Heres an article. Seems VZW would be bragging about those sales figures but they were strangely silent..........

Why hide sales figures? Fearful of having to reveal return rates? You decide........

Verizon Earnings Up, but Are BlackBerry Storm Sales Slow?
    01-28-09 02:36 PM
    01-28-09 02:38 PM
    yea if you count all the people who have gotten 4 replacements as 4 phones sold then sure.
    01-28-09 02:54 PM
    endgadget? LOL

Here's VZW press release on wireless copied and pasted along with a link to show you I did not edit anything. Show me where it says 1M Storm units sold.

Verizon | Verizon Reports Sustained Revenue Growth and Continued Strong Cash Flows for 4Q and Full-Year 2008

Customers across the country lined up to purchase the new BlackBerry Storm, available exclusively in the U.S. from Verizon Wireless and launched in November. Designed for both consumers and business customers, the BlackBerry Storm offers customers the reliability of the Verizon Wireless 3G network and the full power of a revolutionary touch-screen, multimedia smartphone with global connectivity.
    01-28-09 03:04 PM
    01-28-09 03:07 PM
    01-28-09 03:08 PM
    Heres an article. Seems VZW would be bragging about those sales figures but they were strangely silent..........

Why hide sales figures? Fearful of having to reveal return rates? You decide........

Why are you here, and why do you bother?
    01-28-09 03:10 PM
    Crackberry???? even more legit than endgadget.

endgadget? LOL

Here's VZW press release on wireless copied and pasted along with a link to show you I did not edit anything. Show me where it says 1M Storm units sold.

Verizon | Verizon Reports Sustained Revenue Growth and Continued Strong Cash Flows for 4Q and Full-Year 2008

Customers across the country lined up to purchase the new BlackBerry Storm, available exclusively in the U.S. from Verizon Wireless and launched in November. Designed for both consumers and business customers, the BlackBerry Storm offers customers the reliability of the Verizon Wireless 3G network and the full power of a revolutionary touch-screen, multimedia smartphone with global connectivity.
    01-28-09 03:10 PM
    Ignore the good one. Smart tactic. I don't like looking stupid either.
    01-28-09 03:44 PM
    The BlackBerry Storm smart phone, put on sale Nov. 21 exclusively by Verizon in the U.S., has sold 1 million units through January, company officials said today.

"That's not a bumpy start," a spokeswoman said today, in reaction to a recent report in the Wall Street Journal that characterized the rollout and a quick software update as "bumpy."
    01-28-09 03:45 PM
    From Fortune, how the iPhone has helped drive AT&T's wireless growth:

1. AT&T has activated 4.3 million iPhone 3Gs since its launch, 1.9 million in Q4 alone -- more than double its iPhone activations one year earlier.

2. The average revenue from Phone users is 60% higher than the typical AT&T customer -- thanks to that $30 per month data fee. Their heavy use of Web services helped drive AT&T wireless data use up 51.2% year to year.

3. About 40% of the iPhone activations this quarter were new AT&T customers, either buying their first cellphone or switching from another carrier.

4. The churn rate -- the percentage of customers who drop AT&T's service -- among iPhone owners is significantly lower than the rest of the network, sharply reducing marketing costs.
    01-28-09 04:15 PM
    Ignore the good one. Smart tactic. I don't like looking stupid either.
    Your getting your info off computer world. That's the good one? : )

Go to Verizons actual page that I posted and also read the first article

VZW did NOT release official numbers.

I have an idea. Let's make it real easy. Read the OFFICIAL release from Verizon then post what you find.

BTW Hawse, drop the muse you can't hide ; )

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-09 04:54 PM
    Denial. I know it hurts.
    01-28-09 04:58 PM

You may be correct. The stories about 1 million units being sold was started at Computer World and perpetuated and repeated by numerous other sites around the net yet the number was not officially confirmed by VZW. Very, very odd. If the numbers were that good I would think VZW would want to get that information out there. You could assume that the numbers are not that good or that they don't want to talk about the number of returns. But there isn't any information to back that up either.
    01-28-09 05:53 PM
    They are pretty smart to not cross that line. They put out a general statement with no numbers and did the right thing. They had a lot riding on the Storm and it came up short...........

Happens all the time. Nothing new.

Overall they did great with acquisition of Alltell, data plans, FIOS etc etc
    01-28-09 06:19 PM

I found the perfect phone for someone of your intelligence.

LeapFrog intros "smartphone" for you

01-28-09 07:37 PM
    I found the perfect phone for someone of your intelligence.

LeapFrog intros "smartphone" for you

Oh there will be complaints. That OS wasn't built from the ground up for that phone.
    01-28-09 07:40 PM
    Your getting your info off computer world. That's the good one? : )

Go to Verizons actual page that I posted and also read the first article

VZW did NOT release official numbers.

I have an idea. Let's make it real easy. Read the OFFICIAL release from Verizon then post what you find.

BTW Hawse, drop the muse you can't hide ; )

I hope you're not so stoned you think I care enough about you that I created an acct with a similar name to you? LMAO..thats f'in funny if you think that.
    01-28-09 07:52 PM
    Oh there will be complaints. That OS wasn't built from the ground up for that phone.
    Storm owners would return that thing so quickly, claiming the speed of the phone is too quick and it never reboots randomly. There's also no dust under the screen.

Can't please everybody, I guess.
    01-28-09 07:55 PM
    They are pretty smart to not cross that line. They put out a general statement with no numbers and did the right thing. They had a lot riding on the Storm and it came up short...........

Happens all the time. Nothing new.

Overall they did great with acquisition of Alltell, data plans, FIOS etc etc
    You seem really similar to the baby on your avatar.

A pothead that's a whiny b*tch. Any pro-Storm comment or fact is replied to by you. You start by shouting garbage, then crossing your arms and stomping your feet, and then you just fall on the floor crying and calling names.

Tell the truth. You're just mad you don't have one, fhaggot. Oh yeah, I had a Curve also, and it froze, glitched, and had to have NUMEROUS bat pulls. Actually, leaked OSs are STILL getting released to fix them.

You are a f*cking troll. Why would you constantly paTroll the Storm forums, hating? You don't have a Storm, you've never had a Storm, and untill it's a $99 bargain device in 3 years, you'll never get a Storm. Kick rocks, gheyfhag.
    01-28-09 08:03 PM
    It's sad someone is so unhappy they don't have one they feel the need to hang out here all the time.

Still, there are a million units out there. We'll give you a home on our forums even if the Curve forums are dead from lack of use.
    01-28-09 08:05 PM
    Storm owners would return that thing so quickly, claiming the speed of the phone is too quick and it never reboots randomly. There's also no dust under the screen.

Can't please everybody, I guess.
    Watch out the posse is here...where's jetman and jeep? Misewell complete the fagtastic 4

01-28-09 08:10 PM
    I think this may be the only forum I've ever been on that encourages trolling.
    01-28-09 08:17 PM
    Isn't it funny it's always the Curve owners starting stuff?

Envy must be a b$$$$$$$yotch.
    01-28-09 08:18 PM
    I think this may be the only forum I've ever been on that encourages trolling.
    I'd petition to become a mod but I'd bring the ban hammer down so swiftly forum traffic would die down within the hour.
    01-28-09 08:18 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD