Computer World. Well now it has to be true.........

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 08:53 AM
    "The Wall Street Journal reported that unnamed sources �familiar with the matter� of Storm sales said about 500,000 Storms have been sold since the debut on Black Friday. In contrast, AT&T, the sole carrier offering Apple�s iPhone 3G, reported 2.4 million iPhones were sold in the touch-screen device�s first three months on the market. "

I actually had read that the Storm sold .5 million units in its first MONTH, not since Black Friday (which would be 2 months).

Who knows? All these news outlets just take the same old news, reword it and republish it with new errors.
    01-29-09 09:01 AM
    combined with the negative welcome that the Storm has went through,
    Any journalist that spends 4 years post HS learning how to wordsmith and then makes basic grammar mistakes doesn't get credit for facts...

I'm not agreeing with just piling on to the negativity either. CK (not the poser C-K) and I differ in this respect, but the point remains, the sales figures ARE in dispute. The questions are:

1. Is the 1M number ALL Storms (US and Foreign markets combined)? Or just Verizon. Verizon never said IT had SOLELY sold 1M storms. (I think this is CKs original point)

2. Do they mean SOLD (and retained sold) or just MOVED 1M storms?

3. Is the 1M number simply a journalist extrapolation of the 500k in the first month number?

I agree we will have to wait and see the "real" numbers, but I also don't see how it matters. Verizon will post whatever figure makes them look the best. Magazines will post whatever won't get them sued, and we will still be here niggling over the details.
    01-29-09 09:57 AM
    Verizon never said IT had SOLELY sold 1M storms. (I think this is CKs original point)
    gracias amigo. After repeating myself 22 times and countless links the encrypted hard to crack code has been decoded : )

01-29-09 10:24 AM
    Any journalist that spends 4 years post HS learning how to wordsmith and then makes basic grammar mistakes doesn't get credit for facts...

I'm not agreeing with just piling on to the negativity either. CK (not the poser C-K) and I differ in this respect, but the point remains, the sales figures ARE in dispute. The questions are:

1. Is the 1M number ALL Storms (US and Foreign markets combined)? Or just Verizon. Verizon never said IT had SOLELY sold 1M storms. (I think this is CKs original point)

3. Is the 1M number simply a journalist extrapolation of the 500k in the first month number?

I agree we will have to wait and see the "real" numbers, but I also don't see how it matters. Verizon will post whatever figure makes them look the best. Magazines will post whatever won't get them sued, and we will still be here niggling over the details.
    When the numbers are "officially" released if it says net sales it includes returns. Due to accounting rules vzw can't just make up numbers to look good, they would also get sued by investors for this. They aren't going to risk that much for a few crackpot websites and the theorists on crackberry.

01-29-09 10:41 AM

I guess you missed it the other 5-10 times its been posted. I will lay it out in bold for you one more time.

THE PRESIDENT AND COO OF VERIZON, DENNY STRIGL, IS THE ONE WHO GAVE OUT THE 1 MILLION UNITS SOLD NUMBER DURING AN EARNINGS CONFERENCE CALL. He doesn't report numbers for other companies and since he said that Verizon sold 1 million units, its safe to assume that he meant what he said and wasn't adding other companies sales numbers into his own companies numbers.

I know CK is having a problem understanding that; will you? Denny Strigls' name has been given to him multiple times in this thread and yet he still claims it was a "mystery spokesperson". You seem to have missed it too. I hope some of you are children because your reading comprehension skills are at a grade school level.

As for returns. Verizon has already mentioned numerous times that returns for the storm are within the norm for the smart phones in their lineup, single digits! Goldman came out with a report the other day backing up what Verizon has been saying. They state that their retail checks show that the storm is Verizons best selling device and returns are low; contrary to internet RUMORS.
    Last edited by K-redtbk; 01-29-09 at 10:51 AM.
    01-29-09 10:45 AM
    I think jdoc was just posting without reading through everything. Ck will ignore anything that contradicts him even if it hits him in the face. I'm sure now **** just claim we can't trust vzw or since its not on their website uys not legit. Yet the website he links to fill of popups and garbage news is lol.

01-29-09 11:29 AM
    I sell verizon in a po-dunk little redneck town of appx 3500 people in Northeast P.A....Now I'm not saying how many units Verizon has sold as a total, because I have no idea...no official releases that I've seen, but I know that in the 2 years before the storm came out I sold a total of 10-15 blackberrys (curve, pearl, etc.) since the storm has come out I've sold about 30 in the last 2 months, and of those 30 I sold we only had 1 that had a problem that we have heard about, and that was a complaint that he was "muffled" when he talked to everyone, exchanged the phone, no problems since. So as far as I can see, in my personal experience, the storm is selling very good, but that's just around here, I don't know about anywhere else though.
    01-29-09 11:40 AM

1 million in just the US. Read em and weep.
    01-29-09 11:47 AM
    I think jdoc was just posting without reading through everything. Ck will ignore anything that contradicts him even if it hits him in the face. I'm sure now **** just claim we can't trust vzw or since its not on their website uys not legit. Yet the website he links to fill of popups and garbage news is lol.

incorrect Hawse ... Again when and if "official" numbers are released then I will believe. Until then flame away and dont forget to wipe your chin ; )

In regards to the website(s) everything was intact and not saturated with garbage and pop-ups when I posted links.

*edit: The Kool-Aid folks. The Kool-Aid....get your heads out of the gutter : )*
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 01-29-09 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Language
    01-29-09 11:59 AM
    incorrect Hawse .... Again when and if "official" numbers are released then I will believe. Until then flame away and dont forget to wipe your chin ; )

In regards to the website(s) everything was intact and not saturated with garbage and pop-ups when I posted links.
    I guess the President of Verizons statement isn't official enough for you.

Verizon, based in New York, introduced the touch-screen BlackBerry Storm, an iPhone rival, in late November and has sold one million units of the device so far, according to Verizon President and Chief Operating Officer Denny Strigl.

Some users have complained about early glitches with the Storm, but Mr. Strigl said the company is "very happy with the device. We think it's doing well." He estimated that Verizon could have sold about 200,000 more Storms if inventory wasn't limited at its debut.
    Verizon Adds New Users as It Battles With iPhone - WSJ.com

I mean how could it be with all the info you've read on the interwebz

Haha, you remind me of 9/11 truthers. I bet you believe the planes were holograms and the fire department 'pulled' building 7 lol
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 01-29-09 at 12:26 PM.
    01-29-09 12:08 PM
    incorrect Hawse ... Again when and if "official" numbers are released then I will believe. Until then flame away and dont forget to wipe your chin ; )

*edit: The Kool-Aid folks. The Kool-Aid....get your heads out of the gutter : )*
    If the Prez saying it in an investors conference isnt enough for you neither will a sentence on their website. They risk class action lawsuits for lying to everyone in an investors meeting but you still think its BS..lmao. You are a tool. As soon as they release the official numbers you'll start finding other ways to discount it I'm sure.

Point is, there is more of a factual basis supporting the 1mil number at this point then there is contracdiction so you're a fool for making this thread and trying to argue otherwise. Carry on though and good luck with your endeavor. I feel you are very close to debunking this whole storm conspiracy and finding out the truth! Maybe Michael Moore will make a documentary on it and you can star in it.
    01-29-09 12:45 PM
    Does anyone have the Verizon President's statement in a "Quote" from any article?

If I missed it by not reading through everything, that's my bad, but he's not legally on the hook for anything if journalists aren't willing to say, that the Verizon president said that "Verizon has Sold 1 million Storms". <-- It also has to be shown just like that.

If for example, they put it like this: The Verizon president says that "1 million Storms have been sold" ... that has a different meaning.

I'm sorry if this is nit-picky, but in the post Bill Clinton era where the definition of "is" is potentially in dispute, the two are not equivalent.

I don't care one way or the other, but I like to make the academic point as usual... lol.
    01-29-09 05:19 PM
    Does anyone have the Verizon President's statement in a "Quote" from any article?

If I missed it by not reading through everything, that's my bad, but he's not legally on the hook for anything if journalists aren't willing to say, that the Verizon president said that "Verizon has Sold 1 million Storms". <-- It also has to be shown just like that.

If for example, they put it like this: The Verizon president says that "1 million Storms have been sold" ... that has a different meaning.

I'm sorry if this is nit-picky, but in the post Bill Clinton era where the definition of "is" is potentially in dispute, the two are not equivalent.

I don't care one way or the other, but I like to make the academic point as usual... lol.
    This is why I believe you'll never admit the numbers are correcct short of a phone call from Verizon's COO, the hiring of independant accountants to audit their books and a bearded man in a robe coming down a mountain carrying 2 stone tablets stating the 1m units were sold.

You're not being nit-picky. You don't want to accept that you're wrong.
    01-29-09 09:11 PM
    I'm not wrong, and you're not right. This is like the proverbial "pics and video or it didn't happen".

The CEO in Quotes saying, "Verizon sold 1 million Storms" from a reputable journal or it didn't happen.
    01-29-09 11:03 PM
    5 pages of straight complaining in this thread lol.
    01-30-09 11:04 AM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD