Honestly, I'm glad some of you are very happy with your Storms. That's GREAT. But for many of us this phone has been a bloody disaster. We're not interested in hearing others say "stop whining." If you had these issues you'd understand why people are unhappy. The Storm is a lousy phone in more ways than I care to list.

I think the best thing to do would be for the Mods to make a separate section for storm Rants. Those who are happy with their phone can stay out...and those who are tired of their Storm can complain all they want. Frankly, I think having an outlet for all the frustration caused by this phone is the only reason more of them aren't flung at the wall.
    05-20-09 03:10 PM
    That would be a disaster to have, the threads would never stay on topic and people would turn it into bashfest, and it would get way out of hand.

And not to be the person you seem to hate, but honestly, whats so bad about your phone that makes you feel so strongly about hating it? and if you hate it so much, have you thought of selling and picking up a curve or anything?!
    05-20-09 03:16 PM
    I don't get it.... you want the Rants/Raves section split into 2 separate sections? And the point would be so all the complainers can have their own forum and the apologists theirs?
    05-20-09 03:21 PM
    Honestly, I'm glad some of you are very happy with your Storms. That's GREAT. But for many of us this phone has been a bloody disaster. We're not interested in hearing others say "stop whining." If you had these issues you'd understand why people are unhappy. The Storm is a lousy phone in more ways than I care to list.

I think the best thing to do would be for the Mods to make a separate section for storm Rants. Those who are happy with their phone can stay out...and those who are tired of their Storm can complain all they want. Frankly, I think having an outlet for all the frustration caused by this phone is the only reason more of them aren't flung at the wall.
    I'm sorry you don't like your phone but I don't understand why so many people still have a phone they hate when Verizon gives you 30 days to return it. 30 days seem like a fair amount of time to determine if you enjoy it or not, and obviously you don't, so why don't (didn't) you return it?

Believe me, I know there is nothing more frustrating than having an electronic item that’s sole purpose is to assist you fail. Whenever my work computer crashes it ruins my day so I can relate to you phone issues but that is why they give us 30 days to try it out.
    05-20-09 03:22 PM
    That's fine...RIM deserves to be bashed for making this phone.

As for getting rid of it, I probably will. Personally I don't like the idea of selling someone CRAP...which is why I wouldn't sell it. (Guess my ethics differ from those of the RIM boys).

When I've had it for a year and it's cheaper to upgrade, yeah, I will get rid of it. In the meantime I've invested a lot of money and time into this phone. And the only reason I kept it beyond the 30 days is b/c I was assured that an update would be out shortly...after 6 months of ownership I've yet to see it.

And yeah, I think having a forum for just complaints would be great. That way, people who keep writing things like "stop whining" "RIM will make it right" can just stay out if they're tired of reading the complaints. Now if they want to read them and retort anyway....that's their perogative...but at least no one would have to continually argue about the value of negative posts.
    Last edited by nm4710; 05-20-09 at 03:28 PM.
    05-20-09 03:23 PM
    That's fine...RIM deserves to be bashed for making this phone.

As for getting rid of it, I probably will. Personally I don't like the idea of selling someone CRAP...which is why I wouldn't sell it. (Ironic b/c RIM basically sold me this POS...which is why I would never even consider purchasing a curve).

When I've had it for a year and it's cheaper to upgrade, yeah, I will get rid of it. In the meantime I've invested a lot of money and time into this phone.
    you still have failed to list ANY of your LEGIT complaints about the phone.

And, RIM didnt knock on your door to ask you to buy the phone, you went to the Verizon Store, or website, and bought the phone all by yourself, or maybe with your friends, but I am quite sure you werent forced to do it, it was a choice, that you had 30 days to change.
    05-20-09 03:25 PM
    Agreed, you could have returned the device and got a different model, but you didn't. You have no one to blame but yourself, not Verizon or RIM, now man up...
    05-20-09 03:28 PM
    I think you people should quit complaining, cuz noone here gives a damn about your storm rants anyway. They put them in section of your own so you people can whine about it all day, but really whos gonna fix your problem here? NOONE.

Verizon and RIM do not own these forums so your whines and cries go unheard...
    05-20-09 03:28 PM
    I'm sorry you don't like your phone but I don't understand why so many people still have a phone they hate when Verizon gives you 30 days to return it. 30 days seem like a fair amount of time to determine if you enjoy it or not, and obviously you don't, so why don't (didn't) you return it?

Believe me, I know there is nothing more frustrating than having an electronic item that’s sole purpose is to assist you fail. Whenever my work computer crashes it ruins my day so I can relate to you phone issues but that is why they give us 30 days to try it out.
    Please stop it with the 30 day thing. That doesn't apply to people who starting have problems a few months after they bought the Storm. Believe it or not, some people didn't have problem for maybe the first couple months they had it. So in that case, they were content. And then things started going wrong AFTER the 30 day period in which they had no real issues. So now they are on their 2nd or 3rd Storm and have grown to dislike it. You do know that just because someone doesn't like it now, may not have always felt that way? If my device started crapping out 3 months after I bought, I might be upset too. So please remember everyone didn't have problems within the 1st 30 days. Now if they had problems or didn't like it in the first 30 days but still kept it, then I have no sympathy.
    05-20-09 03:31 PM
    Please stop it with the 30 day thing. That doesn't apply to people who starting have problems a few months after they bought the Storm. Believe it or not, some people didn't have problem for maybe the first couple months they had it. So in that case, they were content. And then things started going wrong AFTER the 30 day period in which they had no real issues. So now they are on their 2nd or 3rd Storm and have grown to dislike it. You do know that just because someone doesn't like it now, may not have always felt that way? If my device started crapping out 3 months after I bought, I might be upset too. So please remember everyone didn't have problems within the 1st 30 days.
    Understood that people dont like it, but I honestly challenge anyone to go out and buy a touchscreen smart phone and use it daily for every task you do, and tell me that there is a better phone out there.

Everyone will be quick to say the iPhone, I already know. Except how about that the battery life wont last a full day with 3G on? Is that acceptable to you?

Also, what issues is everyone having? Is it because every BB noob went out to buy a Storm and they dont understand the BB OS? Partially yes, because nearly anyone who had a BB previously, they are NOT the ones bickering about how much they hate the storm and want to get rid of it. If thats how they felt, they acted on it, or fixed the issues that are at hand.

So still I ask, what issues are being had?
    05-20-09 03:35 PM
    Also, what issues is everyone having? Is it because every BB noob went out to buy a Storm and they dont understand the BB OS? Partially yes, because nearly anyone who had a BB previously, they are NOT the ones bickering about how much they hate the storm and want to get rid of it. If thats how they felt, they acted on it, or fixed the issues that are at hand.

Amen to that brotha!
    05-20-09 03:42 PM
    Is it because every BB noob went out to buy a Storm and they dont understand the BB OS? Partially yes, because nearly anyone who had a BB previously, they are NOT the ones bickering about how much they hate the storm and want to get rid of it. If thats how they felt, they acted on it, or fixed the issues that are at hand.

i have seen more then a few posts from people saying they were unhappy with there storm and going back to there curve...

just saying...

i don't care you guys can complain about the storm all you want and everyone else can insult them for it. i got a different phone and moved on, doesn't matter to me. but to say if someone is having problems and is unsatisfied with the storm must mean they don't know how to use a blackberry ! is just as ignorant as those who say every storm is junk and anyone who likes it is just a brain washed fanboy...

and why would anyone need to justify there being unhappy to anyone else in here, its the rant section, not the help section

back to your ranting everyone....
    05-20-09 03:45 PM
    I could understand all the complaining if it got you guys somewhere, but it hasn't and it will not. Get over it, the Storm was a failure, move on with your lives...
    05-20-09 03:49 PM
    i have seen more then a few posts from people saying they were unhappy with there storm and going back to there curve...

just saying...

i don't care you guys can complain about the storm all you want and everyone else can insult them for it. i got a different phone and moved on, doesn't matter to me. but to say if someone is having problems and is unsatisfied with the storm must mean they don't know how to use a blackberry ! is just as ignorant as those who say every storm is junk and anyone who likes it is just a brain washed fanboy...

back to your ranting everyone....

yes, there are plenty of people, and myself was almost one of them before the leaked OS. I wont lie.

And I never stated that everyone who had a problem was new, there are plenty of members that I have known for a while who got storms and had problems, but they had previous blackberry's which gave them the knowledge of how to handle the issues, and how to correct them, in a fashion that benefitted them, not became a big this sucks fest.

to me it doesnt matter either way, like it or hate it, its your phone, use what makes you happy.

but I just want to know what problems people have, and what they have done to try and solve them, because it appears as though nearly all the posts I read about people hating it dont list the problems or what they tried to fix it, they just know somethings wrong and its not magically fixed yet.

just my $.02
    05-20-09 03:50 PM
    Okay, here's the deal. This section is for RANTS and RAVES.
    Nothing would be served by segregating the two. As others have
    suggested the spillover would naturally occur and that would make
    containing the insanity all the more difficult.
    05-20-09 03:50 PM
    Understood that people dont like it, but I honestly challenge anyone to go out and buy a touchscreen smart phone and use it daily for every task you do, and tell me that there is a better phone out there.

Everyone will be quick to say the iPhone, I already know. Except how about that the battery life wont last a full day with 3G on? Is that acceptable to you?

Well your "challenge" is specific to the user. And that's it's major flaw. Since everyone doesn't do the same thing, a Storm, iPhone or any device wouldn't satisfy everyone. If you challenged me you'll lose, because I wanted on line when the Storm came out. And I took it back 3 weeks later BECAUSE IT DIDN'T DO WHAT I NEED IT TO DO... here's the important part WITHOUT FRUSTRATION. Believe it or not, every does not need a blackberry to make it through the day. Let alone the Storm. I do just fine with iPhone battery. I rarely have to charge it in the middle of the day. But then again, that's me and may not be the next person. So a lot of people would pick the Storm and a lot would pick the iPhone. So you thinking that the Storm in the end all be all for touchscreens is your own opinion and you wouldn't need a challenge to find that out.

If you want to know about the issues, continue going through the rants. These are not random problems. There are large amount of users experiencing issues the same issues. Random rebooting, screen click failure, dust under the screen, laggy OS, buttons falling off etc... Every company experiences these types of issues, but go see how many Bold, Curve, Pearl users have this stuff going on. You also have to remember that every Storm user in the world does not know about CB. So if their phone wasn't working properly out the box (in which a lot of tweaks had to be made) they don't what to do to make it work right or load a leaked OS. The point is, they shouldn't have too.

And actually, it's the newbies to blackberry that fallen mostly in love with the Storm because it's the best device they ever own. I would feel that way too if my previous device was an LG dare and a Razr before that. But since I have had ever BB since the 8700 series, treos, iphone I would never consider the Storm to be in the top 5 of my devices.
    Last edited by scorpiodsu; 05-20-09 at 03:54 PM.
    05-20-09 03:51 PM
    If you want to know about the issues, continue going through the rants. These are not random problems. There are large amount of users experiencing issues the same issues. Random rebooting, screen click failure, dust under the screen, laggy OS, buttons falling off etc... Every company experiences these types of issues, but go see how many Bold, Curve, Pearl users have this stuff going on. You also have to remember that every Storm user in the world does not know about CB. So if their phone wasn't working properly out the box (in which a lot of tweaks had to be made) they don't what to do to make it work right or load a leaked OS. The point is, they shouldn't have too.
    I can say that from what I have read, most of the button issues, and screen click issues (which are hardware, not software like most complaints) have been resolved with the newest builds on these phones.

As for the random reboots, it becomes what OS are you running, and a lot of times I see the answer of .75, and yes clearly, ITS KNOWN, change the OS if you want to eliminate that! The laggy OS is much the same , and its also laggy due to people overloading the memory and having like under 10mb free because they want to download any and everything and not remove what they dont like.

This could really go on forever, but I think I have been able to make my point here.
    05-20-09 03:56 PM
    i agree, the point is for lovers and haters to come in here, and offer some opposing opinions so that people who are on the fence about buying it don't get blind sided by one group or the other.

bottom line is that the rants/raves don't change anything, its just a vent, and should be treated as such. if you're unhappy, do something about it instead of starting 90 gazillion "zomfg teh RIM storm suxxxorz, where iz meh ifone?!" threads...

OP, what productive steps have you taken to help resolve your issue/issues? software? hardware?
    05-20-09 03:58 PM
    yes, there are plenty of people, and myself was almost one of them before the leaked OS. I wont lie.

And I never stated that everyone who had a problem was new, there are plenty of members that I have known for a while who got storms and had problems, but they had previous blackberry's which gave them the knowledge of how to handle the issues, and how to correct them, in a fashion that benefitted them, not became a big this sucks fest.

to me it doesnt matter either way, like it or hate it, its your phone, use what makes you happy.

but I just want to know what problems people have, and what they have done to try and solve them, because it appears as though nearly all the posts I read about people hating it dont list the problems or what they tried to fix it, they just know somethings wrong and its not magically fixed yet.

just my $.02
    well i can only speak to the issues i had with my storm, the radio was very unreliable. if i had less the 4 bars calls were near impossible. often i could hear them, but they couldn't hear me even if i screamed. but with 4 bars or better it never had that issue. i tried i think 4 different leaked OS's and they did improve the overall smoothness of the OS none fixed the radio problem. i had no third party apps installed. every morning i would have to pull the battery and sometimes through out the day to get the radio working again. i would pull the battery in the morning and once it rebooted there were 8 or 9 emails that didnt get delivered over night. it got to the point i gave up even trying to make calls on it and upgraded to a family plan and got a little flip phone to talk on and just used the storm for internet and email.. at one point i even formated the device and installed from scratch to see if that would fix it. and it didnt..

the one third part app that i wanted to run crashed my phone every 5 minutes, i talked to the developer and he said he has a storm and has never had any problems running it on his...

i don't think hes lying, but how is it it runs fine on his storm, but not on mine . its not the os cause i tried several, and even going back to square one trying to get the app to work and it didn't...

i do not suggest everyone has the problems i had, but my storm was basically unusable, it was not a device i could depend on for even basic calling.

i believe they have or have had a real problem with quality control on the initial run of production with the storm. if i really loved the storm despite the radio issues i was having i might of sent it back and tried a replacement. but i was not that happy with the storm anyway. so i just got a different phone...
    05-20-09 04:03 PM
    I can say that from what I have read, most of the button issues, and screen click issues (which are hardware, not software like most complaints) have been resolved with the newest builds on these phones.

As for the random reboots, it becomes what OS are you running, and a lot of times I see the answer of .75, and yes clearly, ITS KNOWN, change the OS if you want to eliminate that! The laggy OS is much the same , and its also laggy due to people overloading the memory and having like under 10mb free because they want to download any and everything and not remove what they dont like.

This could really go on forever, but I think I have been able to make my point here.

I do agree, but that doesn't excuse RIM or VZW. So I have to live with my Storm buttons coming off because I purchase mine in November instead of January? As for the randon reboots, I agree..... BUT EVERYONE SHOULD RUNNING THE SAME OS. But everyone isn't and we know why. Your point is that people who got the Storm early got crappier hardware and change OS for lag and reboots. Thanks. I'm done.
    05-20-09 04:03 PM
    I don't care where it goes-

As long as it stays out of MY off topic forum.

05-20-09 04:04 PM
    I do agree, but that doesn't excuse RIM or VZW. So I have to live with my Storm buttons coming off because I purchase mine in November instead of January? As for the randon reboots, I agree..... BUT EVERYONE SHOULD RUNNING THE SAME OS. But everyone isn't and we know why. Your point is that people who got the Storm early got crappier hardware and change OS for lag and reboots. Thanks. I'm done.
    "everyone should be running the same OS"

not a valid arguement, other RIM devices have leaks, and other devices have unsupported software, the same can be said for many electronic devices.

but i agree, the phone shouldn't have been released with .65, i don't think any of the OS builds we've seen prior to the .148 build we have now are worthy of being called "official" and my verdict is still out on .148, we'll see. if this gets approved, then i'll say this is the first one worthy of such a title.

hardware issues are a problem with every manufacturing process. that's why you have a warantee.

bottom line is action < words, and i don't see may "ranters" taking action around here. it seems like you'd rather spend your time bi*ching instead of doing something about it.

for those of you who had issues and moved on, good for you. i'm happy you made the decision, and hope you're better off with whatever you chose over the storm.
    05-20-09 04:09 PM

THATS FANTASTIC!!
    05-20-09 04:20 PM
    Okay, here's the deal. This section is for RANTS and RAVES.
    Nothing would be served by segregating the two. As others have
    suggested the spillover would naturally occur and that would make
    containing the insanity all the more difficult.
    Ohh... C'mon,

We need to brake it up, something like this:

Rants,

Software rants
    Hardware rants
    Not as good as the iPhone rants
    Verizon sucks and killed the Storm rants
    RIM sucks and killed the Storm rants
    My friend's iPhone is better than my Storm rants
    I don't know how to use the Storm therefore it SUCKS rants.

Raves.

Now I'm not woing to tell anyone to stop whining, but click here:

Last edited by crisd; 05-20-09 at 04:24 PM.
    05-20-09 04:22 PM
    Ohh... C'mon,

We need to brake it up, something like this:

Rants,

Software rants
    Hardware rants
    Not as good as the iPhone rants
    Verizon sucks and killed the Storm rants
    RIM sucks and killed the Storm rants
    My friend's iPhone is better than my Storm rants
    I don't know how to use the Storm therefore it SUCKS rants.

Raves.

Now I'm not woing to tell anyone to stop whining, but click here:

LOL YOU MADE MY DAY!!! HAHA
    05-20-09 04:33 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD