Speaking of that sign up page...has anyone actually received an email from Verizon about it?? I haven't received one single email, and I even checked my junk folder. Alas, nothing. Has anyone received anything, and if so, what did it say??
    I also have not received a single email except for the one when I initially signed up. Actually, I think I recall an email saying check out what people think about the Storm...and sent me to that video posted on the Storm page...
    10-20-08 01:13 PM
    although sounds like a legitimate reason, i wouldn't believe everything that tech support or instore reps tell you until verizon officially announces it
    Its true. Release date rescheduled for the 15th of November. We want things to be perfect, weve learned from ATTs little mistakes.
    10-20-08 01:21 PM
    Its true. Release date rescheduled for the 15th of November. We want things to be perfect, weve learned from ATTs little mistakes.
    Who is we?

Do you work for VZW?

Nov 15th is a Saturday too.
    10-20-08 01:27 PM
    Who is we?

Do you work for VZW?

Nov 15th is a Saturday too.
    I cant divulge if I work for them or not, because then Id have to kill you.
    10-20-08 01:33 PM
    That's all you.

I don't mind constant updates, it makes me feel like I am getting my money's worth and they are listening to us. Going 2 years with one update makes me wonder what they are doing. I know the BB is solid OS and that's why it doesn't need updates, but they need to keep up with the times and do more updates. Just my 2 cents.
    Volt, i too don't mind updates to address add-ons and new features. all i was sayin is the vz w and ri m want to release a solid OS. no bugs or crashes.
    10-20-08 06:34 PM
    Volt, i too don't mind updates to address add-ons and new features. all i was sayin is the vz w and ri m want to release a solid OS. no bugs or crashes.
    Yeah that makes sense.

Thought apparently someone got a call today from their VZW rep that said it's suppose to come out the 30th or 1st.
    10-20-08 06:44 PM
    hmmm... that new Storm Training document that Kevin posted on the front page seems to imply that aGPS will be locked to VZnav.

did we already know this?
    10-20-08 06:51 PM
    hmmm... that new Storm Training document that Kevin posted on the front page seems to imply that aGPS will be locked to VZnav.

Yes. aGPS (cell tower assisted for faster lock times) will be locked to VZNav, while standalone GPS (direct satellite connection with slightly longer lock times) will be open and available to 3rd party apps like BB Maps, Google Maps, etc.
    10-20-08 08:09 PM
    I've never seen VZW release phones on a Sat.
    10-20-08 08:20 PM
    I talked to a store rep last week they said they dont even knw anything about the storm release date and said they dont find anything out usually til about the week before the phone is actually released.

I'm interested in it, however I'm gonna wait for about 2 mos before i get one just in case there are issues!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-20-08 08:37 PM

I have no idea why I posted this in this thread.
    10-20-08 10:43 PM
    Why Do You Type Like This?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    some peoples phones capitalize everything LOL

I asked the vzw lady today when the storm comes out and she said she dont know.
    Last edited by Sesso; 10-20-08 at 10:47 PM. Reason: cuz
    10-20-08 10:46 PM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD