Does anyone have an problems with their Storm randomly doing a hard reboot while on? Some days this doesn't happen at all that i am aware of, however some days (like today) it has rebooted like four separate times. This is very annoying and inconvenient when I need to use it. When I called Verizon with concerns about this issue they claimed that they have never heard about this problem before. Which has to be BS since there are many posts online from others with this same issue.

When i fist got my BB Storm, the battery that it came with was bad and I had to get a replacement battery mailed to me from Verizon. I wonder if this related. I am not looking forward to the idea of replacing the whole phone since I have a crap-load of apps and whatnot downloaded on this one already
    03-13-09 04:11 PM
    its BS. i got a second storm today because of that issue. only had one hard restart today tho so its an improvement but who knows what tomorrow will bring. i'm holding out for the official OS. don't give up yet. as soon as you do the new OS will be released. i know i didnt look forward to recustomizing mine either. so its not just you!
    03-14-09 11:55 PM
    This is no BS. I have an open case with blackberry customer service as we speak. They are aware of the issue. I wrote an angry letter to Blackberry headquarters in Canda voicing my dissatisfaction with the phone. I recievied a phone call from their customer care department. They had a tech. to contact me and I worked with him over the course of 2 weeks. It was finally determined that it was a software isssue. However, Verizon will not give me another phone because this is my second one. Blackberry offered me a "loaner" phone until a software update is released. Therefore, WRITE A LETTER TO THEM AND COMPLAIN! The more people who complain and push the issue will make them work harder to fix the problem. I know a lot of other people with the same problem. The Storm is a wonderful phone when it works right. Mine reboots 3 to 4 times per day. So write a letter voice your concern because believe it or not.....they will respond. It shocked me.
    03-15-09 01:11 AM
    Does anyone have an problems with their Storm randomly doing a hard reboot while on? Some days this doesn't happen at all that i am aware of, however some days (like today) it has rebooted like four separate times. This is very annoying and inconvenient when I need to use it. When I called Verizon with concerns about this issue they claimed that they have never heard about this problem before. Which has to be BS since there are many posts online from others with this same issue.

When i fist got my BB Storm, the battery that it came with was bad and I had to get a replacement battery mailed to me from Verizon. I wonder if this related. I am not looking forward to the idea of replacing the whole phone since I have a crap-load of apps and whatnot downloaded on this one already
    do yourself a favor now that happen to me with the original batt but updated to a leaked os and im fine now....
    03-15-09 01:19 AM
    This is no BS. I have an open case with blackberry customer service as we speak. They are aware of the issue. I wrote an angry letter to Blackberry headquarters in Canda voicing my dissatisfaction with the phone. I recievied a phone call from their customer care department. They had a tech. to contact me and I worked with him over the course of 2 weeks. It was finally determined that it was a software isssue. However, Verizon will not give me another phone because this is my second one. Blackberry offered me a "loaner" phone until a software update is released. Therefore, WRITE A LETTER TO THEM AND COMPLAIN! The more people who complain and push the issue will make them work harder to fix the problem. I know a lot of other people with the same problem. The Storm is a wonderful phone when it works right. Mine reboots 3 to 4 times per day. So write a letter voice your concern because believe it or not.....they will respond. It shocked me.
    ok first off this is the first time hearing that its a software problem, look around there are many many people with .75 and up and there are no problems as far as anyone saying a software problem and as far as getting a new phone resent to you almost always you get it.....

ps you really think vsw will tell u its there os problem that is pissing you off? really i doubt that
    03-15-09 01:24 AM
    its BS. i got a second storm today because of that issue. only had one hard restart today tho so its an improvement but who knows what tomorrow will bring. i'm holding out for the official OS. don't give up yet. as soon as you do the new OS will be released. i know i didnt look forward to recustomizing mine either. so its not just you!
    really now how many other phones do you know to reset themselves? i know soo many!
    03-15-09 01:27 AM
    Mine used to do that once in a while when I would plug it in to the usb or the charger. Outside of that its only happened twice, once while taking a picture (I'm assuming OS related) and the other while I was trying to get directions from Google maps.

I think it was after installing either .106 or .109 that it quit doing it.
    03-15-09 01:43 AM
    Mine used to do that once in a while when I would plug it in to the usb or the charger. Outside of that its only happened twice, once while taking a picture (I'm assuming OS related) and the other while I was trying to get directions from Google maps.

I think it was after installing either .106 or .109 that it quit doing it.
    ive never had that happen with pics but with google maps i have
    03-15-09 01:46 AM
    ive never had that happen with pics but with google maps i have
    I can't remember which OS, but it was the one with the known camera problems, either .90 or .99. It focused, green square, click and reset! lol followed by me cussing...
    03-15-09 01:50 AM
    mine has been randomly resetting as well. sometimes its only once a day..other times its like 4 times. i only have .75 on mine...no idea why it does it...it's really really frustrating...almost makes me want to trade in the storm for something else =/
    03-15-09 03:49 PM
    this new storm i received is working out a lot better for me. i wanted to trade in for a curve but now i dont think i could. especially after staying in the forums for awhile it makes you want to leave the storm, but then you see a few success stories and it makes you stay with it.
    03-15-09 09:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD