blame them it sounds very weird to me also.
    01-15-09 12:26 PM
    Gawd. I didn't realize it was still "chic" to bash domestic cars.

I must be doing something wrong with my 88 Chevy Blazer with 197,000 miles on it, or my 90 Chevy GTZ with 194,000 miles on it.

Grow up.
    Generally speaking of course. there are ALWAYS the exceptions. I'm not gonna lie, Domestic cars have come a long way and nothing comes close in terms of looks when it comes to the new line of cadillacs. I've been working with cars since I was 14 (when I first learned how to do an oil change). I can definately say that domestics just aren't put together solidly enough.

sorry though, back on topic.

BTW, since you're so awesome with cars what do you think of Hyundai's?

...exactly...

I'm not being a fanboy, BMW, Audi's and MBenz's all kinda suck in terms of reliability.

Basically it all boils down to scooter man taking his own advice. carry on, cheers.
    Last edited by whtciv2k; 01-15-09 at 12:38 PM.
    01-15-09 12:31 PM
    lol. You may laugh, but did you know that on OBDII and above ECUs, when power gets cut on them, they reset back to the OEM base timing/fuel maps. Then it reuses the O2 sensor feedback after driving to tailor the maps based on your driving style to give you best gas millage and power. Turbo cars tend to do this a lot more then NA, but NA cars do it as well in some respects. Newer transmission control modules (TCM) in auto cars do the same thing based on your accelerator input to gauge when to shift down and how quickly.

So, a battery pull does work on a car as well.

Oh and as to the OP's problem... I think the term "home made" might have something to do with it. If you ghetto rigged the power connections, that's probably your problem. If you simply meant "home made" for the physical cradle itself and none of the power adapters or connectors, then it's probably not connected. But I would still look at an issue with whatever you're using to draw power from the car. BTW, on some new cars there's a temp sensor built into the auto climate control on the dash of the car. Looks like a small grille somwhere around the climate controls. If you are by chance blocking that or if the heat coming out of a vent is bouncing off the back of your cradle and into that port, that might be why your heat turns off. It cannot sense the proper temp in the car (ambient) because every time the heater comes on, it gets thrown back into that temp sensor port. Just a thought.
    01-15-09 12:41 PM
    lol. You may laugh, but did you know that on OBDII and above ECUs, when power gets cut on them, they reset back to the OEM base timing/fuel maps. Then it reuses the O2 sensor feedback after driving to tailor the maps based on your driving style to give you best gas millage and power. Turbo cars tend to do this a lot more then NA, but NA cars do it as well in some respects. Newer transmission control modules (TCM) in auto cars do the same thing based on your accelerator input to gauge when to shift down and how quickly.

Look at that...fun fact! Learn something new every day I guess.
    01-15-09 12:44 PM

Oh and as to the OP's problem... I think the term "home made" might have something to do with it. If you ghetto rigged the power connections, that's probably your problem. If you simply meant "home made" for the physical cradle itself and none of the power adapters or connectors, then it's probably not connected. But I would still look at an issue with whatever you're using to draw power from the car. BTW, on some new cars there's a temp sensor built into the auto climate control on the dash of the car. Looks like a small grille somwhere around the climate controls. If you are by chance blocking that or if the heat coming out of a vent is bouncing off the back of your cradle and into that port, that might be why your heat turns off. It cannot sense the proper temp in the car (ambient) because every time the heater comes on, it gets thrown back into that temp sensor port. Just a thought.
    LOL you're right. I do remember to reset an OBDII ecu you can do a "battery pull". speaking of which I have a check engine light, checked the code and it looks like I need to swap out my exhaust o2 . looks like I'll be spending a few hours with the lift this weekend.
    01-15-09 12:46 PM
    LOL you're right. I do remember to reset an OBDII ecu you can do a "battery pull". speaking of which I have a check engine light, checked the code and it looks like I need to swap out my exhaust o2 . looks like I'll be spending a few hours with the lift this weekend.
    That depends on which sensor it is and on what car. If you've messed with the CATs at all, it could be due to that, but that tends to happen within a few miles... I'm sure you would have made the connection in your mind if that's the case.
    01-15-09 12:51 PM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD