Hey guys,

I've had my storm since April of last year, and we all know, the Storm sucks.
    I'm just here to give a little word of advice to those who have the same problem I do.

You have a fully charged Storm, you talk for a few minutes, send a few texts, open Google Maps, then suddenly, out of the blue, your Storm shuts off on you and goes through a boot cycle, and when it comes to, your battery is less than 5% and your connections have been turned off.
    Sound like you?

Well, I had the same problem, and the solution? A new battery!
    My girlfriend suggested this to me today, because the same thing was happening to her Dare when she had it back then.

I went to the Verizon store, picked up a new battery for $50, compared the new battery to my current, and boy, was there a difference.

The new battery was flat, and didn't have a red stripe at the bottom (for those of you who don't know, if you have a red stripe, that means you have water damage to your battery). The new battery was also flat on both sides, whereas my battery was a bit inflamed and "puffy".
    I switched the bad boys out, and so far, not a single problem with the battery.

I read somewhere on here a few times saying that Blackberry batteries (when in constant use) shouldn't last longer than a year.

If you don't believe me, just go to your Verizon store, buy a new battery, and test it for a few days. If the problem isn't fixed, bring back the battery, the box, and receipt and get a full refund.

I'm hoping my little spiel was worth reading.

05-22-10 01:38 AM
    The new battery was flat, and didn't have a red stripe at the bottom (for those of you who don't know, if you have a red stripe, that means you have water damage to your battery). The new battery was also flat on both sides, whereas my battery was a bit inflamed and "puffy".
    I switched the bad boys out, and so far, not a single problem with the battery.
    Do not know anyone that has a STORM that does not have the "red stripe" - how do you do a daily battery pull and not eventually get the thing damp!.

I read somewhere on here a few times saying that Blackberry batteries (when in constant use) shouldn't last longer than a year.
    Mine is working fine after 15 months... have noticed much shorter life with .591, but still get at least 8 hours of usage. But have heard of many that have needed a new battery around 1 year.
    05-22-10 10:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD