My BB Storm 1 (9530) running 5.0.0.328 (for a while now) has just decided to start re-booting almost daily, at different times, and with no relation to available memory, etc.

has anyone else seen an uptick in reboots?

I am so over this storm. 5 weeks before I can get a new phone on my Verizon contract. Android here I come (I will never own another RIM product unless it is forced into my hand by some future employer who is footing the bill).

Looks like the Storm 1 is selling well on ebay for at least $100, so I'll get out of it with some cash back. That's the least I can say for my almost 2-year experiment with this POS.

I think I can handle another 6 weeks of reboots, but I'm surprised. it was actually stable for a while, and while i run a bunch of fairly standard apps, I haven't added anything new or updated in a while.

Storm 1/9530/Verizon, running:
    - Pattern Lock Lite
    - Mobile Banking
    - Regular BB Browser
    - Opera Mini (I don't get the hype here - 3 separate clicks to quit the app??? lame)
    - Facebook
    - Thompson/Reuters News
    - Forbes News
    - Google Maps
    - YouTube
    - Weather Bug
    - OpenTable
    - Superpages Mobile
    - Yelp
    - UrbanSpoon
    - Poynt
    - Visible Vote
    07-02-10 01:56 PM
    when the phone reboots, does the led shine red for a while, and there is a very dark white screen in the back that you can't read what it says?
    07-08-10 04:48 AM
    when the phone reboots, does the led shine red for a while, and there is a very dark white screen in the back that you can't read what it says?

For me yes. I had to the VZ store to get it fixed, but now when I try to plug in the USB to Pc, The Reboot sequence starts over again. I have searched the forums and tried all the tricks that were posted and nothing works.

Sorry didn't mean to take over the OP's Thread, But I am about to run over my Storm with a Dump Truck!!!!
    07-08-10 05:49 PM
    Well that's happening to me sometimes too.
    That white screen complains about the modem
    Lyr's 748 hybrid took this away.
    I would like to know exactly what COD is responsible though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-10 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD