Recently my Storm has been rebooting at random and when it comes back up the battery is DEAD!

My Storm has run pretty much perfect since I have had it and this problem seems to have appeared out of no where.

This morning I was in the middle of a phone call when it did it; yester day I clicked on an image while on the web and it did it. It seems to becoming mroe frequent.

When it does reboot, the screen goes black and the red light comes on and stays there. I actually have to pull the battery to restart. When it comes back up the battery is dead.......

Any ideas? I am pretty close to my NE2 and am looking at the Droid X or the Storm 2.........................
    07-19-10 12:49 PM
    bad battery maybe?
    07-19-10 01:28 PM
    I just started a thread about the same problem. I've had no issues with my storm since getting it and Im experiencing the same issue now. It will randomly reboot and when it does it comes back on completely dead when I had it on a full charge. I can't just take it off the charger, send a text msg and then this will happen.

Anyone have any ideas or insight??
    07-21-10 09:27 AM
    Mine's been doing this exact same thing for about 3 weeks. VZ sent me a replacement and it arrived today. The replacement immediately reboots whenever I connect it to my computer, but not when I plug it into AC power. After spending an hour on the phone with VZ I'm picking up another replacement at a nearby VZ store tomorrow, unless I figure out and fix the reboot problem tonight.

Oh and once again, I was reminded about how great the Droid is and how they'd be happy to put me in one if I'd be willing to accept a contract extension.
    07-23-10 08:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD