Pretty as the device was, it was also a piece of crap and I couldn't return it fast enough and close up my VZW account I created just for the STORM and get rid of their lousy customer service.

I still have a bad taste in my mouth from VZW terrible launch tactics and I am real surprised at RIM for putting out such a sub-par device.

I happily return to my AT&T service and my superior device, namely the BOLD! IMO

Good Luck people!
    11-29-08 04:32 AM
    What is exactly the point of these types of threads? Crackberry has nothing to do with the VZW customer service nor the functionality of RIM software. It's really annoying that the Storm board keeps getting these, "I'm mad at VZW/RIM and I'm letting them know by posting on Crackberry.com", threads.

So Milky, your opinion is duely noted. But must we acknowlege everyone that's returning thier storm?

Gezzzzz...
    11-29-08 04:39 AM
    Must "we"? Nope. But Milky here, an individual who invested his time, money and interest in this device did, and he has every right to post his negative comments.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-29-08 04:47 AM
    Must "we"? Nope. But Milky here, an individual who invested his time, money and interest in this device did, and he has every right to post his negative comments.

True however he fails to realize just how superior the customer service on verizon is compared to the customer service on at&t he is basing his experience on a launch of a HUGE device for verizon. I have had both at&t and verizon for years and at&t's cs is very lacking of what verizons actually is.

I am not saying at&t is terrible... but verizon has went the extra mile.
    11-29-08 05:20 AM
    First off I have to agree with noaim. I had AT&t for 4 years as well as now Verizon for 6 years and in my opinion Verizon has much better customer service then at&t. Now with that being said if this guy wanted to inform us why he did not like the device and the steps he went through to solve his problem then I might validate this thread however with out any other information than he did not like the storm and returned it there really is no reason for this thread.
    11-29-08 05:27 AM
    Yes and its so helpful to the rest of us when someone who had problems with their Storm and those problems resulted in him returning it to explain those problems by saying it was "a piece of crap". SO DAMN ARTICULATE! Thanks for that insightful reasoning! So, I would agree threads like this are useless and probably should be RETURNED, GONE, and FORGOTTEN!
    11-29-08 05:33 AM
    Storm - Returned, Gone, Forgotten
    Obviously not 'forgotten' or you wouldn't have posted

True, but there are plenty of other threads with similar themes that he could have added his comments to rather than starting a new one.

True however he fails to realize just how superior the customer service on verizon is compared to the customer service on at&t he is basing his experience on a launch of a HUGE device for verizon. I have had both at&t and verizon for years and at&t's cs is very lacking of what verizons actually is.

I am not saying at&t is terrible... but verizon has went the extra mile.
    Yep... this is why VZW consistently gets rated #1 in customer satisfaction
    11-29-08 06:44 AM
    I couldn't get off of at&t quick enough. I'm much happier with verizon. I personally think the storm is a solid device that ,granted has some issues, but seems to be willing to deal with them. I think one of the biggest challenges is trying to find where a device that is set up more for a multimedia experience is going to fit into a traditionally business focused demographic. I personally hope it does well and the apps keep coming. Expanding your customer base isn't always a bad thing. Sorry the phone didn't fit your needs though, and I'm glad you're happy again.
    11-29-08 06:45 AM
    Chees, TheMilkyWay was just giving his opinion and you all jump down his throat! What law of the world says ya gotta give ALL the details of why you dislike something? eh? did God tell ya that? We all have our personal opinions of what is best or who is better than whom and that again is our personal opinion. Sorry bunch of imbeciles you guys are!
    11-29-08 06:58 AM
    Go post in the bold forum

11-29-08 07:09 AM
    Lol, well enjoy the bold. It's still a BlackBerry so you're not a total loss. The storm is not for everyone , I'm happy with it, but I know there's always going to be haters.

11-29-08 08:14 AM
    seriously, you post this in the storm forum. You needing some reassurance?
    11-29-08 08:20 AM
    Bye, take care.
    11-29-08 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD