I have been having issues w/ my strom just recently. Most of this unwanted activity happens when using the keyboard. When typing, little squares that take up two or more rows of the keyboard, pop up and cover the letters. The boxes have stripes in them. If you know where to hit on the keyboard, the letter will still register and the box will disappear. This happens constantly.
    Also when using the browser, when typing the letters do not show in the "go to" area. They are registering, but they do not register till you hit the 4th or 5th letter and then they appear in the "go to" area.
    Lastly, my screen will move. It can flip and the screen will reverse. Everything will show backwards, pictures and writing. Funny thing is, the screen still works normal, as if it is not flipped. Lets say you originally have your Downloads icon on the far left side, now that the screen is reversed, it is on the far right side. but you still have to click where it was in its original location to open it. So even though its on the right side, and backwards, you still must push on the left side.
    Honestly, I believe it is a software problem, but I need advice.
    I'm using v.132
    (sorry no digital camera to take picture at the moment)
    05-22-09 12:42 AM
    Try .148 if you think its software?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 12:51 AM
    If you really want to know if it is software, i would uninstall ALL rim software from your computer, install one OS (.75 or maybe .148 depending on how you feel) . You may have to double check the registry to see if there are any outstanding entries related to the storm software to be sure.

Wipe the device using JLCommander, and install the os on to it.

Try some batt pulls just after the install is fully complete, and see how that goes. If that does not work, then it is most likely a hardware issue
    05-22-09 12:44 PM
    Did you ever resolve this issue? My wife's Storm just started doing this exact same thing today. She is also running .132.

The bad part is she is on vacation (I'm not) and doesn't have a way to reload .75 or .148.

I have been having issues w/ my strom just recently. Most of this unwanted activity happens when using the keyboard. When typing, little squares that take up two or more rows of the keyboard, pop up and cover the letters. The boxes have stripes in them. If you know where to hit on the keyboard, the letter will still register and the box will disappear. This happens constantly.
    Also when using the browser, when typing the letters do not show in the "go to" area. They are registering, but they do not register till you hit the 4th or 5th letter and then they appear in the "go to" area.
    Lastly, my screen will move. It can flip and the screen will reverse. Everything will show backwards, pictures and writing. Funny thing is, the screen still works normal, as if it is not flipped. Lets say you originally have your Downloads icon on the far left side, now that the screen is reversed, it is on the far right side. but you still have to click where it was in its original location to open it. So even though its on the right side, and backwards, you still must push on the left side.
    Honestly, I believe it is a software problem, but I need advice.
    I'm using v.132
    (sorry no digital camera to take picture at the moment)
    05-28-09 08:11 PM
    I've been running .132 Hybrid since it came out and have never had this issue. I can't think of what could be causing this. Are you running a hybrid?

Maybe you should do a wipe and reload the os without 3rd party apps and test it. This usually works with issues like this.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 08:45 PM
    No hybrids, plain .132.
    Unfortunately she is in a remote area of Colorado where they just heard about dialup internet last week, high speed is 28.8k for them. So I'm overnighting her a CD with the BB software and .75 and .148 so she can do a clean install.

Some additional info in case anyone is interested.
    I had her try pressing the screen, both light tap and clicks, in areas where there were not any keys (e.g. the white space above the keyboard when sending a TXT). She did not observe any screen glitches. We repeated this on several applications with the phone in several orientations. All were unable to replicate the glitching unless she pressed an actual keyboard key. This leads me to believe it is software related. If it was the screen hardware it should do it no matter where she presses the screen.

Also, this started happening right after she used the "Word To Go" application. Don't know it this is related or not, but just a bit strange.... Even after deleting the "ToGo" apps and several battery pulls later, it is still doing it. I hope new firmware fixes it.
    05-28-09 09:30 PM
    It looks like it was hardware after all. Today her Storm totally lost its screen. It is now black all the time. We tried a JL Commander wipe and reload to .75 but it didn't help. So now we are waiting on a replacement from VZW.
    05-29-09 08:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD