Hey guys. Just recently bought my Storm used from a guy that wanted a curve + money. So I gave him my curver and $175. Figured it was a good trade.

Ok, over the past day or so, when I goto lock the phone, the little black hr glass thingy will pop up, but the icons WONT go away, UNTIL, I touch the screen and make it click, then they will go away and into the lock mode. It's weird.

Also, when I recieve SMS or MMS messages, I will have to hit the Blackberry button, then the back button in order to see the little red star on the SMS button.

One more thing, I'm not sure what is draining the **** out of my battery, but something is, and no, I dont have Facebook installed, lol. I really dont use the browser that much, cause I'm at work most of the time, but something is eating battery life...
    02-05-09 06:49 PM
    Sounds like a ripp off to me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 06:56 PM
    Hey guys. Just recently bought my Storm used from a guy that wanted a curve + money. So I gave him my curver and $175. Figured it was a good trade.

Ok, over the past day or so, when I goto lock the phone, the little black hr glass thingy will pop up, but the icons WONT go away, UNTIL, I touch the screen and make it click, then they will go away and into the lock mode. It's weird.

Also, when I recieve SMS or MMS messages, I will have to hit the Blackberry button, then the back button in order to see the little red star on the SMS button.

One more thing, I'm not sure what is draining the **** out of my battery, but something is, and no, I dont have Facebook installed, lol. I really dont use the browser that much, cause I'm at work most of the time, but something is eating battery life...
    What OS do you have?
    Try reinstalling OS or try installing the leak OS .99
    02-05-09 06:58 PM
    to answer the first question you have memory cleaner on to turn it off go to options>security options>memory cleaning> and disable it then see what happens when u lock the screen.
    02-05-09 06:59 PM
    to answer the first question you have memory cleaner on to turn it off go to options>security options>memory cleaning> and disable it then see what happens when u lock the screen.
    Forgot about that
    02-05-09 07:00 PM

Which ver. do you have? Maybe is time to do a firmware update. Do a search on this forum and you will find instructions how to do it.
    02-05-09 07:01 PM
    V4.7.0.99

That's the lastest right? I dont have Weatherbug on here, nor Viigo, and I'm not sure how do update anything..lol
    02-05-09 07:08 PM
    Ok, great, that worked...thanks!
    02-05-09 07:10 PM
    WOW! That really speeds up the locking of the phone. I was wondering why it was taking so long lately. I guess I just have to remember to manually run the memory cleaner every once in a while.

Thanks,
    Rich
    02-05-09 07:21 PM
    WOW! That really speeds up the locking of the phone. I was wondering why it was taking so long lately. I guess I just have to remember to manually run the memory cleaner every once in a while.

Thanks,
    Rich
    Yea, it's acutally worked, pretty cool.

Still need to know about my battery dying quickly, maybe cause I had the Memory cleaner enabled?
    02-05-09 07:25 PM
    yea anytime guys, the memory problem has so many variables there are all kinds of reasons why your battery performance could be poor. its a pretty hard problem to diagnose.
    02-05-09 07:31 PM
    If u have your landscape homescreen set to 4x4
    It will cause the sms and mms nitification problem.
    Go to option>advanced options>accesability>grid layout.
    And set it back to default

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-09 09:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD