I take sales calls all day long and constantly people cant understand me, or hear me sometimes.

I had a 8310 with AT&T, then switched to the Storm. Im on my second Storm and have used every OS so far. I just got a jawbone2, hoping this would help.

It seemed like I had better voice quality with the 8310.

Anybody else use your Storm for business?

I love the Storm, but I may have to downgrade to a curve. Would AT&T waive my termination fee if I came back for a Bold?
    01-13-09 12:02 AM
    It sounds like you are having a carrier issue more than a device issue.
    01-13-09 12:04 AM
    I take sales calls all day long and constantly people cant understand me, or hear me sometimes.

I had a 8310 with AT&T, then switched to the Storm. Im on my second Storm and have used every OS so far. I just got a jawbone2, hoping this would help.

It seemed like I had better voice quality with the 8310.

Anybody else use your Storm for business?

I love the Storm, but I may have to downgrade to a curve. Would AT&T waive my termination fee if I came back for a Bold?
    Did you ever do the *228 option 2 ?
    01-13-09 12:05 AM
    its a phone design flaw. on your next call, put it on speaker, and hold the phone horizontal, with the bottom facing you. they will hear you clearly. voice is muffled by the mic hole on the the storm.
    01-13-09 12:08 AM
    its a phone design flaw. on your next call, put it on speaker, and hold the phone horizontal, with the bottom facing you. they will hear you clearly. voice is muffled by the mic hole on the the storm.
    He's still having issues even with his bluetooth Jawbone headset...
    01-13-09 12:14 AM
    He's still having issues even with his bluetooth Jawbone headset...
    Ya kinda sounds like a carrier issue. The *228 should reallocate your phone with the local towers like previously stated. What kind of service are you getting in your location? Poor, good?
    01-13-09 12:22 AM
    just says he got a JB2...sounds more like he ordered it to see if it will help. but i am tired, so sue me if i misread that :-P
    01-13-09 12:33 AM
    I have the same basic issue as well.

The microphone quality on a regular call is poor on the two Storms I have for my business. People tell me it sounds like I have my thumb (or something else) covering my microphone. It annoys so much that I may return the phones because of it.

So can someone clarify this for me; Is it a design issue, hardware issue, software issue, or is it just my phones?
    01-13-09 12:52 AM
    easiest way to test the hardware is the way i posted above. use the speaker phone, and make sure the opening for the mic is facing your mouth when you speak. if its clear, its the design flaw
    01-13-09 01:18 AM
    It's just your phones. If it was ALL Storms, you'd have a lot more people complain. Pick up some replacements.
    01-13-09 01:19 AM
    It's just your phones. If it was ALL Storms, you'd have a lot more people complain. Pick up some replacements.
    also a valid point, tho i tend to txt/email/im more with my BB versus my old winmo phone, so i wouldnt notice as much anyways
    Last edited by causey; 01-13-09 at 01:25 AM.
    01-13-09 01:22 AM
    FWIW, I'm in my car about 10 hours a day. CT is a hands free state and I hate Bluetooth, so I use
    the speaker phone all the time. I place the phone on my laptop mount, which is located
    at about the center of my dashboard, and about two feet from my face. Anyone I speak with
    says the sound quality great. So I don't know if its just that all Bluetooths are horrible
    or that the Storm's speaker phone is just great.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 02:19 AM
    Mine works perfectly and I'm a heavy sales business user, doing quite a few thousand minutes a month.
    01-13-09 02:39 AM
    No issues with voice quality here.

To the OP's second question, ATT will take you back, waive your ETF and should re-instate your roll over minutes.

Carriers love it when you come back.
    01-13-09 07:51 AM
    Make sure you don't have anything obstructing the mic hole at the bottom of the phone. IO had a similar problem but it was because my skin wasn't on properly and was partially covering the mic hole. Also I know someone that put an Invishield on their storm and they also had the hole partially blocked and had the same problem. It's a real small mic slot (1 mm diameter) so any small obstruction will probably cause a problem in voice quailty.
    01-13-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD