I was wondering if anyone would have any info or feedback for me. My previous phone was a 8330 curve that was great. I never had any problems with the phone in making calls or signal issues. I live in a somewhat rurual area and ever since getting the storm 2 I have all kinds of drop calls or calls that fail to even connect in places that worked fine on my curve. Is the curve's radio that much better?

I have wondered if they designed the storm 2 differently to conserve power either due to the dual radio cdma/gsm (by decreasing power output) or because of the larger screen.

I have a friend with a tour and his is kinda the same way which would make sense because of it being a world phone as well and probably using the same chip.

Also I would be curious if the curve 2 being only CDMA would have a stronger radio power output more similar to the original curve.

The storm2 will show -100db where as setting next to it is the 8330 and it shows -85db

I am currently running .607 but have used all previous leaks and officials with the same results.

I am not complaining because I love the phone and can't see my self going back to the curve becuase where I spend most of my time has no reception problems at all.
    I was just looking for other user's experience or oppinions about it.
    04-27-10 08:16 PM
    I often drive between cell areas.
    I switched from a Curve 8310 to a Storm2 and found no difference in reception.
    04-27-10 09:00 PM
    I actually find that my S2 usually has a better signal than my 8330 did. The S2's signal seems to fluctuate a lot more than the Curve's did. But, day-to-day, I'd say the reception is better overall.
    04-28-10 02:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD